Session Time Extended - Gimme your feedback

Instructions on how to join - it is free but I need to activate your account manually.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

Session Time Extended - Gimme your feedback

Postby DaveSpeedoEvans » Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:12 am

Hey guys,

This morning I've been tweeking a few little things with the forum settings.

Main one that you guys will notice (hopefully) is extending the session time so the forum doesn't require you to re login every 6 minutes.

Let me know what you think about this. I generally keep the forum running in one of my windows throughout the day and having to login was a bit of a pain.

Any other ideas on how to improve things let me know here or via private message.

Dave
DaveSpeedoEvans

Re: Session Time Extended - Gimme your feedback

Postby diveguy » Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:00 am

I find it tedious to be limited to only three picture uploads per post. Is there any way that limit can be increased? I saw that paspeedo seemed to have several pics on one single post in his most recent topic (get well soon paspeedo!) and I don't know how he did it so maybe this has already been implemented? Anyway thanks again for all your work in keeping this forum going!
Underwater and Speedo loving straight guy
diveguy

Postby Nate » Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:25 am

Diveguy - he uploaded his photos onto Photobucket and then linked them into the post by the looks of it, you can add as many externally linked photos as you like per post i believe.

The only time the three attachments rule annoys me is when people post the next three in a new thread instead of a reply in the same thread ha just a little annoyance :p

And Dave, i like the extended session time! Quite handy.
23 // Pool Lifeguard // Wales
Nate

Postby DaveSpeedoEvans » Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:22 am

Diveguy,

Nate is correct mate, PASPeedo hotlinked his images - you'll notice I do the same thing a fair bit. Saying that, I didn't realise it was a 3 photo limit. I've increased it to 5 this morning.

My only concern of making it say 20 is if someone uploads photos that are HUGE in size and the post looks horrible with that many pics - I'll delete posts if the photos are 4,000 pixels wide (or resize them) if I have time.

Let me know if increasing it to 5 helps.

I also noticed in the setting that attaching images to private messages wasn't allowed - I've change that so you can.

Dave
DaveSpeedoEvans

Postby diveguy » Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:32 am

DaveSpeedoEvans wrote:Diveguy,

Nate is correct mate, PASPeedo hotlinked his images - you'll notice I do the same thing a fair bit. Saying that, I didn't realise it was a 3 photo limit. I've increased it to 5 this morning.

My only concern of making it say 20 is if someone uploads photos that are HUGE in size and the post looks horrible with that many pics - I'll delete posts if the photos are 4,000 pixels wide (or resize them) if I have time.

Let me know if increasing it to 5 helps.

I also noticed in the setting that attaching images to private messages wasn't allowed - I've change that so you can.

Dave

5 is a lot better, thanks! I also don't mind if there is a max limit on the size of the pictures that can be posted in order to not hog up so much data. In fact I prefer not to have pictures so big that they are larger than my browser window and force me to resize it or scroll back and forth to see the full pic or scroll to get to the controls such as page next and etc.
Underwater and Speedo loving straight guy
diveguy

Postby dhs » Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:06 pm

DaveSpeedoEvans wrote:Hey guys,

This morning I've been tweeking a few little things with the forum settings.

Main one that you guys will notice (hopefully) is extending the session time so the forum doesn't require you to re login every 6 minutes.

Let me know what you think about this. I generally keep the forum running in one of my windows throughout the day and having to login was a bit of a pain.

Any other ideas on how to improve things let me know here or via private message.

Dave

Dave I got the pair of white speedos you promised
Me with your name on it! Had an instant hard
On soon as I got it out of the package!
Just had to relieve the pressure that
Was building with no & immediately
Removed the liner as didn't want any
Interference! I will send pictures from
My I phone if u would send me address
Or I will send to address on envelope!
Thank u chuck
dhs