G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

G'day from North Carolina

If you are new - post an introduction and tell us a little about yourself.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

yamamay
United States of America

G'day from North Carolina

Post by yamamay » Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:05 am

G'day, gents.

Nudist here, and like to wear as little as possible *especially* in the water. However, opportunities to skinny dip are few and far between. Thongs are the next best thing but again there are only so many places you can really wear them and if I'm being honest sometimes they don't look so hot on dudes.

Enter the Speedo: legit swimwear that will pass muster at almost any beach, pool, or gym anywhere in the world.

Here in the US, it's fairly rare to see a speedo at a public beach or pool. Occasionally you'll see some older fitness guru doing yoga on a beach in a speedo, or some gay guys at South Beach. But even when I go to the lap pool at off-hours, it's usually jammers on the "serious" swimmers. So it can be a lonely enterprise. However, that also means it remains a little bit exciting to wear them. I don't like to look like I'm pushing the envelope, I don't like the attention. But wearing a speedo at the pool or beach lets me feel confident in showing off a little in a way that isn't likely to get called out.

As you know, it can daunting to wear small suits in part because people have treated them as a joke for so long. Maybe not in Europe or Australia as much. In the US, though, a guy in a speedo or thong is often a punchline. So my journey started by seeing if I could stay on the other side of that line, but still dispense with the uncomfortable board shorts. What initially took my fancy was the sunga, a style worn by Brazilian men. I looked at pics of them and thought they were pretty flattering to the physique. They seemed more relaxed than the tight, all-business Speedo-brand speedos and because they have no front seam the package sits very naturally in them. I looked around and eventually ordered some from overseas. I started wearing my sunga to the beach. I wore it with my girlfriend at the time who didn't mind (though she said she could see my dick through it - it was just vpl, really). I felt this was a solid win.

By this time James Bond was already wearing squarecuts, so that also seemed like a viable, masculine option. I had the good fortune to be in Rome, and I stopped into a swimwear shop. I hoped the Europeans were more open minded on this topic than the Americans and maybe I'd find some swimwear that wasn't shorts. I was in luck. I liked the Yamamay suits I tried so much I bought two - one a boxer-style set of blue trunks, and the other my first speedo. In white. Because you may as well go all the way. The next day I went to beach in Italy and I wore my white brief. It was well-made and so not see-through, but still light and showed just a hint of cheek. To this day that's the best speedo I own and I still wear it.

Anyway I have more to say but this is getting long so hello, thanks for reading, and happy swimming.

Scottiebum
Great Britain

Re: G'day from North Carolina

Post by Scottiebum » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:45 pm

Welcome, feel free to continue when you have time, and pics are always welcome too!
Straight
Scottish
Speedo

yamamay
United States of America

Post by yamamay » Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:06 pm

Uploaded a pic and it's pretty unforgiving. I really do need to lose that 20 pounds or so. Still, there's that white speedo I like so much.

Red^^Speedo
United States of America

Post by Red^^Speedo » Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:07 am

Welcome to the group.

Yes, Jame Bond wore square cuts. So did Mike Nelson on Sea hunt.

You look good in your white ones.

I need to dig out my old classic White Speedos.

Speedoaddict
Great Britain

Post by Speedoaddict » Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:43 am

Welcome to the forum, looking forward to hearing more from you.
Everyone is great on here. I have made some good friends on here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Love speedos, running shorts, rugby shorts, Aussie rules footy shorts.

blueflinch
Australia

Post by blueflinch » Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:06 am

Welcome mate! I reckon those white speedos makes your bulge stands out rather well - I like! :P

Speedo1986
United States of America

Post by Speedo1986 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:02 am

Welcome to the forum.

VAspeedo
United States of America

Post by VAspeedo » Thu May 02, 2019 1:40 pm

Where in NC?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

SpeedoQuest
United States of America

Post by SpeedoQuest » Thu May 02, 2019 7:00 pm

Welcome. I am also new to the forum but do prefer to be nude as much as possible. Since I cannot run around naked all the time I wear the smallest swimwear I can get away with and still be respectable in public. I look forward to chatting more soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

paspeedo
United States of America

Post by paspeedo » Thu May 02, 2019 9:51 pm

If you guys like being nude..come up to Gunnison beach in sandy hook NJ!

yamamay
United States of America

Post by yamamay » Fri May 03, 2019 6:44 am

VA - Raleigh/Durham.

Love Gunnison! Been there only once if memory serves, had a great time. It's a long way from me, though.

diveguy
United States of America

Post by diveguy » Tue May 07, 2019 12:12 am

Welcome to our group, yamamay, and thanks for sharing your story! I love reading how my fellow speedo lovers first recognized their fondness for speedos and how they eventually came to buying and wearing one or more of their own. I envy your visit to a swimsuit shop in Italy, and more than that, wearing your purchase on a beach there! One of my bucket list items!
Underwater and Speedo loving straight guy

SEASPEEDO
United States of America

Post by SEASPEEDO » Wed May 08, 2019 6:26 am

Welcome! I'll have to check out those Italian suits, sounds interesting!

81mardel
United States of America

Post by 81mardel » Mon May 13, 2019 4:58 pm

Welcome aboard!