G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Always a G'day when wearing Speedos

If you are new - post an introduction and tell us a little about yourself.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

redheaded_aquaman

Always a G'day when wearing Speedos

Post by redheaded_aquaman » Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:22 am

Back again.

Still in Austin, TX. Changing ISPs and forgetting my password kept me away for awhile.

Enjoying my own pool with plenty of opportunity for hanging out in various speedos every day during the Spring and Summer. It's cold now so all I can do is longingly look at the freezing cold water and *wish* it were warm again. A new LAFitness is opening in S. Austin soon, so I'll be able to swim everyday, if I make the effort to drive in from where I live.

See you around.
Attachments
DSC01594.jpg
DSC01594.jpg (123.3 KiB) Viewed 4747 times
Tie_speedo_small.jpg
Tie_speedo_small.jpg (108.97 KiB) Viewed 4747 times

merken

Re: Always a G'day when wearing Speedos

Post by merken » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:31 pm

Austin represent!

I'm curious; why do you have to wait for the LA Fitness to open? There are plenty of gyms in Austin with pools.

swimdude
United States of America

Post by swimdude » Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:12 pm

Welcome

redheaded_aquaman

Post by redheaded_aquaman » Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:53 am

merken wrote:Austin represent!

I'm curious; why do you have to wait for the LA Fitness to open? There are plenty of gyms in Austin with pools.

There are no easily accessible gyms with pools in *far* south Austin. On the weekends, I drive over to the "new" Westlake Gold's, but on a daily basis that just doesn't work. Nor does Lifetime Fitness work for me 1) it's too expensive and 2) the traffic to get there is a pain in the ass.

With any luck, a new Gold's or 24 Hr Fitness will go in near Southpark Meadows once HEB completes their build-out at the end of 2015 at the intersection of Slaughter and I-35. The yet-to-be started LAFitness at Manchaca and Slaughter (behind the Walgreens) will eventually be the pool I go to until Gold's or 24 Hr Fitness builds closer. I will tolerate the traffic to swim at the new LAFitness on S. Lamar during the week until another option presents itself that removes the southbound 1-35 / Ben White overpass from my commute.

Honestly, we should ditch the "Keep Austin Weird" slogan and instead adopt "Austin: Hope you're not be in a hurry to get anywhere. Welcome to the fourth (soon to be third) worst traffic in America."
Last edited by redheaded_aquaman on Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

redheaded_aquaman

Post by redheaded_aquaman » Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:10 am

merken wrote:Austin represent!

Just today, I drove up I-35 to the "new" Highland Gold's. They have a great pool. However, a mid-afternoon trip up (which took 25 minutes to get to) and leaving the gym at 4pm -- involved a return trip thru town on I-35 of an hour to return home, that's not acceptable.

I used to swim at Stacey Pool but stopped once they built the new bathhouse/changing rooms. It became an ordeal to go on my lunch break because homeless people discovered the free shower and those guys would take forever to get cleaned up. I could very easily go swim another 1000 or 1650 in the time it took them to shower. It's a great pool, but it was a hassle after awhile and I've not returned since. The fact that it wasn't heated was an issue too in the winter, even though I did brave it for two (winters). I really loathed my job then so, swimming was a way to stay out of the office for as long as possible during lunch and because it was a fitness activity, they cut me some slack to take a longer lunch break. Deep Eddy is too far of a drive, the traffic to get there and back sucks, but it is my favorite pool in the City and I go when I have the luxury of time.

The neighborhood/country club pool is outrageously priced for membership, isn't heated, and they have a ridiculously limited open season in which to swim. If I lived elsewhere in Austin, I would have better options. It's not as easy as one might imagine -- and believe me, I truly love to swim and have done my fair share of due diligence to find a solution to allow me to do so. At least I have my own pool at the house, but it's not a lap type pool by any measure. I can work on my tan and cool off, but I can't log distance or fitness swim in it.

merken

Post by merken » Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:10 am

Nice summary of what's available.

The Gregory pool is the best by far, but it's probably the least accessible in terms of location and membership opportunities.

mikesk40

Post by mikesk40 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:31 pm

welcome and great pic

Baltspeed
Latvia

Post by Baltspeed » Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:50 pm

I agree. Wearing Speedos and then I´ll have some fun - always at the same time. 8)