G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

nj_bob from Westchester County NY

If you are new - post an introduction and tell us a little about yourself.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

nj_bob
United States of America

nj_bob from Westchester County NY

Post by nj_bob » Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:14 am

I am a 71 yo male who loves going to the beach wearing speedos. I remember going to a local pool around the age of four with my mother. I wore a brief swimsuit. When I was eight years old, I learned how to swim in a public outdoor pool. The swim classes were five days a week for six weeks. All of the boys wore speedo type suits, along with the swim instructors. Likewise, during the summers, we would take the train to the Jersey Shore and go to the beach and boardwalk; again, wearing speedo type suits.

When I was in college, I went to the beach weekly with friends. During that time, I wore swim trunks or board shorts. That was the only time I wore board shorts to the beach. A few years afterwards, when I began my job, I joined a local recreational club. I used to get my exercise by swimming. Wearing swim trunks to swim was not comfortable, so I purchase a pair of nylon briefs that I wore for the next few years. It was around that time that I purchased my first suit made by speedo; I then always did my laps wearing it. Likewise, on the beach, I wore a speedo. Several years ago, speedo actually sold thongs. I purchased two for myself and wore them on a local beach; I developed a nice thong tanline that summer. I wish they still sold thongs.

As the years went on, I purchased other speedos of various styles such as solar brief, the one brief, and most recently jammers. I am looking forward to another beach season and I recently purchased two speedos that were on sale.
speedo_fr1_16nov20.jpg
My blue speedo.
speedo_fr1_16nov20.jpg (51.93 KiB) Viewed 3530 times
red_speedo_full.jpg
Red speedo, after a day at the beach
red_speedo_full.jpg (41.28 KiB) Viewed 3530 times

wetman1961
Great Britain

Re: nj_bob from Westchester County NY

Post by wetman1961 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:25 am

Hello nj_bob, welcome to the forum, it's good to read about your Speedo history. I too am a lifetime Speedo wearer, I'm not quite as old as you but I still intend to be wearing them when I get to your age!
Every man should own a Little Black Speedo :P

nj_bob
United States of America

Post by nj_bob » Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:33 am

Hi Wetman, thanks for your welcome and your comment. Where I live, most men on the beach wear board shorts. I have never been comfortable wearing them on the beach and especially when swimming, but wearing speedos is fine for me. I'll be 72 this July during speedo/beach season. Perhaps I'll celebrate it by going to the beach and wearing a speedo, of course.

Speedomartin
Great Britain

Post by Speedomartin » Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:15 pm

nj_bob wrote:I am a 71 yo male who loves going to the beach wearing speedos. I remember going to a local pool around the age of four with my mother. I wore a brief swimsuit. When I was eight years old, I learned how to swim in a public outdoor pool. The swim classes were five days a week for six weeks. All of the boys wore speedo type suits, along with the swim instructors. Likewise, during the summers, we would take the train to the Jersey Shore and go to the beach and boardwalk; again, wearing speedo type suits.

When I was in college, I went to the beach weekly with friends. During that time, I wore swim trunks or board shorts. That was the only time I wore board shorts to the beach. A few years afterwards, when I began my job, I joined a local recreational club. I used to get my exercise by swimming. Wearing swim trunks to swim was not comfortable, so I purchase a pair of nylon briefs that I wore for the next few years. It was around that time that I purchased my first suit made by speedo; I then always did my laps wearing it. Likewise, on the beach, I wore a speedo. Several years ago, speedo actually sold thongs. I purchased two for myself and wore them on a local beach; I developed a nice thong tanline that summer. I wish they still sold thongs.

As the years went on, I purchased other speedos of various styles such as solar brief, the one brief, and most recently jammers. I am looking forward to another beach season and I recently purchased two speedos that were on sale.
speedo_fr1_16nov20.jpg
red_speedo_full.jpg
Welcome nj_bob; I hope you enjoy the forum? Wow you look good in speedos. Thanks for sharing you story and pictures and hope to see more?. My favourite colour speedo are red ones and the really tight ones lol.

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

Speedoaddict
Great Britain

Post by Speedoaddict » Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:55 am

nj_bob wrote:I am a 71 yo male who loves going to the beach wearing speedos. I remember going to a local pool around the age of four with my mother. I wore a brief swimsuit. When I was eight years old, I learned how to swim in a public outdoor pool. The swim classes were five days a week for six weeks. All of the boys wore speedo type suits, along with the swim instructors. Likewise, during the summers, we would take the train to the Jersey Shore and go to the beach and boardwalk; again, wearing speedo type suits.

speedo_fr1_16nov20.jpg
red_speedo_full.jpg
Welcome nj_bob,

I hope to keep on enjoying Speedos as I age. You are a beacon to us all. Keep up the great work and enjoying your Speedos.

Your pictures look awesome, thanks for posting them.

Hope you enjoy the forum and make plenty of friends.

Please stay safe and keep yourself well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Love speedos, running shorts, rugby shorts, Aussie rules footy shorts.

nj_bob
United States of America

Post by nj_bob » Sat Jan 30, 2021 7:49 am

Hi Tapatalk,
Thanks for the comment about myself wearing speedos. I have never been called a "beacon"; I appreciate it. I just ordered two new speedos from the speedo website. I expect that they will arrive within a few days. I'll try them on, take pictures, post them, and plan to wear them on the beach this summer.
NJ_BOB

mikesk40

Post by mikesk40 » Thu Jul 01, 2021 9:17 am

very nice

aznspeedoboy
United States of America

Post by aznspeedoboy » Thu Jul 01, 2021 10:27 am

Thanks for sharing!
20-something year old asian boy who loves speedos. 8)