G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

G'day from Sluggers

If you are new - post an introduction and tell us a little about yourself.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

Sluggers
Australia

G'day from Sluggers

Post by Sluggers » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:19 pm

Hey fellas,

We only just found this site, and we thought we would register in case any of you had questions or suggestions for Sluggers Swimwear.

Looking forward to getting to know you all.

Adam
Sluggers Swimwear
sluggers.com.au

Speedoaddict
Great Britain

Re: G'day from Sluggers

Post by Speedoaddict » Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:27 pm

Hi Adam,

Like the site, it needs to show what each style looks like when modeled. I do like the look of the Deetes Cruzers MK1.
Shipping cost is very reasonable to the UK also.
The only thing that worries me is the consistency of the sizing. Had a lot of trouble with Aussiebum on this issue.
Over all very impressed, I think I will be ordering a pair.

http://sluggers.com.au/
Love speedos, running shorts, rugby shorts, Aussie rules footy shorts.

budgybloke
Australia

Post by budgybloke » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:59 am

Sweet - its great to have a manufacturer on the forum! You guys do great suits. Cut is great, graphics are cool and the material is very comfy.

For what it's worth, my only suggestion would be to design some more of the 'surf club style' plain coloured suits with colour splicing on the sides. Aussiebum has really dropped the ball on what they used to do best, and nobody is really making these style suits any more. Go get 'em boys!

Sluggers
Australia

Post by Sluggers » Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:07 am

Speedoaddict wrote:Hi Adam,

Like the site, it needs to show what each style looks like when modeled. I do like the look of the Deetes Cruzers MK1.
Shipping cost is very reasonable to the UK also.
The only thing that worries me is the consistency of the sizing. Had a lot of trouble with Aussiebum on this issue.
Over all very impressed, I think I will be ordering a pair.

http://sluggers.com.au/
Thanks man! The best place to see is on our Insta page. We try and call out the cuts where we can. Next Summer we are going to shoot each model in all three cuts so you can see how different they look on a body. :)

Sluggers
Australia

Post by Sluggers » Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:10 am

budgybloke wrote:Sweet - its great to have a manufacturer on the forum! You guys do great suits. Cut is great, graphics are cool and the material is very comfy.

For what it's worth, my only suggestion would be to design some more of the 'surf club style' plain coloured suits with colour splicing on the sides. Aussiebum has really dropped the ball on what they used to do best, and nobody is really making these style suits any more. Go get 'em boys!
Thanks mate! And yeah - believe it or not I received a sample today for a new cut we're calling "Splice". :P

It's not like those, though. Might be a good idea!

Red^^Speedo
United States of America

Post by Red^^Speedo » Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:11 am

Hi, welcome to the forum!

People like your suits; especially in Medium size. :mrgreen:

Mazda3mps
Australia

Post by Mazda3mps » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:10 pm

Hey Adam.

Excited to see what the new cuts would be like. Definitely waiting to grab a pair from your site

Sluggers
Australia

Post by Sluggers » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:53 am

Red^^Speedo wrote:Hi, welcome to the forum!

People like your suits; especially in Medium size. :mrgreen:
Yup! Small and Medium Racerbacks and Medium and Large in DEETEES and Classics. :D

diveguy
United States of America

Post by diveguy » Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:20 am

Hi and welcome! Being in the USA and never having visited Australia, I always imagined that every man there wears a speedo, but whenever I see current pictures or videos online, it's difficult to spot more than a couple men in speedos, and those are mostly middle aged. I'm talking about in everyday, casual beach situations, not during lifeguard competitions or other water based athletic events. It seems like all the guys are wearing is hideous, American style board shorts, especially the younger guys.

How strong are your sales? Is the popularity of speedos generally down, or hopefully going back up? And if I were to visit the beaches of Australia, would I stick out like a sore thumb if I wore a small, snug fitting speedo?
Underwater and Speedo loving straight guy

swimdude
United States of America

Post by swimdude » Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:30 am

Welcome to the group, hope you like the site as much as we do.

chicagoswim

Post by chicagoswim » Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:03 am

Hi Adam, thanks for joining!! I just checked out the site and the suits look nice. I always gravitate toward narrow sides because those cuts work better on my small frame. What are the side dimensions of the racerback styles? They looked smaller in some photos than the other cuts, but in other photos they looked the same. I have a 28-29" waist so I'm assuming a Small.

Any plans on designing narrow side suits, like .75-1"?? Do they have drawstrings? Sorry if I missed this info on the website!! I wouldn't be upset if you had a Speedo Forum discount for your favorite customers, lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
wearing what I want, where I want, when I want...no exceptions! ;-)

Sluggers
Australia

Post by Sluggers » Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:14 pm

diveguy wrote:Hi and welcome! Being in the USA and never having visited Australia, I always imagined that every man there wears a speedo, but whenever I see current pictures or videos online, it's difficult to spot more than a couple men in speedos, and those are mostly middle aged. I'm talking about in everyday, casual beach situations, not during lifeguard competitions or other water based athletic events. It seems like all the guys are wearing is hideous, American style board shorts, especially the younger guys.

How strong are your sales? Is the popularity of speedos generally down, or hopefully going back up? And if I were to visit the beaches of Australia, would I stick out like a sore thumb if I wore a small, snug fitting speedo?
Hey mate,

Sales are strong! Definitely increasing. Every year we have been in business our sales have doubled.

It really depends on the beach. We live in the south of Sydney in a region called "The Shire". At our local beaches it's about a 50/50 split with boardies and Sluggers style suits. Guys will wear their Sluggers on the beach and pull on shorts for the walk home or to get a coffee. Myself - I have a pretty strict 'sand' rule with my Sluggers at the beach. Having said that, I wear them to Wet n Wild with my kids and my son and I are one of very few men in Sluggers - but nobody gives us any strange looks.

We have a saying down here though - "It's a family show" - which means that a teeny tiny deny weeny bikini may not be welcome on all the beaches. But in my profile pic I am wearing a pair of ours and Cronulla beach is about as family as you can get!

:)

Sluggers
Australia

Post by Sluggers » Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:18 pm

chicagoswim wrote:Hi Adam, thanks for joining!! I just checked out the site and the suits look nice. I always gravitate toward narrow sides because those cuts work better on my small frame. What are the side dimensions of the racerback styles? They looked smaller in some photos than the other cuts, but in other photos they looked the same. I have a 28-29" waist so I'm assuming a Small.

Any plans on designing narrow side suits, like .75-1"?? Do they have drawstrings? Sorry if I missed this info on the website!! I wouldn't be upset if you had a Speedo Forum discount for your favorite customers, lol!

Hey mate,

The sides on Racers and Classics are around 5cm. These styles have no lycra, so if the man wearing them is between sizes they may stretch a bit and appear thinner. Mine clock in at about 4.5cm.

We have a drawstring and soft elastic waist.

With your size, it depends on your shape. If you have a flat bum - get Racerbacks. Rounder bum (or a bit more coverage) grab a pair of Classics. I have a big arse so I like the Classics. I am wearing our DEETEES style in my profile pic.

I think you would be an XS in our styles. Smaller waist makes for a tricky fit - as I am sure you are aware! Lots of fellas buy a couple of sizes and send back the ones that don't work.

Adam

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:57 am

Sluggers wrote:Hey fellas,

We only just found this site, and we thought we would register in case any of you had questions or suggestions for Sluggers Swimwear.

Looking forward to getting to know you all.

Adam
Sluggers Swimwear
sluggers.com.au
Thanks for posting! It's cool that you have different cuts to your suits for a variety of body types. I second Budgy's idea of classic splices.

Thanks. Take care.

Tom
Long time Speedo® lover

tanodle5
United States of America

Post by tanodle5 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:43 am

Welcome!
I just bought my first pair of sluggers a few months ago, a pair of green racerbacks. I love the fact that you have cuts designed for the physique with a flatter build.

pooablo
Canada

Post by pooablo » Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:46 pm

Hey Adam,

Could you share with me what the dimensions on the XS Racerbacks are? My go to suits are are Turbo XS water polo suits.

I am hoping the cuts are similar. The Turbo XS dimensions are as follows:

Waist 13”
Sides 2”
Front Seam 8”
Rear Seam 9”

Feel free to post the measurements in metric. Thanks for your help!

Pablo

samuraispeedo
Great Britain

Post by samuraispeedo » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:35 pm

Great suits Adam! You look amazing in your suit too. Love the models you use too. Anymore stripe pairs coming to fruition e.g blue and white stripes?

Sluggers
Australia

Post by Sluggers » Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:29 pm

samuraispeedo wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:35 pm
Great suits Adam! You look amazing in your suit too. Love the models you use too. Anymore stripe pairs coming to fruition e.g blue and white stripes?

Thanks man! I don't really like stripes, so I tend to go for the bold patterns and prints.

Sluggers
Australia

Post by Sluggers » Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:32 pm

pooablo wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:46 pm
Hey Adam,

Could you share with me what the dimensions on the XS Racerbacks are? My go to suits are are Turbo XS water polo suits.

I am hoping the cuts are similar. The Turbo XS dimensions are as follows:

Waist 13”
Sides 2”
Front Seam 8”
Rear Seam 9”

Feel free to post the measurements in metric. Thanks for your help!

Pablo
Hey mate,

The XS Racerbacks are for a size 28 waist. They have 5cm sides - so around 2 inches. We don't have a seam in the middle of our cuts. They are about 7 and a half inches high but don't quote me too strongly on that as I might throw that length around a lot without actually knowing how long it is! :P