G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Hello from Kansas

If you are new - post an introduction and tell us a little about yourself.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

esl
United States of America

Hello from Kansas

Post by esl » Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:44 am

Hello,
I now live in rural eastern Kansas south of the Kansas City area. I grew up in Phoenix, Arizona back in the 70’s early 80’s. Back then brief type swimwear was fairly common – not that every young guy wore them but it seemed close to half did and those that did not, wore fairly short trunks. I don’t remember ever seeing guys swimming in board shorts. I was also on the swim team in high school.

In the hot Phoenix summers, I wore speedos most days as did most of my friends. It was normal for me to hop on my bike in my suit with a towel draped over my shoulder and ride down to a friend’s house, go swimming then hang around, watch some TV, etc., then get back in the pool; no need for us to change out of our suits(they dried so quickly in those temps). No adult ever told us to put on more clothes or wear a different type of swim suit. In the summer, even when not swimming, I tended to wear my speedos hanging around the house. We had a small patch of lawn in our back yard and it was not uncommon for me to mow the lawn, do other yard work (both front and backyard) and wash the cars wearing my speedos. It was less common for adult men to wear speedo but I remember our neighbor next door wearing them to do yard work too.

I have never felt out of place wearing speedos where ever I have traveled or lived. As a child we used to do a lot a foreign travel. My parents had many friends living overseas as my dad had been stationed overseas in the military and my mom worked for the State Dept. i.e. Foreign Office, plus we had relatives living in Germany. As an adult I have lived in several other countries for a several years; Germany and Japan and for three months on Guam. I have never stopped wearing brief style suits for swimming.

My current collection is about a dozen suits. I have several Speedos, one Nike, one Tyr(nylon), three from Agon(which I have had for about 20 years) and as of Christmas, two pairs of Budgy Smugglers.
Yesterday it was snowing here with temps around an uncommon sub 0° for this area. I can’t wait for spring and summer - I will be out in my speedos, mowing my lawn, working in my garden and grilling.

Speedoaddict
Great Britain

Re: Hello from Kansas

Post by Speedoaddict » Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:21 am

Welcome esl,

Nice to hear from a new member.

Love the back story to your Speedos, it sounds an idyllic childhood. Especially wearing them when going round to your friends and just relaxing there in them. It sounds like Australia as it is at the moment. I enjoyed reading your bio. THANK-YOU!

I was born in 1971 and I remember wearing really short shorts and the occasional speedo. My mom was a bit of a prude when it came to Speedos.

Why did you move from Arizona to Kansas City? I would love to live somewhere warm all year round. I would happily live in a speedo and a pair of shorts. I am so jealous of you and your travelling.

Please post some pics of your trunks, I bet they look fantastic.

Anyway, welcome to the family and I will look forward to future posts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Love speedos, running shorts, rugby shorts, Aussie rules footy shorts.

Speedomartin
Great Britain

Post by Speedomartin » Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:49 pm

esl ; Welcome to the forum . Nice background story pity you did not include some picture? Hopefully you will post some soon?
I have included a couple of my pictures and I'm an old fella , so come on get posting ImageImage

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

Soccerkitspeedoboy
Great Britain

Post by Soccerkitspeedoboy » Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:37 pm

Hello from good old England xx
Attachments
37A3558A-A7B0-40AB-85FD-0EE8F907AD06.jpeg
37A3558A-A7B0-40AB-85FD-0EE8F907AD06.jpeg (154.16 KiB) Viewed 3777 times

MrMusik
United States of America

Post by MrMusik » Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:21 pm

Welcome to the Speedo Family, esl!

I'm a bit south of you in Mississippi and I love sporting my swim briefs, thongs, and g-strings all the time!

Glad you found us here, we all look forward to you posting in the various forums. Be sure to look back through the forums, too. We have all posted quite a bit in them and it can be great fun to go back through them and look at what is there.

Obe1
United States of America

Post by Obe1 » Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:23 am

ESL, a big howdy from Tex. I wasn’t a swimmer until late in life. I was injured from a drunk driver and major surgery. I learned to swim for rehabilitation. So I came to actual speedos late in life in 2001.

Funny thing, I watch older tv shows from time to time. I am recovery yet a another time for major surgery. I see Magnum PI I see a few Speedos in the beach shots, and of corse Thomas Magnum “Tom Selleck” wearing actual “gym shorts from my yearly day” shorts.

Welcome to the party pal!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

esl
United States of America

Post by esl » Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:13 am

Speedoaddict wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:21 am

Why did you move from Arizona to Kansas City? I would love to live somewhere warm all year round. I would happily live in a speedo and a pair of shorts. I am so jealous of you and your travelling.

I did not move directly from Phoenix to Kansas. After university I got a job in California. Lived for a few years in Los Angeles, then the Silicon Valley, then in Sacramento for over 20 years. Was given the opportunity to work in Japan and lived there for three years including three months temporary duty in Guam. I returned to Northern California but did not want to retire in California. Got a great deal on some land in Kansas; the cost of living here is cheaper.

As requested here is a photo of me in one of my Budgy Smugglers I got at Christmas.
Attachments
Tropic Thunders front.png
Tropic Thunders front.png (382.71 KiB) Viewed 3734 times

Speedomartin
Great Britain

Post by Speedomartin » Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:58 am

esl ; Really good picture and looking good

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

Speedoaddict
Great Britain

Post by Speedoaddict » Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:42 pm

esl wrote:
Speedoaddict wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:21 am

I did not move directly from Phoenix to Kansas. After university I got a job in California. Lived for a few years in Los Angeles, then the Silicon Valley, then in Sacramento for over 20 years. Was given the opportunity to work in Japan and lived there for three years including three months temporary duty in Guam. I returned to Northern California but did not want to retire in California. Got a great deal on some land in Kansas; the cost of living here is cheaper.

As requested here is a photo of me in one of my Budgy Smugglers I got at Christmas.
You look fab in those, I do like a pair of Budgy smugglers. I love the design on those, I keep meaning to order those but always end up ordering something else from them. Thanks for posting that pic.

Love speedos, running shorts, rugby shorts, Aussie rules footy shorts.