G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Finally wore in public.

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

52dno98
United States of America

Finally wore in public.

Post by 52dno98 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:21 am

I've been dreaming about this for years (diveguy, your story resonates with me very strongly).

I am a competitive cyclist but have tendonitis in one of my toes, so I haven't been on the bike in almost a month. Instead, my doctor suggested I take up swimming. I've had jammers for years- before I got into cycling I used to swim laps regularly, though I've never been on a team. But it wasn't until the last few years that I have gotten skinny enough, IMO, to actually wear a speedo and look decent in it. So as soon as I got back into swimming laps a few times a week, I realized this was the perfect opportunity to FINALLY come out of the closet, as it were, and start swimming laps in a speedo.

I had gamed this scenario out in my head hundreds- maybe thousands- of times, but had never felt confident enough to pull the trigger. Yesterday afternoon I put on a speedo (standard black 3" training suit), hiked my boardies over them, and drove over to the pool. I had it in my head "if the pool is too crowded or if there's someone I know I can just keep the boardies on over the speedo and swim my laps per usual" (though that normally meant jammers). So I walk out onto the deck, and every lane is full. Damn. I'm going to have to expose myself in my suit to someone in very close proximity. I start getting nervous- but I also think, "you came here, you're already in a speedo, who gives a sh*t, JUST DO IT." So just as I'm taking my shoes, shirt, wedding ring, etc. off at the end of the pool, one of the lanes empties out. Thank god.

So I take a deep breath, put my thumbs in the waist band of my boardies, and shoop... there I am. Exposed to the world. In a speedo. And it felt LIBERATING.

I jump in, and realize after my first 50m that I'd left my water bottle by my stuff. So I get pull myself out of the pool and walk back over to my stuff, in full display to everyone. Nobody laughed. Nobody even took a second look. What a relief.

Anyway, by the end of 45-50 minutes of laps, the lifeguard blows the whistle that the pool is closing. So I hauled myself out, gathered up my stuff, and walked, in just my speedo, the full length of the pool in front of probably 15 people to the locker rooms.

Next up... how to explain to the wife... (She knows neither of my turn on nor my new predilection for swimming laps in a speedo). I don't know that I'll ever be able to tell her how turned on speedos make me, but I think at the very least I can get her used to the idea that her husband wears speedos when swimming for fitness. She's certainly been very cool with me shaving my legs and wearing tight cycling kits.

Sorry to go on, guys. But this is a big step for me! Thanks for reading!
Last edited by 52dno98 on Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rmf

Re: Finally wore in public.

Post by rmf » Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:23 am

Congrats & thanks for sharing. It does get easier the more you do it. Hopefully you will have the opportunity to venture out beyond just swimming laps. Does you wife know you own the suit? I'm lucky that my wife (& kids) don't care so I can pretty much wear then when I want. It's normally me who pulls back on wearing them. If you can get her on board, then it will be another great adventure for you to wear them on vacation or to a place where no one knows you.... and actually just be hanging out relaxing and not there to swim laps!
straight, married w/ kids.

Scottiebum
Great Britain

Post by Scottiebum » Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:32 pm

Glad it all worked out for you. I think the worry before is far worse than actually doing it - as you saw nobody gave a damn - a swimmer in a speedo so what!
Straight
Scottish
Speedo

budgybloke
Australia

Post by budgybloke » Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:35 pm

What a fantastic story. I still get that feeling sometimes (and I got it form just reading your post) - it's almost a rush of exhilaration and comes just as much from the self confidence as it enables as it does from any sense of exhibitionism.

What I find most sexy by far is a confident man in speedos. It's not about muscle or youth or preening. I'm so much more turned on by a photo of a normal, healthy man in a sexy speedo than a highly-styled and totally unrealistic pic.

Really happy for you, 52dno98!

_su_
United States of America

Post by _su_ » Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:52 pm

Great job! My experience was similar, except I was running on the beach instead of swimming laps. As for your wife, maybe try wearing them as underwear and she'll get the picture. Otherwise, if the pool is outside, your tan lines may tell her for you.
Speedo tanlines - making you even easier to find in the dark...

Bullseye
United States of America

Post by Bullseye » Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:51 pm

Hey 52,

I can relate to having to convince the wife about speedos. I would think that since you have been wearing the appropriate cycling gear (even shaving your legs) the speedo to swim in shouldn't be too big of a jump. Men who seriously swim for fitness wear either speedos or jammers. You've been doing the jammers, you are simply choosing to go the speedo route . Much less constricting on the upper legs. And besides, I am sure I heard somewhere that 9 out of 10 doctors recommend speedos for their patients who swim for fitness.

52dno98
United States of America

Post by 52dno98 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:59 pm

Bullseye, the speedo felt GREAT to swim in (as I knew it would, ha ha). Jammers just feel too tight around my thighs. That might sound odd coming from a cyclist, but they just don't feel right for swimming- I think it has to do with them being wet.

frankjath

Post by frankjath » Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:52 pm

I'm very proud of you 52, I think its more common for guys to wear speedos when swimming laps at a pool for exercise. Like others have said the more you do it the more you become use to it. Hopefully your wife is okay with it... tell her its what makes you happy. With that said even if she does not like you wearing speedos you have to do what makes you happy. Keep it up!

PNWGuy

Post by PNWGuy » Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:18 pm

Good for you, 52. Brief swimsuits are really no big deal. But I certainly understand that first time nervousness, which for me was decades ago. My wife has never seen me in any other kind of swimsuit, and we've been together for nearly 25 years.

diveguy
United States of America

Post by diveguy » Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:37 am

52dno98 wrote:Bullseye, the speedo felt GREAT to swim in (as I knew it would, ha ha). Jammers just feel too tight around my thighs. That might sound odd coming from a cyclist, but they just don't feel right for swimming- I think it has to do with them being wet.
Really great story on your original post above, 52dno98, and congratulations! And thanks for the shoutout! You bet it feels fantastic to be wearing a speedo while swimming. Now, imagine how amazing it would feel to be wearing one as you step into the warm surf that's pounding onto an exotic, tropical beach! The feeling is utterly indescribable as you splash around in the waves in just your comfortable, tight fitting brief little speedo. Snorkelling while wearing one is out of this world fantastic.

I sincerely hope your wife is no stranger to swimsuits herself, and hopefully a bikini but even any nice one-piece will do, because this is your assignment: you need to take her on vacation to some amazing, exotic tropical locale where the palms are swaying, the sand is soft, the water is warm, and the beach isn't too crowded and this is where you get her used to the fact that her husband is a speedo wearer, looks damn good in one, and is very happy. And hopefully feeling horny as hell to boot, and that she's receptive to that!
Underwater and Speedo loving straight guy

52dno98
United States of America

Post by 52dno98 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:26 pm

Wore again tonight. It was just me and one other swimmer in the pool, but still really exciting.

I guess at some point this will become somewhat less thrilling? But boy, it's all I've thought about the last two days.

I'm hoping as I get fitter and leaner still, I'll have some better photos to post. :)

And dive, per your challenge, we're planning on a trip to Hawaii next year- just the two of us, and I plan to wear openly there.
Attachments
post_swim4_B.jpg
post_swim4_B.jpg (165.05 KiB) Viewed 9209 times

fbanks
United States of America

Post by fbanks » Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:33 am

Congrats!

Less Thrilling? No way! If you get complacent, just buy a new suit ... and make it smaller, snugger, lower, maybe more colorful. (That's what I do} :)
Check My Collection in Photos ... always adding new pictures! Fletch.

_su_
United States of America

Post by _su_ » Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:42 am

fbanks wrote:Congrats!

Less Thrilling? No way! If you get complacent, just buy a new suit ... and make it smaller, snugger, lower, maybe more colorful. (That's what I do} :)
Or visit a nude beach, such as the very crowded one on St Martin. Imagine long rows of beach chairs setup side by side and five deep, all filled mostly with nude people, and only a handful of people in the water. After finding yourself an empty beach chair, you literally drop everything, and attempt to apply sunscreen in places you've never put it, as casually as possible. After 5 minutes, the affect of everyone being nude wears off and you decide to take a swim. Only, after entering the water and enjoying a nude swim, you realize you're going to be the center of attention when you emerge from the water, since almost everyone is in a chair and not on the shoreline. The very few on the shoreline are the clothed gawkers who are passing through just to say they were there. And if you recognize them from the cruise ship or wherever you're staying, you can wave hello to them without using your hands.

Anyways, I wouldn't say wearing a speedo gets less thrilling, just the initial affect, especially if you're still the only person wearing one. Just keep doing it and it won't matter whether anyone is there watching you or not. And get back to us on how the wife receives your speedo wearing.
Speedo tanlines - making you even easier to find in the dark...

MRspeedoman
United States of America

Post by MRspeedoman » Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:17 pm

52dno98 wrote:I've been dreaming about this for years (diveguy, your story resonates with me very strongly).

I am a competitive cyclist but have tendonitis in one of my toes, so I haven't been on the bike in almost a month. Instead, my doctor suggested I take up swimming. I've had jammers for years- before I got into cycling I used to swim laps regularly, though I've never been on a team. But it wasn't until the last few years that I have gotten skinny enough, IMO, to actually wear a speedo and look decent in it. So as soon as I got back into swimming laps a few times a week, I realized this was the perfect opportunity to FINALLY come out of the closet, as it were, and start swimming laps in a speedo.

I had gamed this scenario out in my head hundreds- maybe thousands- of times, but had never felt confident enough to pull the trigger. Yesterday afternoon I put on a speedo (standard black 3" training suit), hiked my boardies over them, and drove over to the pool. I had it in my head "if the pool is too crowded or if there's someone I know I can just keep the boardies on over the speedo and swim my laps per usual" (though that normally meant jammers). So I walk out onto the deck, and every lane is full. Damn. I'm going to have to expose myself in my suit to someone in very close proximity. I start getting nervous- but I also think, "you came here, you're already in a speedo, who gives a sh*t, JUST DO IT." So just as I'm taking my shoes, shirt, wedding ring, etc. off at the end of the pool, one of the lanes empties out. Thank god.

So I take a deep breath, put my thumbs in the waist band of my boardies, and shoop... there I am. Exposed to the world. In a speedo. And it felt LIBERATING.

I jump in, and realize after my first 50m that I'd left my water bottle by my stuff. So I get pull myself out of the pool and walk back over to my stuff, in full display to everyone. Nobody laughed. Nobody even took a second look. What a relief.

Anyway, by the end of 45-50 minutes of laps, the lifeguard blows the whistle that the pool is closing. So I hauled myself out, gathered up my stuff, and walked, in just my speedo, the full length of the pool in front of probably 15 people to the locker rooms.

Next up... how to explain to the wife... (She knows neither of my turn on nor my new predilection for swimming laps in a speedo). I don't know that I'll ever be able to tell her how turned on speedos make me, but I think at the very least I can get her used to the idea that her husband wears speedos when swimming for fitness. She's certainly been very cool with me shaving my legs and wearing tight cycling kits.

Sorry to go on, guys. But this is a big step for me! Thanks for reading!
Thank you for sharing your experience of going out in public wearing a Speedo. I am very proud of you 52, great work when it comes to your achievement!

I think you won't have any problem explaining to your wife when it comes to you wearing a Speedo. Because my fiancée, who convinced me to wear one back in 2007 during our first trip to Miami, always feels that confidence is very sexy coming from a man, no matter what I wear. I do shave my legs and wear compression pants when I spin or go jogging. Therefore, being turn on wearing a Speedo is a definite plus, since I totally agree with you on that for sure!

Just recently, her and I joined the local YMCA so we can go swimming again. They had the proper resources since she has cerebral palsy and uses a wheelchair. We both were dormant for almost five years, since we haven't swam since our last trip to Florida. I also had to gather up the courage to wear a Speedo again, considering that Pittsburgh is a very different environment than Florida.

Luckily, I wore my Atlantic blue Solar Speedo with a towel covering it. After getting her in the pool, I ripped that towel off, and jumped in the lap pool and went hard. That feeling was amazing to know that I don't have to travel to Florida to feel that sweet freedom!

About an hour later, a rain storm arrived and we all had to quickly get out, including getting the lift chair to help out my fiancée getting out of the water. Everyone who was waiting for the storm to pass, did notice my wet speedo (including the three lifeguards) and did not bat an eyelash. That feeling I got alone was one of the main reasons going to Florida. Now, I can get that here at last! :)
A straight male who believes that real men wear Speedos! :)

52dno98
United States of America

Post by 52dno98 » Sat Jun 11, 2016 5:37 pm

Next chapter in my new (and exciting- to me, anyway) history of wearing speedos in public.

Went to the pool this afternoon, and after I'd swum only about 400 yards, the lifeguard blows the whistle. Lightning in the area, so everyone out (there were five lanes of eight occupied). So I get out and go over to my gear, which is sitting in some deck chairs against the wall. And I sit there in the chair, in just my speedo, without a towel on my lap, checking my phone. I was looking at the radar, texting my wife, etc. and chatting with the other swimmers a few chairs over while we waited. Eventually, we all gave up- the storm wasn't abating, and the gym was going to close. I was the last one to leave the pool, but I walked around, picking up my stuff, putting away the chair I'd been sitting in, etc., in just my suit. It was hard not to have a boner going the whole time I was sitting there and when I was walking around afterward. Even though the pool had emptied out, I felt so exposed and it was SO AWESOME.

MRspeedoman
United States of America

Post by MRspeedoman » Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:02 pm

52dno98 wrote:Next chapter in my new (and exciting- to me, anyway) history of wearing speedos in public.

Went to the pool this afternoon, and after I'd swum only about 400 yards, the lifeguard blows the whistle. Lightning in the area, so everyone out (there were five lanes of eight occupied). So I get out and go over to my gear, which is sitting in some deck chairs against the wall. And I sit there in the chair, in just my speedo, without a towel on my lap, checking my phone. I was looking at the radar, texting my wife, etc. and chatting with the other swimmers a few chairs over while we waited. Eventually, we all gave up- the storm wasn't abating, and the gym was going to close. I was the last one to leave the pool, but I walked around, picking up my stuff, putting away the chair I'd been sitting in, etc., in just my suit. It was hard not to have a boner going the whole time I was sitting there and when I was walking around afterward. Even though the pool had emptied out, I felt so exposed and it was SO AWESOME.
Thank you 52 for sharing your story! I have a hard time myself, no pun intended! (Laughs) It is nice to read that I am not the only one who feels awesome being at the poolside wearing a Speedo! :) The three times I wore a Speedo at the local YMCA (a different color each time), I would talk to the lifeguards, staff, and other swimmers without them battlling an eyelash!

They provide so much more leg movement than my Reebok jammers, the way the water contours the body while swimming is amazing!

Speedos are the way to go!

Georgeoz

Post by Georgeoz » Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:08 pm

It is amazing to me that a grown man should worry (a) whether his wife/partner approves or (b) there is something "special" or daring or whatever about wearing sensible swim gear.

It really says to me something about the gross prudery of American society. And middle aged white American women in particular, who seem to dislike the idrea that the men they have married might look good and feel attractive to others than them. Best way for them to get divorced, I think?

Ever since men began, they have had a certain body shape and women a different one. Men like to show their shape (including that they have genitals between their legs) to women and women their breasts and arses to men. All this carry-on about being brave really makes me wonder. I have worn Speedos (aka Aussiebum) for at least 75 years and I still get the occasional "like". And never been banned from any of the many places where I have swum, and still do.

Wake up you Amnerican men! Stop thinking you have to wear those daggy drawers in the water or on the beach. Or anywhere

MRspeedoman
United States of America

Post by MRspeedoman » Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:08 am

Georgeoz wrote:It is amazing to me that a grown man should worry (a) whether his wife/partner approves or (b) there is something "special" or daring or whatever about wearing sensible swim gear.

It really says to me something about the gross prudery of American society. And middle aged white American women in particular, who seem to dislike the idrea that the men they have married might look good and feel attractive to others than them. Best way for them to get divorced, I think?

Ever since men began, they have had a certain body shape and women a different one. Men like to show their shape (including that they have genitals between their legs) to women and women their breasts and arses to men. All this carry-on about being brave really makes me wonder. I have worn Speedos (aka Aussiebum) for at least 75 years and I still get the occasional "like". And never been banned from any of the many places where I have swum, and still do.

Wake up you Amnerican men! Stop thinking you have to wear those daggy drawers in the water or on the beach. Or anywhere
GeorgeOZ, I agree with you wholeheartedly. I also hate those "dork shorts" with a passion, because I used to wear them all the time growing up on every vacation I would go on. All because my parents and older sister have confidence problems with their image, from not being the healthiest people! I was forced into wearing dork shorts so I won't make them look bad. Not a cool situation to be in. Furthermore, I felt so much more inferior confident-wise by comparison to all of those ladies who would show off their assets regardless of the shape or size. This took place in the 90's, when TONS of one piece swimwear and high cut bikinis were in! I wish I had expressed my confidence back then, because I would have fit in since I began weightlifting/fitness as a teen.

That is why I feel that I fit in here, to share the perspective and passion for Speedos with other people around here. I find no problem us men wearing what we consider comfortable, because it is us that is wearing it, right? Those who have a problem with it, are the ones who have a problem with themselves. Since I wore my first Speedo in 2007 down in South Beach, I never looked back and it gave me more for a reason to take better care of myself. :)

52dno98
United States of America

Post by 52dno98 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:44 pm

God I am having such a great week. On Sunday swam 1600 yards in an outdoor pool in a pretty skimpy 2" Tyr bikini made of a super light and stretchy fabric called Durafast Elite. I was at the local large fitness club in front of all kinds of people and boy, did it feel awesome to be in such a revealing suit.

(Edit) - Last night I forgot to add that I also swam in the hotel pool while on business yesterday. There were other people in the pool, a couple of families with small children, and I started by swimming a couple of laps before losing the dork shorts.

I am really enjoying my newfound confidence for wearing in public. It's such a ridiculously nice thrill.

I LOVE WEARING SPEEDOS!!!
Last edited by 52dno98 on Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

diveguy
United States of America

Post by diveguy » Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:29 am

52dno98 wrote:I LOVE WEARING SPEEDOS!!!
As do we all my friend! Which is why it's great to have this forum to share our mutual enthusiasm for them.
Underwater and Speedo loving straight guy