G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Hello! From New York

If you are new - post an introduction and tell us a little about yourself.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

SoccerDan

Hello! From New York

Post by SoccerDan » Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:58 pm

Hi guys!

I am 22 years old and I live in central NY.

I strive to be very active. I love the outdoors and I love swimming whether it's in a pool, lake or beach. I actually did swimming and diving in high school and that's when I discovered the awesome freedom of wearing speedos. I haven't been in a swimming team since I graduated HS but I still play soccer in a team (goalkeeper).

Around here not many people wear speedos so I definitely get many people commenting on it. I always try convincing some of my friends to try it, but they end up shying away from it. I would love for this to be a more common thing to see around!

Around two years ago I visited some of my family in Italy. In the beach a great percentage of guys wore swimming briefs and barely anyone wore board shorts. It was an awesome experience and it felt great to be a part of it!

Anyway, I am glad to have found this forum where I can share my experiences with other people who understand my point of view. I look forward to getting to know you.

Scottiebum
Great Britain

Re: Hello! From New York

Post by Scottiebum » Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:31 pm

Welcome, glad you have joined! :)
Straight
Scottish
Speedo

frankjath

Post by frankjath » Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:36 pm

Hi Dan love to see more guys my age on here. The more young guys that wear speedos without shame the more it will be normal. You look good in your avatar pic! Can't wait to read more of your posts!

Sent from my iPad in the middle of an enchanted forest.

paspeedo
United States of America

Post by paspeedo » Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:47 pm

Welcome!! Im from PA, and know exactly how you feel! I love to wear mine to Sandy hook NJ Beaches, and a few other members were talking about Riis Park. Glad you became a member here--and since we are close by, maybe meet up at the beach someday for some fun in the sun!

diveguy
United States of America

Post by diveguy » Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:10 am

Welcome and thanks for joining! You look great in your avatar pic - you have zero reason to not wear a Speedo anytime you're on, in or near the water.

You are the perfect person to ask a question I've been curious about: What is the percentage you think, of guys like you who regularly wore speedos in high school/college for competitive swimming or diving, or water polo, that would prefer to also wear them in casual/social situations such as at the beach, instead of board shorts? Except are forced to wear the long swim trousers because of societal pressures. I swear, if I had a young man's athletic muscular physique and already had gotten passed the fear of being seen in a speedo because wearing one was just a routine part of my sport, I'd be pissed off royally if I had to wear knee length trunks outside of competition. Especially when all the ragingly hot looking young women get to trade their one-pieces for skimpy bikinis.

Which brings up the subject of Italy, and Damnnnn... how I envy you for experiencing the joy of being an American proudly wearing speedos alongside all the Italian men in their skimpy little costume. Two things that every American man really ought to be proud to be able to do in Italy or else he's a dork: 1) Be able to drive a manual transmission car, and 2) wear a god damned Speedo on the beach there and not some horrid baggy swim trousers.
Underwater and Speedo loving straight guy

SoccerDan

Post by SoccerDan » Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:15 am

Thank you for the welcomes!

To answer your question diveguy, my team had around 18 guys and 7 girls. We had to wear navy blue speedos with the seal of the school on the left front side. The design of the suit was simple and it was pretty small on the sides. Some of the guys did not like that so they ended putting a navy blue square leg on top of their speedo for practice, including the coach himself. However, most of us just got used to it. From day one the coach realized many of us were facing a confidence obstacle. He spoke of how we shouldn't pay attention to this but to keep our mind focused in what really matters "training to improve, improve to win". To get us used to wearing them he came up with the idea of making us run half a mile around the track that was near the pool only wearing sneakers and speedos. The first day we did it everyone seemed skeptical, until one of the girls started running, and then a second person followed. To make it "better" the coach would invite other students from the school and family to sit in the bleachers during practice time to "give us an aundience". It worked pretty well, by the month I am almost sure none of us really felt any confidence issues.

Out of the many guys that were in my team I probably only saw around 5 or 6 that were loyal to wearing speedo at the beach or pool when hanging out casually. The other ones would still wear board shorts but they gradually started wearing shorter shorts for comfort reasons. To be honest I was in between both, sometimes I would wear short shorts and sometimes I would wear speedo. However, I never went back to wearing long board shorts again haha.

We can only hope one day we'll see swimming briefs here being as popular as they are in some other parts of the world!

swimdude
United States of America

Post by swimdude » Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:15 pm

Welcome to the group dude. From NY as well, hope you enjoy the site. btw nice avatar pic.

speedostudent

Post by speedostudent » Sat Aug 15, 2015 1:43 pm

Welcome aboard! Good to know you're still flying the speedo flag. Also it's reassuring to hear your description of the Italian beaches, I'm looking forward to visiting/living there one day and that just makes it sound even better!

Swimbrieffetish

Post by Swimbrieffetish » Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:56 am

Welcome to the group

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

rmf

Post by rmf » Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:29 am

Yep, pretty much all over Italy the majority of men wear 'slips' and it has been like that for years. I spent some time in Italy last month and to include going to the beach. I would say it was at least 80% briefs or square cuts vs. 20% shorts. Of the 20% shorts, I would say only about 3% were actual board shorts. Most of the shorts I saw were several inches above the knee and what I would consider volley ball length shorts. I saw an even a lower percentage of women in 1-piece bathing suits. At best, it was maybe 10% - or not even. It was mostly older women probably in their 60's and up. Women 50's and below all wore 2 piece bathing suits.

Side note, the majority of the men were wearing 'designer' suits. As for the sport suits, Arena outnumbered Speedo probably by 2 to 1. I'm guessing it is because Arena is HQ in Italy and pretty much has a good foothold on the Italian market.
straight, married w/ kids.

Swimbrieffetish

Post by Swimbrieffetish » Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:06 pm

Sounds like i need to vacation in Italy or places they go to

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Snowbrief
United States of America

Post by Snowbrief » Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:30 am

Well, central New York is a fortunate place to be with such a brief wearer as you, and may I say, we are the fortunate one's to have you on board!

Welcome to our ever so slight, but growing number of US of A guys who understand and appreciate the the only practical swimwear made by mankind.

Keep speedoing! Snow
Let's keep it brief.

Speedo_arena
United States of America

Post by Speedo_arena » Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:34 pm

Welcome, grew up in Syracuse, NY myself. Get back from time to time and swim laps in speedos at pools there

swimsharkau
Australia

Post by swimsharkau » Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:06 pm

diveguy wrote: You are the perfect person to ask a question I've been curious about: What is the percentage you think, of guys like you who regularly wore speedos in high school/college for competitive swimming or diving, or water polo, that would prefer to also wear them in casual/social situations such as at the beach, instead of board shorts? Except are forced to wear the long swim trousers because of societal pressures. I swear, if I had a young man's athletic muscular physique and already had gotten passed the fear of being seen in a speedo because wearing one was just a routine part of my sport, I'd be pissed off royally if I had to wear knee length trunks outside of competition. Especially when all the ragingly hot looking young women get to trade their one-pieces for skimpy bikinis.
Hi Diveguy,

Bit of a delay after your question but thought I'd throw in my experience anyway. I wore Speedos quite a bit in my high school years for swimming. Felt really uncomfortable the first few times in front of a crowd, but got used to it slowly and learnt to love the feeling. I still love them and would wear them all the time if I could but some places don't seem to be welcoming. I do still get them out a bit though. I wore them sometimes during a recent holiday in Thailand, and I've worn them on Malaysian beaches and in the Phillipines. I also went fishing one weekend with a group of mates last year, all in our 20s, who definitely don't wear speedos. It was hot and sunny and half way through the day I just decided to take my shorts off and had a pair of pretty small Quiksilver briefs on. I wore them all afternoon, and to my surprise not one of my mates batted an eyelid. The only comment I got was "so you wear speedos eh?" It felt amazing to be able to do that... I hate the feeling of swimming in boardshorts and cannot understand why people would choose to do it...

diveguy
United States of America

Post by diveguy » Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:36 am

Thanks for your insight, swimsharkau. Based on your avatar, which I've admired for a long time BTW, I must say that for anyone who looks as amazing in a small speedo as you do, it would really be a crime to wear anything but.
Underwater and Speedo loving straight guy