G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Hi from the Netherlands!

If you are new - post an introduction and tell us a little about yourself.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

twink99
Netherlands

Hi from the Netherlands!

Post by twink99 » Sat Feb 05, 2022 7:03 pm

I'm new here, nice that there is forum dedicated to this subject!

I have always worn swim boxers as a child, then when puberty hit and wasn't in the greatest shape I tried board shorts, but I hated them (does anyone really like them for swimming and tanning?? :shock: ), a few years later I decided to finally wear an Arena swim brief. I was wearing a small swim short that covers half of the upper legs while laying in the sun, and I just decided to take them off and only wear the swim brief I was wearing underneath them, my mother was a bit bemused but said nothing. A very freeing experience ultimately.

Now I have a whole collection of swim briefs. I also like how they look on me and other guys. But even here in Europe you don't see it that often any more on young men and guys in puberty. Saw it just a few times in France and Italy.

I still walk to the beach and pool with those short swim shorts and then take them off, should I just pack only a swim brief next time instead of both? Still need a little more courage for that. 8)
Last edited by twink99 on Sun Feb 06, 2022 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Board shorts are for sissies

Speedomartin
Great Britain

Re: Hi from the Netherlands!

Post by Speedomartin » Sat Feb 05, 2022 8:46 pm

Welcome twink99 ; I hope you enjoy the forum. My favourite swimwear is Arena but just the skin tight ones. Lots of guys from around the world in this group, ages and body shape. Why not post a couple of pictures?

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

twink99
Netherlands

Post by twink99 » Sat Feb 05, 2022 8:54 pm

Thank you! I will post some pictures later. :)

Scottiebum
Great Britain

Post by Scottiebum » Sun Feb 06, 2022 1:16 am

Hi there, I think it is time for speedos only! However a pair of short shorts is handy as there are a few times it is appropriate to wear them over your speedos.
Straight
Scottish
Speedo

Idaho
United States of America

Post by Idaho » Sun Feb 06, 2022 12:31 pm

Scottiebum wrote:
Sun Feb 06, 2022 1:16 am
Hi there, I think it is time for speedos only! However a pair of short shorts is handy as there are a few times it is appropriate to wear them over your speedos.
Absolutely agree with this, There's times when shorts are more appropriate, but when walking the beach, sunbathing, and obviously swimming then the briefs are the way to go. When opting for shorts should definitely try for something a bit shorter as well like a 5" inseam (I believe that's around 12.5-13 cm) edit: or shorter.
Last edited by Idaho on Sun Feb 06, 2022 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Scottiebum
Great Britain

Post by Scottiebum » Sun Feb 06, 2022 1:40 pm

Idaho wrote:
Sun Feb 06, 2022 12:31 pm
Scottiebum wrote:
Absolutely agree with this, There's times when shorts are more appropriate, but when walking the beach, sunbathing, and obviously swimming then the briefs are the way to go. When opting for shorts should definitely try for something a bit shorter as well like a 5" inseam (I believe that's around 12.5-13 cm).
Is 2" inseam too short? I only wear these at the beach or on holiday going to the pool etc
Attachments
SAM_2312.png
SAM_2312.png (991.11 KiB) Viewed 4755 times
Straight
Scottish
Speedo

Idaho
United States of America

Post by Idaho » Sun Feb 06, 2022 2:09 pm

Scottiebum wrote:
Sun Feb 06, 2022 1:40 pm
Is 2" inseam too short? I only wear these at the beach or on holiday going to the pool etc
I use 5" as a maximum, people in the states talk about 5" shorts as if they're short shorts, when I think that's the longest that looks good on most people. Shorter is better.

Scottiebum
Great Britain

Post by Scottiebum » Sun Feb 06, 2022 3:15 pm

Idaho wrote:
Sun Feb 06, 2022 2:09 pm
Scottiebum wrote:
Sun Feb 06, 2022 1:40 pm
I use 5" as a maximum, people in the states talk about 5" shorts as if they're short shorts, when I think that's the longest that looks good on most people. Shorter is better.
I have noticed that sports short are definitely getting shorter in the UK
Straight
Scottish
Speedo

twink99
Netherlands

Post by twink99 » Mon Feb 07, 2022 3:29 am

Have noticed that swim shorts are getting shorter as well. I know of course that you can't walk around in speedo's everywhere, but I just meant walking to the pool or to the beach from the hotel room or a vacation house.

BriefExcursion20
United States of America

Post by BriefExcursion20 » Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:30 am

twink99 wrote:
Mon Feb 07, 2022 3:29 am
Have noticed that swim shorts are getting shorter as well. I know of course that you can't walk around in speedo's everywhere, but I just meant walking to the pool or to the beach from the hotel room or a vacation house.
What I do in these instances is wear a pair of exercise shorts over my speedos on my way to the beach, and strip off once I arrive.

I sometimes pack an extra pair of basic swim shorts in case I'm told to cover up, though I rarely need it.

Speedomartin
Great Britain

Post by Speedomartin » Mon Feb 07, 2022 7:50 pm

Scottiebum wrote:
Idaho wrote:
Sun Feb 06, 2022 12:31 pm
Scottiebum wrote:
Absolutely agree with this, There's times when shorts are more appropriate, but when walking the beach, sunbathing, and obviously swimming then the briefs are the way to go. When opting for shorts should definitely try for something a bit shorter as well like a 5" inseam (I believe that's around 12.5-13 cm).
Nice shorts Scottiebum, also nice legs!!

twink99
Netherlands

Post by twink99 » Mon Feb 07, 2022 11:26 pm

BriefExcursion20 wrote:
Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:30 am
[...]
What I do in these instances is wear a pair of exercise shorts over my speedos on my way to the beach, and strip off once I arrive.

I sometimes pack an extra pair of basic swim shorts in case I'm told to cover up, though I rarely need it.
Well, I would probably never hear such a thing in Europe haha. I have seen guys and men just wearing swim briefs/boxers in the past walking to the pool or to the beach, I think that's also less of a problem here.

When I was still a young child I wore swim boxers when walking to the beach/pool.

sandford50
Great Britain

Post by sandford50 » Wed Feb 16, 2022 1:57 am

twink99 wrote:
Sat Feb 05, 2022 7:03 pm
I'm new here, nice that there is forum dedicated to this subject!

I have always worn swim boxers as a child, then when puberty hit and wasn't in the greatest shape I tried board shorts, but I hated them (does anyone really like them for swimming and tanning?? :shock: ), a few years later I decided to finally wear an Arena swim brief. I was wearing a small swim short that covers half of the upper legs while laying in the sun, and I just decided to take them off and only wear the swim brief I was wearing underneath them, my mother was a bit bemused but said nothing. A very freeing experience ultimately.

Now I have a whole collection of swim briefs. I also like how they look on me and other guys. But even here in Europe you don't see it that often any more on young men and guys in puberty. Saw it just a few times in France and Italy.

I still walk to the beach and pool with those short swim shorts and then take them off, should I just pack only a swim brief next time instead of both? Still need a little more courage for that. 8)
Hi twink99. I’m like you; wear shorts walking around but speedos for sunbathing and swimming. Hope you get to speedo up this summer and start working on your friends to slip into them too.

diveguy
United States of America

Post by diveguy » Thu Feb 17, 2022 1:50 am

twink99 wrote:
Sat Feb 05, 2022 7:03 pm

... But even here in Europe you don't see it that often any more on young men and guys in puberty. Saw it just a few times in France and Italy...
Yes, very sad. I sense that older men still wear speedos there but it's extremely rare to see younger men wearing them. I notice it a lot when looking for online pics and vids of freedivers. The younger males wear long and or baggy shorts for diving and it is very stupid. An entire generation of men that are culturally resistant to wearing smaller, form fitting swimwear and it's unfortunate.

But congratulations on gaining the courage to wear them yourself though, and welcome to the group!
Underwater and Speedo loving straight guy

twink99
Netherlands

Post by twink99 » Thu Feb 17, 2022 4:03 am

Efficiency seems especially important when freediving. I don't understand that people would wear baggy shorts in when freediving. Humans are strange creatures.

SpeedoFetish
Japan

Post by SpeedoFetish » Thu Feb 17, 2022 8:51 pm

diveguy wrote:
Thu Feb 17, 2022 1:50 am

Yes, very sad. I sense that older men still wear speedos there but it's extremely rare to see younger men wearing them. I notice it a lot when looking for online pics and vids of freedivers. The younger males wear long and or baggy shorts for diving and it is very stupid. An entire generation of men that are culturally resistant to wearing smaller, form fitting swimwear and it's unfortunate.
I bet that 30-40 years from now, when today's young men are still wearing baggy shorts, those shorts will become regarded as the province of boring old men, and young guys will want to wear something edgier and sexier. So speedos will eventually come back...

Speedomartin
Great Britain

Post by Speedomartin » Thu Feb 17, 2022 9:07 pm

SpeedoFetish wrote:
diveguy wrote:
Thu Feb 17, 2022 1:50 am

I bet that 30-40 years from now, when today's young men are still wearing baggy shorts, those shorts will become regarded as the province of boring old men, and young guys will want to wear something edgier and sexier. So speedos will eventually come back...
I agree, we should start a campaign to get guys to wear speedos.