G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Canada, west coast

If you are new - post an introduction and tell us a little about yourself.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

grammarcoast
Canada

Canada, west coast

Post by grammarcoast » Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:56 pm

Swimming off and on throughout my life. Always preferred briefs in the water, as they are so much nicer. (You all know this) and imho that is what's proper. Speedos aren't seen on the beaches and lakes and rivers around here, honestly its quite windy and cold. Kept alive by high school and college swim teams, and the occasional oldies round the leisure pool, though. Many more 'serious' swimmers rock the jammers, but... No. 20 years ago, unless you had a cameo in the lost boys, the last thing you wanted to be seen in is bike shorts and no top, and that's what that is! No thanks, briefs look better. And I am not a buff movie star type, you know. But I do alright in the Speedos. Taking up the goggles again, I am gradually phasing out the square cuts at the local pool, phasing in the briefs. Going pro I like to think of it. I like printed suits and wear them properly fitted, tight. Size 34 Speedo brand fits me well, except for a size 36 endlite witch also fits perfect, strange the vagarities swim brief sizing and cut.

Anyways, other than that long term partner and kids, mortgage. Ha. My yard is quite private in the summer and I've been tanning as oft I can while there is Sun. She is fine with it. She giggles and pats my bum. So we are happy as far as the partners acceptance issue goes. She doesn't swim though.

Lurked here for awhile. The only active discussion of its sort on the net. You'll probably hear more from me in other posts, but if you're curious about any of the above, I'd totally be encouraged if you asked me right here. Cheers.

SEASPEEDO
United States of America

Re: Canada, west coast

Post by SEASPEEDO » Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:02 am

Welcome!

Scottiebum
Great Britain

Post by Scottiebum » Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:48 pm

Hi, welcome!
Good to read your intro. I visited Vancouver and Victoria many years ago and loved the area.
Look forward to your contributions to the forum.
Straight
Scottish
Speedo

PNWGuy

Post by PNWGuy » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:00 pm

Welcome, grammarcoast. Where on the Canadian southwest coast are you?

grammarcoast
Canada

Post by grammarcoast » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:05 am

Vancouver island, south.

electric2010
United States of America

Post by electric2010 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:44 am

welcome to the group.

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:06 am

Welcome! Visited Victoria when I was in school in Oregon.
Long time Speedo® lover

Speedo Rocker
United States of America

Post by Speedo Rocker » Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:37 am

Welcome to the group! I hear you with your story, people can be mean and not accepting. I wore bike shorts back in 97 for the first time in my life as a grown up, did some riding and found out it was cool with my friends that didn't. And one of my cousins gf at the time loved them and pinched my butt multiple times, from there, I had no problems with biking shorts. Speedo wear I did back when I was a kid till 6 or 7. Then it was hard for my patents to take us to the beach or vaca. So I didn't stay in them and didn't get back in one till a few years ago, and now have more courage to be out in some public places. Enjoy the sight great people here!

diveguy
United States of America

Post by diveguy » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:25 am

Hi grammercoast, and welcome aboard! I remember seeing a few guys in speedos when I visited the beach in Vancouver back in 1980, but sadly, I'm not surprised you don't see them there anymore. Same as everywhere else.
Underwater and Speedo loving straight guy

Speedoaddict
Great Britain

Post by Speedoaddict » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:40 pm

Hi grammercoast,
Welcome to the cult. Lol.
Love speedos, running shorts, rugby shorts, Aussie rules footy shorts.

grammarcoast
Canada

Post by grammarcoast » Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:04 pm

Thanks for the replies! Still have to get a proper avatar up, may take a while.

Thom-we have some great pool facilities in victoria, commonwealth is one of the best I've been in, but the competition pool there is often reserved for meets.

Rocker-your cousins old gf sure sounds friendly, I could live with that kind of encouragement

Diveguy-you won't see them on the beach often, but in the pool they are common enough. I just got back from the mainland and there were a half dozen other guys, at least, wearing briefs when I hit the pool in Vancouver. In Victoria it is almost standard attire for the local and collage swim clubs. Just sporting speedos out of doors you will stand out in these parts.

scottishSpeedo
Great Britain

Post by scottishSpeedo » Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:21 pm

Welcome
I spent some time in both Southern Alberta (not my scene at all....) and Southern Ontario, better but still not overly speedo friendly.