G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Greetings from Portugal

If you are new - post an introduction and tell us a little about yourself.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

Otobias
Portugal

Re: Greetings from Portugal

Post by Otobias » Mon Jun 05, 2023 9:07 am

sandford50 wrote:
Otobias wrote:
Fri May 26, 2023 5:07 am
Really excited to have found a forum about something that in my case I have to call it an addiction: "speedos"

10 years ago I was not a fan at all of these kind of swimwear but later after starting to do some swim laps at the pool I decided to buy a black/white 3 stripes classic adidas and the rest is history. I enjoyed using those speedos so much that I was not able to avoid to keep looking for and try to get new speedos, even if nowadays not swimming that much anymore.
So which are the best Portugeuse beaches to wear, and see guys wearing Speedos? Guessing on The Algarve.
To be honest never thought it that way. Its okay to use it in every beaches or hotel pools.
But it is a fact that you wont find many speedo wearers. Mid leg length and board shorts take quite all.
If you want to see more speedo wearers ironically or not it will be on nudist beaches or lets call them CO ones. Usually gay community tend to frequent these CO and is more keen to speedos so the speedo users % might increase a lot. (And no, I am not saying that just gays use speedos, of course).
Around lisboa you have
bela vista,
and nato
(Caparica area)
and then a little souther, Meco.

In algarve it would be
Joao Arens
Canavial
Submarino
Barril
Meia praia

But sincerely even if we are not Italy with a lot of speedos users we are mainly relaxed with the swimming attire so any beach out of this list will be more than fine to use speedos even if you are the only one. I m not counting with north of PT beaches because those are not real beaches. Just coast with sand, crazy wind, dangerous, rough and cold water

Enviado do meu SM-A525F através do Tapatalk

sandford50
Great Britain

Post by sandford50 » Mon Jun 05, 2023 9:43 am

Otobias wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2023 9:07 am
sandford50 wrote:
Otobias wrote:
Fri May 26, 2023 5:07 am
Really excited to have found a forum about something that in my case I have to call it an addiction: "speedos"

10 years ago I was not a fan at all of these kind of swimwear but later after starting to do some swim laps at the pool I decided to buy a black/white 3 stripes classic adidas and the rest is history. I enjoyed using those speedos so much that I was not able to avoid to keep looking for and try to get new speedos, even if nowadays not swimming that much anymore.
So which are the best Portugeuse beaches to wear, and see guys wearing Speedos? Guessing on The Algarve.
To be honest never thought it that way. Its okay to use it in every beaches or hotel pools.
But it is a fact that you wont find many speedo wearers. Mid leg length and board shorts take quite all.
If you want to see more speedo wearers ironically or not it will be on nudist beaches or lets call them CO ones. Usually gay community tend to frequent these CO and is more keen to speedos so the speedo users % might increase a lot. (And no, I am not saying that just gays use speedos, of course).
Around lisboa you have
bela vista,
and nato
(Caparica area)
and then a little souther, Meco.

In algarve it would be
Joao Arens
Canavial
Submarino
Barril
Meia praia

But sincerely even if we are not Italy with a lot of speedos users we are mainly relaxed with the swimming attire so any beach out of this list will be more than fine to use speedos even if you are the only one. I m not counting with north of PT beaches because those are not real beaches. Just coast with sand, crazy wind, dangerous, rough and cold water

Obrigado for the post. Hope to revisit Portugal one day and try out those beaches.

SEASPEEDO
United States of America

Post by SEASPEEDO » Mon Jun 05, 2023 2:37 pm

Welcome! You look great in your suit!

Otobias
Portugal

Post by Otobias » Mon Jun 05, 2023 3:06 pm

Appreciated. Looking for learning from you guys!

samuraispeedo
Great Britain

Post by samuraispeedo » Tue Jun 20, 2023 5:48 pm

Looking good bud! Trunks suit you well

Otobias
Portugal

Post by Otobias » Tue Jun 20, 2023 6:28 pm

Thanks, Samurai!
Adidas plays a role here.

ScalieKobold
United States of America

Post by ScalieKobold » Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:10 pm

You look freaking amazing! You look definitely sexy in black speedos :D

Otobias
Portugal

Post by Otobias » Wed Jun 21, 2023 6:19 pm

ScalieKobold wrote:You look freaking amazing! You look definitely sexy in black speedos :D
Thanks for the compliments, Scalie!
Black is black! Never compromise too much. :)

speedoboi
Canada

Post by speedoboi » Wed Aug 09, 2023 7:56 pm

Welcome! Bem vindo. Eu estou no Canadá. A minha família é do Algarve. E tu, que parte de Portugal tu és
I was mostly the only guy in a speedo at the beach Manta Rota.

Otobias
Portugal

Post by Otobias » Thu Aug 10, 2023 8:28 am

Obrigado!
Lisboa.
Enfim, não me espanta que tivesse sido assim, mas também não acho que seja um problema, é o que é...gostem as pessoas mais ou menos, não acho que constitua mínimo problema speedos. Mas ainda bem que não deixaste de os usar pelo facto de todos ou quase usarem board shorts.

sandford50
Great Britain

Post by sandford50 » Sat Sep 09, 2023 2:25 pm

So, I’m currently in Portugal, staying in Loule, near Faro, trying to find the best beaches to be with other speedo guys. Any suggestions?

Otobias
Portugal

Post by Otobias » Sun Sep 10, 2023 9:19 am

I would say that closest to you would be Praia Grande de Pêra, between Armação e Albufeira. We are already a bit out of peak but maybe you can find some around there

Otobias
Portugal

Post by Otobias » Sun Sep 10, 2023 9:32 am

Others:
Cavalo Preto
Barril(west)
Praia Verde (west)
Joao arens
Submarino

sandford50
Great Britain

Post by sandford50 » Thu Sep 14, 2023 1:15 am

Otobias wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2023 9:19 am
I would say that closest to you would be Praia Grande de Pêra, between Armação e Albufeira. We are already a bit out of peak but maybe you can find some around there
Spent a couple of speedo days around Praia Lobo. Only me in speedos, but was surrounded by girls for who thong bikinis is now uniform. So nice.