G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Hi From Japan

If you are new - post an introduction and tell us a little about yourself.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

SammyKyoupan
Japan

Hi From Japan

Post by SammyKyoupan » Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:34 pm

My introduction which I forget to do when I sign up: I am Japanese but went to school in America so my English is good and I love chat with others who share my fetishisms of which I have many :lol: I was on swim team since age 10 and was diver. I love swimsuits (Japanese will call it competition bread or kyoupan, showing off in them sexy like, and like outdoor exposure and shame play. Also love Shota and Cosplay.

I am friendly boy and like to chat with all who are also friendly and respectful. If you are the rude person or a snark then you are not welcomed.

twink99
Netherlands

Re: Hi From Japan

Post by twink99 » Tue Mar 08, 2022 10:24 pm

Welcome, nice how active you are here!

What fetishes do you have that you haven't yet shared here?
Board shorts are for sissies

SammyKyoupan
Japan

Post by SammyKyoupan » Fri Mar 11, 2022 9:17 pm

Hi Twink99,
Thanks for reply. I like finding this forum. I like to share my fetish with like-minded people. I have fetish friends in real life but it's also fun to chat anonymously.

In Japan, fetishisms are very common compared with most other countries I've visited. Besides "speedos" or what we call "競パン (which translated means " Bread Competition", but don't google the english or you will only see loaves of bread LOL), I have other fetishisms, and probably CosPlay is the biggest one, which I posted about on a thread here.

Besides being a swim team diver, I also studied ballet as a kid and so I have fetishism for ballet tights and leotard (male, not female LOL). Believe it or not, many swim team divers also do ballet. I got into ballet not because I wanted to but because it was required training for our team since it improves your balance and body control in a way that few other things can.

I also am a cyclist and so I like cycling shorts, tights, and speed suits.

White briefs are a huge fetishism for me, as they are for many Japanese guys. Just cruise around on Japanese Twitter and see how many member names have "BVD" as part of their name if you doubt this LOL.

Fetishisms are fun, all kinds :lol:

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Sat Mar 12, 2022 9:19 pm

SammyKyoupan wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:34 pm
My introduction which I forget to do when I sign up: I am Japanese but went to school in America so my English is good and I love chat with others who share my fetishisms of which I have many :lol: I was on swim team since age 10 and was diver. I love swimsuits (Japanese will call it competition bread or kyoupan, showing off in them sexy like, and like outdoor exposure and shame play. Also love Shota and Cosplay.

I am friendly boy and like to chat with all who are also friendly and respectful. If you are the rude person or a snark then you are not welcomed.
Glad you joined. Interesting comments and insights about Japan. Young men in Japan are more liberated than in the U.S.
Long time Speedo® lover

SammyKyoupan
Japan

Post by SammyKyoupan » Sat Mar 12, 2022 10:22 pm

Thom wrote:
Sat Mar 12, 2022 9:19 pm
SammyKyoupan wrote:

Glad you joined. Interesting comments and insights about Japan. Young men in Japan are more liberated than in the U.S.
Thanks, I am glad I joined also. About your comment...It's not just Japan but almost everywhere in Asia, and many other places I've visited like Australia.. America is the only place I've been where people seem to really not like the look of a guy in Speedos, and even seem to frown upon it. Very odd to me :roll:

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Sun Mar 13, 2022 5:32 am

SammyKyoupan wrote:
Sat Mar 12, 2022 10:22 pm

Thanks, I am glad I joined also. About your comment...It's not just Japan but almost everywhere in Asia, and many other places I've visited like Australia.. America is the only place I've been where people seem to really not like the look of a guy in Speedos, and even seem to frown upon it. Very odd to me :roll:
I"m older. When I was young, they were more common and accepted. We've gone backwards. I remember visiting Florida in the early 90s. I rented a Hobie Cat on the beach. The college student who ran the rentals wore speedos all day. I wore them sailing--a narrow-sided pair of Arenas. You saw them on the beach, then. Not now.
Long time Speedo® lover

SammyKyoupan
Japan

Post by SammyKyoupan » Sun Mar 13, 2022 8:47 pm

Everything in America is so conservative. When I was 14 and we holiday in America it wasn't like that so much but now it is.

Everybody who swim competitive in America wore Speedo style back then, and I remember see Adidas football (soccer) shorts then and we not have in Japan yet.

They also were very short and skimpy and make yu feel so free to wear! I like very much how they felt to wear and how they look...very yum yum!, so I buy many in all colors and be first boy back home to wear for PE. Now boys im America wear basketball shorts that go down over knee so far they look like long pans! It look so dopey! Why?

But now in America everybody wear board shorts which look so silly and very uncomfortable since they get all draggy when you are wet. They are made for surfing and I hate them for surfing. I surf in competiion swimswear and so do many other Japanse surfers becuase they just feel free and comfy!

And now swim teams all wear jammers even in Japan now!! I even more hate those!

Speedo style is so good for swimming. Why they not so popular now is big mystery!

BriefExcursion20
United States of America

Post by BriefExcursion20 » Sun Mar 13, 2022 10:55 pm

I know I said this in a previous thread, but I think a lot of that conservatism might stem from a certain social anxiety.

Here in the States, there comes a time in a lot of guys' lives (mainly teens and early 20s) where we just get really self-conscious about our bodies and who we show them to. Often times this results in wanting to wear more concealing clothing, even in activities like swimming.

I wouldn't say there's anything inherently wrong with that since, whether it's radical or conservative, people should wear what they feel comfortable wearing. By the same token, if someone chooses to wear something like a speedo, I don't think that they should be shamed from doing so. Also, it doesn't exactly help that American media paints speedos in the most garish manner possible, as if to say "Nah, you don't want to wear THOSE, do you??"

And I've noticed this a lot in Japanese media as well, where speedos are used a gag for mockery (though there have been some exceptions from what I've seen). If anything, it really seems like Europe is the most open-minded place when it comes to men's swimsuits.

sandford50
Great Britain

Post by sandford50 » Sun Mar 13, 2022 11:34 pm

SammyKyoupan wrote:

Hello, from the UK. Hope you have some happy times on this board and some nice pictures to share

twink99
Netherlands

Post by twink99 » Sun Mar 13, 2022 11:47 pm

@BriefExcursion20

Swim briefs are more accepted in Europe, but don't be mistaken, even here it is not very common, even in Southern Europe.

In my country, the Netherlands, it's somewhat rare actually, more common in countries like Italy, Spain, Greece, Croatia etc., but even there you usually see people wearing those board shorts at pools and beaches.

I think my country is typically more accepting of speedo's, but the acceptance isn't great either. You might still get some mockery from teenagers from time to time. But it's probably better than in the US as far as I can compare.

To get back to how rare it is in my county, just go to Google Images and look up any recent photo's of our beaches or pools. The more recent, the less swim briefs/swim boxers you see. But there are still some wearing it.
Board shorts are for sissies

SammyKyoupan
Japan

Post by SammyKyoupan » Mon Mar 14, 2022 12:34 am

Maybe Europeans in european countries don't wear them but a lot of Europeans visiting here in Thailand not only wear them, but wear the extremely revealing ones. Perhaps that's the reason they come here for holiday, just so they can do that :lol:

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Mon Mar 14, 2022 6:51 am

SammyKyoupan wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 12:34 am
Maybe Europeans in european countries don't wear them but a lot of Europeans visiting here in Thailand not only wear them, but wear the extremely revealing ones. Perhaps that's the reason they come here for holiday, just so they can do that :lol:
I think you're right. They don't call the desire to travel wanderlust for nothing.
Long time Speedo® lover

oldspeedo
United States of America

Post by oldspeedo » Wed Mar 16, 2022 1:50 pm

Love to read (and look at) your posts. Keep them coming, and welcome to the site. Let's see some photos of your cycling gear.

joeylee
Singapore

Post by joeylee » Mon Aug 08, 2022 3:14 am

It's a bit unfortunate that I seem to have missed you by a few months, would've loved to ask you about the kyouei mizugi fetish in Japan.

waterni
United States of America

Post by waterni » Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:25 pm

Hello! I'm new as well. I've studied a little bit of Japanese in college for a few semesters so maybe we can practice English and 日本語! I've always loved the look and feel of arena swimwear too!

waterni
United States of America

Post by waterni » Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:26 pm

I'm also into cosplay too! I've had the pleasure of being able to cosplay a few times for conventions.

waterni
United States of America

Post by waterni » Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:31 pm

Feel free to message me! I would love to get to know guys better on the forum. I even bought some 競パン myself from Japan online. I really prefer the bikini cut to American style cut that is typically sold over here

Asics87T
Australia

Post by Asics87T » Sun Apr 02, 2023 3:10 am

Hi Sammy, welcome to the forum!