G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Shamed into wearing boardshorts

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

SpeedoHunk
United States of America

Shamed into wearing boardshorts

Post by SpeedoHunk » Sun Jul 19, 2015 4:33 pm

Never seen him wear shorts to the pool or beach, ever. I always thought it was pretty cool, and he was the one who helped give me the confidence to start wearing Speedos to the beach and on holiday, not just when swimming at the pool.

Last week I caught up with him at the beach and he was in shorts. Surprised, but what irked me was that when I said the shorts were a new look for him, he said it had been his girlfriends idea. He'd didn't elaborate much further but he didn't seem very comfortable in the shorts. It wasn't a one off either, because the shorts were back on a few days later at the beach.

Not sure why it's bothered me, I think it's more to do with his reaction and how seems to have been forced/pressured into opting out of the trunks.
Last edited by SpeedoHunk on Sun Dec 22, 2019 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PNWGuy

Re: My dad's been shamed into wearing boardshorts

Post by PNWGuy » Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:24 pm

Seems surprising. Anyone "dad" age, which includes me, should be comfortable wearing whatever they want.

GRSwimmer

Post by GRSwimmer » Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:48 am

He should wear what he wants.

If his girlfriend can't handle it, that's her deal, not his.

SpeedoHunk
United States of America

Post by SpeedoHunk » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:01 am

I agree he should be able to wear what he wants, which is why it bothers me. If it was his decision, fine but it doesn't appear to be. I kind of want to just tell him to ignore his girlfriend and ditch the shorts if that's what he wants to do.
Last edited by SpeedoHunk on Sun Dec 22, 2019 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GRSwimmer

Post by GRSwimmer » Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:54 am

I second that notion.

speedos4me!

Post by speedos4me! » Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:50 am

SpeedoHunk wrote:My dad's always worn Speedos. Never seen him wear shorts to the pool or beach, ever. I always thought it was pretty cool, and he was the one who helped give me the confidence to start wearing Speedos to the beach and on holiday, not just when swimming at the pool.

Last week I caught up with him at the beach and he was in shorts. Surprised, but what irked me was that when I said the shorts were a new look for him, he said it had been his girlfriends idea. He'd didn't elaborate much further but he didn't seem very comfortable in the shorts. It wasn't a one off either, because the shorts were back on a few days later at the beach.

Not sure why it's bothered me, I think it's more to do with his reaction and how seems to have been forced/pressured into opting out of the trunks.
Here is what I would do. I would buy him new Speedo and give it to him as a gift. I would make sure his girlfriend is there to witness the exchange, while handing him the speedo say, "Dad, you looked uncomfortable in those swim trunks so I bought you these but, it's YOUR choice to wear what you want."

No two people should get into a relationship with the thoughts of trying to change the other person. And it sounds like that is what your dads GF is trying to do.

Keep us updated on what goes on. A father/son speedo pic would be great!

speedos4me!

Post by speedos4me! » Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:53 am

PNWGuy wrote:Seems surprising. Anyone "dad" age, which includes me, should be comfortable wearing whatever they want.
Is that you in the profile pic? If so, WOW. You look great!

frankjath

My dad's been shamed into wearing boardshorts

Post by frankjath » Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:06 am

speedos4me! wrote:
SpeedoHunk wrote:My dad's always worn Speedos. Never seen him wear shorts to the pool or beach, ever. I always thought it was pretty cool, and he was the one who helped give me the confidence to start wearing Speedos to the beach and on holiday, not just when swimming at the pool.

Here is what I would do. I would buy him new Speedo and give it to him as a gift. I would make sure his girlfriend is there to witness the exchange, while handing him the speedo say, "Dad, you looked uncomfortable in those swim trunks so I bought you these but, it's YOUR choice to wear what you want."

No two people should get into a relationship with the thoughts of trying to change the other person. And it sounds like that is what your dads GF is trying to do.

Keep us updated on what goes on. A father/son speedo pic would be great!
I agree, if you give it to him as a gift and she is there, she can't come between father and son.

Sent from my iPad using fairy dust.

SpeedoHunk
United States of America

Post by SpeedoHunk » Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:09 pm

Edited.
Last edited by SpeedoHunk on Sun Dec 22, 2019 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

frankjath

Post by frankjath » Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:53 pm

SpeedoHunk wrote:Another day, another pair of shorts.

I briefly asked him why he had switched to shorts. He said something about his girlfriend saying Speedos were "too revealing" and "embarrassing", but he didn't go much further and kind of brushed the question off a bit. Also, later on I'm pretty sure I noticed that he was wearing Speedos under his shorts. I was sure I saw them.

I like the suggestion of giving him a new one as a gift in front of his girlfriend. That'd be pretty funny to see. Will see what I can do because it's not fun seeing somebody uncomfortable and ashamed of something that's nothing to be embarrassed about. It's double standards coming from his girlfriend too considering she wears pretty skimpy bikinis!
Yeah I could not agree with you more. Tell him he should not be ashamed and that he should wear what he wants and feels comfortable in. If the girlfriend does not accept him for who he is then maybe she is not right for him. I'd never let a partner tell me what I can and can not wear.

On another note. I was by the beach today grabbing a coffee at my favorite coffee shop and I saw some young guys in shorts that were more like traditional swim trunks above the knee. It's nice to see guys going for more shorter trunk styles that are not boardshorts. I remember 2 years ago all you would see were boardshorts.

Sent from my iPad while laying out nude tanning my cheeks.

frankjath

Post by frankjath » Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:54 pm

SpeedoHunk wrote:Another day, another pair of shorts.

I briefly asked him why he had switched to shorts. He said something about his girlfriend saying Speedos were "too revealing" and "embarrassing", but he didn't go much further and kind of brushed the question off a bit. Also, later on I'm pretty sure I noticed that he was wearing Speedos under his shorts. I was sure I saw them.

I like the suggestion of giving him a new one as a gift in front of his girlfriend. That'd be pretty funny to see. Will see what I can do because it's not fun seeing somebody uncomfortable and ashamed of something that's nothing to be embarrassed about. It's double standards coming from his girlfriend too considering she wears pretty skimpy bikinis!
Yeah I could not agree with you more. Tell him he should not be ashamed and that he should wear what he wants and feels comfortable in. If the girlfriend does not accept him for who he is then maybe she is not right for him. I'd never let a partner tell me what I can and can not wear.

On another note. I was by the beach today grabbing a coffee at my favorite coffee shop and I saw some young guys in shorts that were more like traditional swim trunks above the knee. It's nice to see guys going for more shorter trunk styles that are not boardshorts. I remember 2 years ago all you would see were boardshorts.

Sent from my iPad while laying out nude tanning my cheeks.

fbanks
United States of America

Post by fbanks » Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:53 am

Unfortunately ... even grown adults have to give in to conformity and peer pressure, as in this case.

I'm sure there was some sort of an 'adult conversation' regarding the said choice of swimwear and to preserve the status quo of the relationship (meaning keeping the GF happy and continuing to receive the good stuff), a compromise was made.

And I'm quite sure in the right place, the wearing of the Speedo would be accepted, like doing laps at the pool. But, unfortunately for him (and many of us) it's not in public at the beach.

That's the way it goes. Sometimes it's not about us, but the things we do to keep other people happy.
Check My Collection in Photos ... always adding new pictures! Fletch.

PNWGuy

Post by PNWGuy » Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:41 pm

speedos4me! wrote:Is that you in the profile pic? If so, WOW. You look great!
Yes, that's me in my profile photo. Thanks for the kind words. My wife has never seen me wear any swimsuit other than ones like I'm wearing in that shot. And she knows I really to prefer to swim in my birthday suit wherever its appropriate. She doesn't share my passion for bare skin, and that's OK.

packedspeedo
United States of America

Post by packedspeedo » Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:48 am

If we're going to go all passive/agressive, then the Dad should tell the gf that she can't wear a bikini any more. Maybe, but doubtfully, she'd see how silly her argument is.

SpeedoHunk
United States of America

Post by SpeedoHunk » Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:59 am

Edited.

redheaded_aquaman

Post by redheaded_aquaman » Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:18 am

Male body shaming is ridiculous. Too many guys fall for it. We've all got the same thing. Some a bit bigger than others, but the same. It's more an issue for women that they for some reason don't like to see guys in them and mistakenly think others will think their man is "gay" if they wear a Speedo or a similar such suit. Heaven forbid they should be thought of by others as associated with a "gay" man because he is confident enough to show what he's got. I don't see a rash of beach burka's breaking out at pools and beaches around the US that women are taking cover under. It's seems perfectly acceptable for them to show their tits and parade themselves in bikini bottoms, but for a man to have confidence in his body by showing off more skin than what's visible with "board shorts" . . . . well, that's just unforgivable and they should be made fun off until they cover up and show some decency. (Roll of eyes) F'n prudes.

speedodaveuk
Great Britain

Post by speedodaveuk » Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:53 am

Surely there's an easy way to get your dad to change his mind... Just replace his board shorts with speedos before he goes away :) From experience I find that the more the other half is exposed to speedos the more she ends up liking them!
Proud speedo fan!

_su_
United States of America

Post by _su_ » Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:20 am

speedodaveuk wrote:...From experience I find that the more the other half is exposed to speedos the more she ends up liking them!
Agreed. My transition from board shorts to speedos over the past couple years began just after I met my wife and she started looking for shorter and shorter shorts for me to wear. But anything that was tight enough that might "show my print" she thought was unacceptable. Eventually, without her knowledge, I started wearing speedos to run on the beach, and then that one day we both went to sunbathe at the beach and off came the shorts to reveal my Aussiebums; a wonderjock even! I think she was questioning it at first, but quickly realized I really enjoyed it, could pull it off, and no one else seemed to care. And that was all it took. She has since become quite encouraging for me to wear them. So, maybe his GF just needs a little transition, or maybe he needs to find a website for encouraging this kind of thing.... Hmm.... Like a forum for speedos or something.
Speedo tanlines - making you even easier to find in the dark...

SpeedoHunk
United States of America

Post by SpeedoHunk » Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:39 am

Edited.

packedspeedo
United States of America

Post by packedspeedo » Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:17 pm

Wow, that's awesome! I admit I'm not brave enough to do that, although a few coworkers have seen me at the pool at the gym.