G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Hi from the Pacific Northwest!

If you are new - post an introduction and tell us a little about yourself.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

SpeedoDad78
United States of America

Hi from the Pacific Northwest!

Post by SpeedoDad78 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:35 pm

I live outside of Seattle with my wife, our 14 year old son, and 16 year old daughter. After more than 20 years of being a swim trunks guy, I recently returned to wearing speedo style suits and couldn't be enjoying it more. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

We spent last Thanksgiving at my parents' house. My kids found some old photo albums and decided to flip through them one afternoon. They were surprised by how many pictures there were of their dad in a "bikini" and found it quite amusing. My mom (their grandma) explained that she'd always bought me those "cute little bikinis" until I'd decided to stop wearing them when I was about my son's age.

They teased me a little. My mom always enjoys looking at the old albums and helped them find all our vacation photos. Eventually they reached the point in the albums where I'd switched to shorts and my kids started to lose interest. My older sister who'd come in to see what all the laughter was about reminded my mom that I'd worn one on the trip we'd taken to Spain after my graduation from high school.

My mom dug through the albums until she found the right one. Sure enough, there I was in a brief style suit. I'd forgotten that I'd bought one there to wear at the beach. My kids took the album and looked through the photos. Then they started laughing hysterically. I asked what was so funny, but they were laughing too hard to respond, so I went over to see for myself.

While we'd been in Spain, my mom had convinced us to go to a nude beach. I'd forgotten, and apparently my sister had too, that my mom had taken a bunch of pictures on that beach. By the looks of it, the better part of a roll. There we were in all our nude glory. Their hysterics had attracted the rest of the family, who now started looking through the photos while my mom told them about the beach.

Finally the laughter stopped and everyone dispersed. There were a couple more teasing comments while we were there, but it seemed to be forgotten after we got back home.

Christmas arrived. We gathered around the tree to open presents in the late morning. I opened a gift from my wife. It was a little box, with a Tyr logo on the front. I wasn't sure what it was, so I opened the box and pulled out the contents. It was a speedo style suit. The kids found this to be very funny. My wife encouraged me to try it on, so I finally did. I indulged them modeling the suit in the living room. She said I should wear it on our post Christmas trip, though I wasn't sure I would at the time.

So that was the beginning of my return to speedos.

losingandbuilding
United States of America

Re: Hi from the Pacific Northwest!

Post by losingandbuilding » Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:58 pm

Awesome, man! So glad you've found your way back, lol. Welcome to the forum, glad to have you here!
Just a straight guy who likes speedos...

Scottiebum
Great Britain

Post by Scottiebum » Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:20 pm

Hi, welcome, good story, glad you are back to speedos!
Straight
Scottish
Speedo

PNWGuy

Post by PNWGuy » Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:55 pm

Welcome to the forum, SpeedoDad78. I'm just up the road from you in Bellingham. I never stopped wearing brief swimsuits, although I didn't get my first one until I was in college.

Nate
Wales

Post by Nate » Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:21 pm

Great story, welcome to the boards.

...:::sam:::...
Australia

Post by ...:::sam:::... » Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:01 pm

How good is that! What a laugh

paspeedo
United States of America

Post by paspeedo » Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:32 pm

Welcome!!

Great story!

Bullseye
United States of America

Post by Bullseye » Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:21 pm

Hey Speedodad! That story should be made into a scene in some movie. You are a great storyteller. The closest I get to my wife buying me briefs is the Christmas underwear she buys me every year (not sure how that tradition go started). I always threaten to model it for them, but my daughters beg me not to!

MISpeedo
United States of America

Post by MISpeedo » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:40 am

Excellent story and sounds like you have a great family from reading this and a more recent post from you. You're lucky to have such a supportive family. Welcome to the board!

SpeedoDad78
United States of America

Post by SpeedoDad78 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:22 pm

It's hard to believe it was just a year ago that my kids found pictures of me wearing a speedo in some of our old family albums and started my journey back to wearing them.

My mom is technology averse, so we brought her a bunch of printed photos when we visited for Thanksgiving this year. As I went through them, I couldn't help but notice how many of our favorite memories from the year involved wearing speedos.

Her community just finished building a pool and spa. We went on Friday after Thanksgiving. It was quiet with everyone out shopping. Of course, I wore my speedo (as did my son).

A few of the retired women at the pool were very complementary. :lol:

Speedoaddict
Great Britain

Post by Speedoaddict » Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:52 am

Fantastic story. To stop you son laughing get him one and you for Xmas, father and son matching speedos. I bet his face would be a picture. Lol.
Nice to hear from you and look forward to hearing more from you in the very near future.
Love speedos, running shorts, rugby shorts, Aussie rules footy shorts.

SEASPEEDO
United States of America

Post by SEASPEEDO » Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:47 am

Welcome SpeedoDad78, great story and glad to hear the follow up.

Baltspeed
Latvia

Post by Baltspeed » Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:15 pm

Hi!
What a great story! I think there's a lot of similar old stories round the world. But regrettably only a few guys are encouraged enough to return to speedos.

blueflinch
Australia

Post by blueflinch » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:55 am

Wow. I'm jealous of anyone who gets speedos for Christmas! :mrgreen:

MrMusik
United States of America

Post by MrMusik » Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:44 am

Welcome back to the speedo wearing fold, SpeedoDad78!

It is pretty awesome that your wife thought it would be fun to get you a new speedo last Christmas, and even better that you went ahead and took up wearing it.

Also, having read some of the stuff you have posted, I think it is great that you are encouraging your kids to be positive regarding their bodies. That is just missing so much in society these days. I'm glad your son took up wearing speedos, too. I'm sure he was influenced by the positive attitude of you, his father. Also, being open with nudity in your household is a great thing. The fact that you, your wife, and your kids can all hang out naked in the hot tub together says a lot about the great role models you and your wife are.

In short, I think it sounds like you are doing great! I'm glad you are here, and I hope you keep posting about your family's experiences.

Sam
United States of America

Post by Sam » Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:40 am

So glad that you are still wearing Speedos, dude, along with your son!
Is it safe to say that the retired women at the pool and your wife wear one-pieces?

SpeedoDad78
United States of America

Post by SpeedoDad78 » Fri Dec 27, 2019 5:40 pm

Happy holidays, everyone! 🎅

It's been a while, but I thought I should check in for my 2 year speedo-versary. Things took a turn for the nude as summer started, but my son and I are still wearing speedos whenever clothing is required. 🩲

Here's to another year of swimming in briefs (or less).

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:10 am

SpeedoDad78 wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 5:40 pm

It's been a while, but I thought I should check in for my 2 year speedo-versary. Things took a turn for the nude as summer started, but my son and I are still wearing speedos whenever clothing is required. 🩲

Thanks for posting. In brief :lol: , have a good New Year!!
Long time Speedo® lover

Solar73
United States of America

Post by Solar73 » Sun Dec 29, 2019 5:48 pm

SpeedoDad78 wrote:

Welcome back! A belated Merry Christmas to you, Great to hear from you again. Thanks to you and a few other on this board and elsewhere not only has it be a Speedo only year but I’ve even finally worn my Desmiit thong in public too. Wishing you and the fam a Speedo perfect 2020 and enjoy those au natural days too!

SpeedoDad78
United States of America

Post by SpeedoDad78 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:52 am

Solar73 wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 5:48 pm
SpeedoDad78 wrote:

Welcome back! A belated Merry Christmas to you, Great to hear from you again. Thanks to you and a few other on this board and elsewhere not only has it be a Speedo only year but I’ve even finally worn my Desmiit thong in public too. Wishing you and the fam a Speedo perfect 2020 and enjoy those au natural days too!
That's awesome! My daughter got me a thong for Christmas, but I don't think I could get a way with wearing it to the gym pool.