G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Hello

If you are new - post an introduction and tell us a little about yourself.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

SpeedoFetish
Japan

Hello

Post by SpeedoFetish » Sat Feb 19, 2022 8:11 pm

Hello everyone. I've posted several times already in the last few weeks but never properly introduced myself. I live in Japan. Been here since my 20s. In fact I first started wearing speedos here in the mid 1990s. As many of you know, Japanese speedos back then were very tiny. It was pretty common, even at mainstream fitness centers, water parks and beaches, to see butt crack or even occasionally pubes. One of the staff guys at my health club pool regularly wore blue speedos with some pubes showing.

Unfortunately, over the years speedos have mostly disappeared from Japan. Nowadays, generally the skimpiest thing you will see on a guy is a square cut. At my health club pool, I might see another guy in a speedo once a month. 25 years ago probably 70% of guys at the health club wore speedos.

What's really crazy is the trend for guys to wear shirts (rash guards etc) at swimming pools. I can understand it if you're outside and want sun protection, but even at INDOOR hotel pools about half the guys now wear shirts along with baggy trunks. (I just don't get it. How can anyone stand to wear all that junk in the water and then deal with all that wet fabric after changing?)

Interestingly, however, I still feel much more comfortable wearing speedos here than in the US. Even though speedos are rare now, there is not the same hatred of speedos and body shaming of speedo wearing men that you see in the States. So I still proudly wear my speedos at the health club, hotel pools, and beach resorts, and no one bats an eye.

Anyway, I've really enjoyed following everyone's posts here. Look forward to more interesting discussions!

Flatfront
United States of America

Re: Hello

Post by Flatfront » Sat Feb 19, 2022 9:45 pm

Welcome! I loved the old 1990's Japanese Speedo pictures, some still shown on Japanese sites. Some guys still wear women's one-piece suits. I am an older hairy "Bear" in New York City where I still wear tiny flat-front Arena, AQUX and (Korean) Mategear suits or thongs, the smaller the better, at crowded public beaches. I've never heard any complaints, Bears Rule!

Speedoaddict
Great Britain

Post by Speedoaddict » Sun Feb 20, 2022 2:39 am

Hello Speedofetish,

Welcome to the forum. Nice to hear from another speedo loving man. I will look forward to hearing from you some more 8n the future.

Have a great day and keep on speedoing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Love speedos, running shorts, rugby shorts, Aussie rules footy shorts.

SpeedoFetish
Japan

Post by SpeedoFetish » Sun Feb 20, 2022 5:18 am

Thank you, Flatfront and Speedoaddict! I look forward to exchanging more messages with you on this forum!

Idaho
United States of America

Post by Idaho » Sat Feb 26, 2022 2:42 am

Welcome! You mentioned you've been there since your 20's, where were you from originally, and what took you to Japan?

twink99
Netherlands

Post by twink99 » Sat Feb 26, 2022 10:21 am

Welcome!

Always thought the Japanese really liked efficiency, strange trend indeed.
Board shorts are for sissies

Speedomartin
Great Britain

Post by Speedomartin » Sun Feb 27, 2022 9:27 pm

Welcome to the forum. Hope you enjoy it here.

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

SpeedoFetish
Japan

Post by SpeedoFetish » Thu Mar 03, 2022 6:22 am

Idaho wrote:
Sat Feb 26, 2022 2:42 am
Welcome! You mentioned you've been there since your 20's, where were you from originally, and what took you to Japan?
I'm originally from the Midwestern US. Came to Japan simply because I was interested in the culture and wanted to experience it. I had such a good time that I decided to stay.