G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Introducing myself

If you are new - post an introduction and tell us a little about yourself.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

losingandbuilding
United States of America

Re: Introducing myself

Post by losingandbuilding » Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:41 pm

Welcome man! Always good to see fellow Pennsylvanians here.
Just a straight guy who likes speedos...

Speedoaddict
Great Britain

Post by Speedoaddict » Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:28 pm

NJFrenchy wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:22 pm
I’m a 36 year old born and raised in New York City, though I live outside of Philadelphia. I went to college in France (my father is French) and started wearing speedo style swimsuits there. I’m a high school French and Spanish teacher as well as a part time musician. I’m straight, been married and divorced, however I still have a great deal of appreciation for the male body just not in a sexual way.
Hi there, nice to hear from a new member. Welcome!
Love speedos, running shorts, rugby shorts, Aussie rules footy shorts.

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:57 am

NJFrenchy wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:16 pm
Thanks @SEASPEEDO, Thom, and paspeedo. I should add that my job description has changed. I’m no longer teaching high school, just started teaching college French Lit. In the big leagues now :lol: .
Congratulations! I took French from 8th grade through third year college level (it was a requirement to graduate back then!). But I never studied or lived in France. That makes a big difference. My college didn't have a program there. They now have one in Belgium.
Long time Speedo® lover

NJFrenchy
France

Post by NJFrenchy » Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:26 pm

Thom wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:57 am
NJFrenchy wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:16 pm
Thanks @SEASPEEDO, Thom, and paspeedo. I should add that my job description has changed. I’m no longer teaching high school, just started teaching college French Lit. In the big leagues now :lol: .
Congratulations! I took French from 8th grade through third year college level (it was a requirement to graduate back then!). But I never studied or lived in France. That makes a big difference. My college didn't have a program there. They now have one in Belgium.
Thanks! I think at least one foreign language should be required to graduate. My parents are French and Swiss, so it made sense to go to college in France since it was free (sorry, I know that a sensitive subject in the USA :shock:). Just got back from a conference in Belgium last week. Immersion is definitely the best way to learn, and Belgian French
Isn’t strange like Quebec French is.
Buttoned up college professor by day, happy freak at heart! There will be nudity. I’m French and American. Sometimes the flag is one country’s, sometimes the other’s.. Oh!

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:22 pm

NJFrenchy wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:26 pm
[Thanks! I think at least one foreign language should be required to graduate. My parents are French and Swiss, so it made sense to go to college in France since it was free (sorry, I know that a sensitive subject in the USA :shock:). Just got back from a conference in Belgium last week. Immersion is definitely the best way to learn, and Belgian French Isn’t strange like Quebec French is.
I practiced my accent quite a bit in college in the language lab. (I doubt if they have those any more. little booths to practice and a control room with racks of tape recorders). The tape set I used had the accent prevalent in Northern France. Funny, I was looking at travel books at the library today, dreaming of visiting Nice and Provence. I was there with my family when I was a teenager...a rather long time ago. On Bastille Day, we watched the fireworks from the Promende des Anglais in Nice. <sigh>
Long time Speedo® lover

NJFrenchy
France

Post by NJFrenchy » Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:34 pm

Thom wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:22 pm
NJFrenchy wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:26 pm
[Thanks! I think at least one foreign language should be required to graduate. My parents are French and Swiss, so it made sense to go to college in France since it was free (sorry, I know that a sensitive subject in the USA :shock:). Just got back from a conference in Belgium last week. Immersion is definitely the best way to learn, and Belgian French Isn’t strange like Quebec French is.
I practiced my accent quite a bit in college in the language lab. (I doubt if they have those any more. little booths to practice and a control room with racks of tape recorders). The tape set I used had the accent prevalent in Northern France. Funny, I was looking at travel books at the library today, dreaming of visiting Nice and Provence. I was there with my family when I was a teenager...a rather long time ago. On Bastille Day, we watched the fireworks from the Promende des Anglais in Nice. <sigh>
The college I teach at has a language lab, but students don’t usually learn accents unfortunately. It’s mainly used now for vocabulary, grammar, pronunciation. Because I grew up in New York I spoke Parisian French, because that was the only accent that was taught at the Lycée Française. My father’s family comes from Narbonne, way in the south just an hour from the Spanish border. He actually grew up speaking Catalan at home. I love the south, Provence, Langedoc-Roussilon, Nice, Marseille etc.
Buttoned up college professor by day, happy freak at heart! There will be nudity. I’m French and American. Sometimes the flag is one country’s, sometimes the other’s.. Oh!

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:22 am

NJFrenchy wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:34 pm

The college I teach at has a language lab, but students don’t usually learn accents unfortunately. It’s mainly used now for vocabulary, grammar, pronunciation. Because I grew up in New York I spoke Parisian French, because that was the only accent that was taught at the Lycée Française. My father’s family comes from Narbonne, way in the south just an hour from the Spanish border. He actually grew up speaking Catalan at home. I love the south, Provence, Langedoc-Roussilon, Nice, Marseille etc.
Surprising that students don't learn accents. They must speak French with an American accent.

Best,

Tom
Long time Speedo® lover

NJFrenchy
France

Post by NJFrenchy » Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:47 pm

Thom wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:22 am
Surprising that students don't learn accents. They must speak French with an American accent.

Best,

Tom
Well they do try their best to emulate the Parisian accent, which is supposed to be the preferred standard. But only the ones that are really good mimics can pull it off and lose the American accent completely. I also try to teach them slang that people their ages often use. In addition I try to be a bad influence, and speak with my regional accent.

Speedoaddict
Great Britain

Post by Speedoaddict » Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:57 pm

My 2 cousins can talk fluent french and a bit of Russian.
Their mom was from Paris and their grand father was Russian.
I have enough trouble with English. Lol.
Love speedos, running shorts, rugby shorts, Aussie rules footy shorts.

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:11 pm

NJFrenchy wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:47 pm
Thom wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:22 am

Best,

Tom
Well they do try their best to emulate the Parisian accent, which is supposed to be the preferred standard. But only the ones that are really good mimics can pull it off and lose the American accent completely. I also try to teach them slang that people their ages often use. In addition I try to be a bad influence, and speak with my regional accent.
NJ,

Wow. My teachers were so formal. The only time we used Tu was in verb conjugations. I understand now that in more modern French they drop the "ne" in front of the verb and just use the "pas" afterward. I found a book at the library that's supposed to have more modern syntax. I left the reference at the office. I'll post it later.
Long time Speedo® lover

NJFrenchy
France

Post by NJFrenchy » Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:50 pm

Speech is still very formal in a lot of cases. It does seem strange to not use tu in spoken language. This is the form of address that’s usually preferred, unless you’re speaking to someone who’s very old or your boss etc. Since I’m a French lit. teacher my students already speak pretty well. I love to watch their eyes cross when I teach them verlan reverse slang, femme=meuf, fête=teuf, mec=keum...