G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Hi there

If you are new - post an introduction and tell us a little about yourself.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

karlos
Great Britain

Re: Hi there

Post by karlos » Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:13 am

Well next lesson later this evening, hopefully I'll be a little bit more coordinated with my arms and my ankles won't be as stiff. Although I've had no chance in between lessons to practice as I'm still stuck with going on my own.

I've also got another pair of jammers that the same size, aren't as tight, but are an inch and half shorter in the leg. One of the slight problems with being a skinny enough mid 20's adult to still be stuck in between kid/teens and adults sizes.

One problem I don't have in either of these.

dhs

Post by dhs » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:41 am

karlos wrote:Right, something slightly different to the normal introduction. I’ve had a speedo/lycra fetch for as long as I can remember, but have never actually been able to swim. Until recently where I’ve just started taking lessons at a local pool.

As about a year and half ago while at work (not a nice place to work for or at tbh) while being overworked doing a lot of heavy lifting (car wheels/tyres ranging from 20kg to 35kg each) with already sore and tied muscles. I predictably pulled the muscles in the left side of my lower back and suffered with really bad back pain and sciatica down my left leg.

After a few months of being able to do pretty much nothing, the sciatica seems to have all but disappeared thanks to some rather painful physio, providing I don’t do anything too stupid day to day.

But what it has left me with is rather weak back muscles, which now become sore and tired a lot faster than before. Witch unfortunately is currently limiting me to what I can do work wise and from day to day. I’ve also always been on the skinny side, which probably doesn’t help.

But just over a month ago I started adult swimming lessons down at a local pool, as unfortunately it seems I had no one I knew to either teach or go with. With most either being completely uninterested, too busy or couldn't swim either.

So far the lessons have gone ok so far, even if I've had the odd comment that my jammers are too revealing (I’m saving the speedos for once I can swim and I’ve tried shorts and I know which ones I prefer) and the odd issue on how the lessons are being thought. But so far so good for someone who had never been in a pool before and still way better than endless back pain and painkillers (me being me I prefer not to take them anyway) etc.
I know how u feel I know a lot of people so I wouldn't wear my speedo around friends or who knew me but an oleo an friend(she died of cancer 2 yrs ago)
She said if nobody knows u & most don't here in Palm Springs
Just wear them & I do all my bright colors so I have fun ask am festive & I am bi!

markuswolf09
United States of America

Post by markuswolf09 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:40 pm

Hey karlos,

Just wanted to say that I feel a one piece suit on a woman is often more sexy than a too tiny bikini. I've also come to like the look and feel of jammers too. Keep up the swim lessons!

electric2010
United States of America

Post by electric2010 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:13 am

You look great in all of your suits. Keep up the goo work.

karlos
Great Britain

Post by karlos » Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:58 am

Thanks, well last evening I manged a few widths front crawl with a few less successful attempts.

Although I only have 4 lessons left and the new company that have taken over running the pool are now only doing lessons if you pay the monthly membership, plus the increased cost of the lessons on top. So for me it's just far to expensive and I'm back to looking for a pool that does adult and not just kids lessons.

karlos
Great Britain

Post by karlos » Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:22 pm

Well as it’s been well over 7 months, I thought it might be long overdue an update.

I’ve still kept up with the weekly lessons, although I have since switched pools. As the attitude and teaching (or lack of) of the first one tended to be to just jump in and get on with it, constantly being told ONLY what I was doing wrong, but not how to correct it. That and having a completely different instructor each week didn’t help. Plus since it was taken over the average age of the lifeguards dropped to 16, who spent most of the time standing around talking to each other as if they had nothing to do. Despite the pool area and changing areas being a mess and on more than one occasion full of sweets/rubbish. I even had a conversation with one instructor while waiting at the side of the pool, that over the summer they would prefer it if the pool full of kids didn’t stay in longer than 20mins, as they wouldn’t be making any money.

But as, I say I’ve since found a much nicer pool, were all the staff are happy to stop and open chat and a really good instructor. The only things that’s holding me back now is my lack of confidence of the deep end. And finding the time/someone (so it doesn’t get boring) to go off down the pool.

As one group of people I used to know, seemed to assume a guy in his late 20’s was something of a joke wanting to learn, let alone swim. Thinking quite wrongly that only kids need to or learn to swim incise they ever fell in a river or a lake etc. And that somehow me going swimming made me a pedo as only kids swim and a pervert for being ‘undressed’ in public. Although none of them had the decency to make any of the false accusations direct to my face.

I did also have one mate I was going to the pool with most weeks. Witch was fine to begin with as I chose to wear a pair of water shorts and my mate wearing a pair of knee length board shorts. That was until I got so fed up with the shorts, that on the next visit to the pool I switched back to a pair of jammers. Witch then just started the old ‘gay’ and ‘too revealing’ comments and general sniggering. But that’s despite my ‘mate’ complaining about how his shorts were also annoying and that my jammers didn’t show anything, but were borderline/revealing.

But apart from all that and still not tencicaly being able to do a full length of the pool (I just need to get over my fear of the deeper parts of the pool) I’ve gained 8 pounds in weight/muscle witch for me is actually a very good thing and my backs improved massively. It’s just finding the time and someone to go with that's proving the difficult bit.

Oh and more importantly, I’ve still yet to openly wear a pair of speedos in the pool. As wearing a pair under my water shorts doesn’t count.

cape boy

Post by cape boy » Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:32 pm

Best of luck with the swimming I've been swimming every day now for years and I've never felt better in my life. At my age I'm in the best shape of my life and I meet fun and interesting people at the pool. And dump the jammers and go right to the speedo's no one well look at you strange when she starts swim strong. Again best of luck

Snowbrief
United States of America

Post by Snowbrief » Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:33 pm

This is an inspriation for anyone reading this blog thinking about learning to swim, and sticking with it.

I too was afraid of the water most of my life and didn't really learn to swim until my 30's. I signed up for an afternoon class and other then the one lady who dropped out half-way through (she wanted to stay, but couldn't because her baby sitter changed majors and couldn't look after her kids anymore, I hope she signed back up the next year?), the class/pool was filled with kids 12 & under.

The class only lasted about three months, but I learned how to swim, especially since I had a personal trainer for the most part. I remember the one night when the kids where all leaving, leaving me with a pool to myself, and I my instructor (which was a very cute college lady) challenged me to swim the entire length of the pool. I took a big breath, and started off, with a group of instructors, both guys and girls, cheering me one! It felt so great when I hit the end of the pool with head, I headed back to the shallow end, and completed two full lengths! (Only a 25 yard pool, but the achievement of my life!)

I wanted to do it again, but they needed to get going, because, even though I made it to the end, it still took me what probably seemed to them, an hour....I was slow! The next week, she "made" me dive off the diving board in the 14 foot deep end. So for next hour, she demonstrated how to dive and corrected what I was doing wrong. I remember when I first jumped off, I jumped forward and feet straight down into the water. When I surfaced, she had this grin on her face, and asked, "How was the wedgy?" I was wearing boardshorts, she was a collage girl, and me a grown man, and we laughed, but it was her way of telling me I probably wouldn't want to do that again! We only worked off the 1 meter board, she knew better then to get me up on the 3-meter board!

I continued to go to that pool to swim after the classes (college campus) and in the morning, there was never more then three of us in that 8-lane pool. It was that pool where I stripped off the shorts, and went speedo! It was there that I knew there was no other way to swim, and loved it!

That pool doesn't exist anymore. It was leveled, and needed to be as there was a period where it was so neglected, the chlorine was so bad, they had to take out the diving boards as the supports weren't there any more. The area is becoming locker rooms for a growing, successful basketball program, and the school is building a better, more useful natatorium which should attract more people to swimming.

Sorry for rambling, Karlos. I had forgotten about that class until I started typing here and just continued typing. Fortunately, my class was filled with fond memories, other then the odd moments of showering with very young kids. That was rather uncomfortable, so I would wait until they all left the shower before I would take mine.....group shower, no stalls.

I hope at your new pool, it gets better and you continue with your swimming lessons. I was like you in the deep end, but when you finally convince yourself like I did, the body floats the same in 4 feet of water just the same as it does in 14 feet.

Take care, and best of luck! Snow
Let's keep it brief.

karlos
Great Britain

Post by karlos » Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:31 pm

Thanks, I’ve actually got a decision to make after my lesson tomorrow evening (still have 3 left) on re-enrolment for another 11 weeks worth of lessons starting in January and moving up a group. Which at the last pool they tried (unsuccessfully imo) to teach beginners down at the shallow end and improvers at the deeper end both at the same time, witch at best limits you to swimming 10 meter widths.

But at the new pool I’ve been going to they do it as two completely separate groups, but with 2 lanes for the regular lap swimmers and members. Witch for beginners means doing widths of 8.3 meters or lengths of 16 meters till the start of the deep end. But for the improvers they put in all 6 lanes so you can do full 25 meter lengths.

Witch after a brief chat with one of the instructors last week would be the better one for me now. As even though I could tencicaly already swim when starting at the new pool I made more progress within one hour than in 10 at the first pools lessons. But then both instructors and all the members of staff (two young females in particular) are all great.

It’s just the other events that have happened (or haven’t) outside of the lessons thanks to a small groups religious views assuming and accusing the worst in everyone to distract form their own flaws, rather than seeing someone trying to better themselves.

diveguy
United States of America

Post by diveguy » Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:54 am

Snowbrief wrote:...I hope at your new pool, it gets better and you continue with your swimming lessons. I was like you in the deep end, but when you finally convince yourself like I did, the body floats the same in 4 feet of water just the same as it does in 14 feet.
Or 140 feet! Great story, Snowbrief! I myself am very glad I learned to swim as a kid, and also did it for PE in high school, so by the time I was ready to get wet for the first time in a Speedo, as a 30-year old, on the beaches of Hawaii, the only hangup was forcing myself to strip down to my Speedo, and not any fear of swimming! In the ocean! And that lead to all the snorkeling in my Speedo, and while I didn't swim out to where the water was 140 feet deep, I sure did make it out to 40 feet deep water, and freedived down to the bottom of it, in my Speedo, and the feeling of that is simply incredible.

As to 140 foot deep water, the only time I found myself swimming in water that deep was when I was accidentally pitched off a sailboat in the middle of Santa Monica Bay. I wasn't wearing a speedo for that one! Just shorts and a tee shirt. And no life vest, because the conditions didn't call for it and since I could swim, and was an adult, I wasn't wearing one, and neither was anyone else participating in the regatta that day. But if I couldn't swim, not only would I have worn a life vest, the reality is that I probably would not have allowed myself to be out on a sailboat in the middle of Santa Monica Bay, life vest or no life vest, and I would have missed out on a fun day of sailboat racing.

So Karlos, I would encourage you to continue with your swimming lessons as strongly as possible. If not at that pool, then somewhere. And not just as a great opportunity to wear your speedo, but also because life is a lot better if you can swim comfortably.
Underwater and Speedo loving straight guy