G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Do all speedos go to heaven?

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

_su_
United States of America

Do all speedos go to heaven?

Post by _su_ » Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:56 am

As a seller on Poshmark, I have occassionally seen a few speedos not made in many years resurrected and posted for sale (including some of my own). I have bought one or two to double up on some of my favorites no longer made, since they were listed as New with Tags. I was wondering what happens to all of the old speedos out there, used or never even worn. Do you guys donate, sell, toss them in the trash, or take them to the grave with you?
Speedo tanlines - making you even easier to find in the dark...

Scottiebum
Great Britain

Re: Do all speedos go to heaven?

Post by Scottiebum » Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:57 am

Have not worn out a pair yet so it is ebay for me. I tend to turn them over so I do not have too many at one time.
Straight
Scottish
Speedo

Mazda3mps
Australia

Post by Mazda3mps » Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:44 pm

I’ve sold and swapped before. But most I just keep until a friend wants to pinch one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:27 pm

_su_ wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:56 am
I was wondering what happens to all of the old speedos out there, used or never even worn. Do you guys donate, sell, toss them in the trash, or take them to the grave with you?
Mostly just keep them in the speedo drawer in my bureau. I've given a few away. Never sold any. The only ones I've tossed have been suits that got so stretched and/or discolored that they looked like they needed a decent and respectful burial. Some old Speedo brand nylon suits will probably outlive me. And at my age, I may be buried with them, if not in them. I have a Meyba suit made in Spain that I don't wear anymore, because it's so beautiful, I want to preserve it--thin fabric, narrow sides, nice print, no drawstring.
Long time Speedo® lover

...:::sam:::...
Australia

Post by ...:::sam:::... » Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:50 am

Ive worn out loads of them. If they stretch then I bin them, but if they fade I keep them and depending on the fit I'll still wear them.

wetman1961
Great Britain

Post by wetman1961 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:27 am

This suit is enjoying its well-earned retirement! I haven't the heart to throw it out.

retired.png
retired.png (713.78 KiB) Viewed 5772 times
Every man should own a Little Black Speedo :P

Speedoaddict
Great Britain

Post by Speedoaddict » Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:54 pm

At one point I had 160 Speedos, because I wasn’t wearing them I decided to sell a large chunk and gave some away. I kept my favourites. I went down to 60 pairs after the purge and I a, now at about 92 pairs. My Adidas will never be thrown away, my funky trunks I might sell those on eBay. As for the others I would need to look through them. But the older suit I will keep.
I find the older suits can become collectors items and do go up in price. But at the moment they are in a drawer under my bed. I have 3-4 pairs I can have a bit of a mess around in but these are kept separate.
The question is do Speedos go to heaven? The answer is no because there is no heaven or hell. These ideas like Speedos are man made.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Love speedos, running shorts, rugby shorts, Aussie rules footy shorts.

Australia

Post by ...:::sam:::... » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:03 am

Speedoaddict wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:54 pm
At one point I had 160 Speedos, because I wasn’t wearing them I decided to sell a large chunk and gave some away. I kept my favourites. I went down to 60 pairs after the purge and I a, now at about 92 pairs. My Adidas will never be thrown away, my funky trunks I might sell those on eBay. As for the others I would need to look through them. But the older suit I will keep.
I find the older suits can become collectors items and do go up in price. But at the moment they are in a drawer under my bed. I have 3-4 pairs I can have a bit of a mess around in but these are kept separate.
The question is do Speedos go to heaven? The answer is no because there is no heaven or hell. These ideas like Speedos are man made.
What evidence do you have to disprove heaven or hell? No, just kidding, but what I really did wonder is what brands have you personally liked the best.

Speedoaddict
Great Britain

Post by Speedoaddict » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:57 am

Hi Sam, thanks for the comment here is the list as requested.

1st) Adidas - Love the feel of the material, great fit.
2nd) Arena - Same as above, but Arena are a touch expensive.
3rd) Budgy Smuggler - Good fit, smooth material but expensive.
4th) Nike - Hard to get the colours and designs in the UK, But do feel good when you wear them.
5th) TYR - These are a great swim trunks but very expensive compared to adidas, Arena and Speedo. Good fit and feels good when on.
6th) Speedo - Good swim brief, but designs are boring for men’s offering.
7th) Head - Like these trunks but can be hard to find in the UK and can be pricy.
8th) Funky Trunks - Material feels rough, some of the designs are great, colourful but that’s about it. Fit is good tho.
9th) Aussiebum - Sizing is hit and miss, material for the elite trunks I bought is rough like speedo endurance. Plus expensive to buy with import duties and handling charges.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Love speedos, running shorts, rugby shorts, Aussie rules footy shorts.

Australia

Post by ...:::sam:::... » Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:07 am

Speedoaddict wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:57 am
Hi Sam, thanks for the comment here is the list as requested.
Thats a list! Thanks Speedoaddict! I'll have to check out some of those brands I havent used

swimsharkau
Australia

Post by swimsharkau » Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:49 pm

I currently have 100+ pairs, and I estimate these will all stay with me till the end.

I have always held onto the pairs I like and wear, but have done various things with the others.

Pairs that didn't fit from the start, or were uncomfortable, went onto eBay etc.

I sometimes bought bulk lots/closing down or end of year sale pairs to flip on eBay or other sale sites. I stopped when eBay changed, postage got more expensive, and picking up cheap/bulk lots stopped happening.

Everything else from when I started as a junior swimmer I still have, bar one pair I lost which was from high school with the high school logo on it. I REALLY WISH I still had that pair...

packedspeedo
United States of America

Post by packedspeedo » Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:35 am

I wear my swim briefs until they rip open or turn see-through when wet. The highest number I ever had was around 20. I now have fewer suits, maybe 7 or 8, but wear them more frequently.

ExBex
United States of America

Post by ExBex » Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:13 am

Ebay! I resell suits that are in good condition but that I didn't love. Sometimes it's a brand new suit with tags. Sometimes it's one I had years but never wore much.

Someone else will enjoy them more, and I can use the money to try different suits!

Sadly, lycra always breaks down from age, even in storage and never worn. At that point, gotta man up and euthanize 'em. It's super disappointing to buy a favorite discontinued style only to find it's unusable from old age.

Speedomartin
Great Britain

Post by Speedomartin » Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:22 pm

wetman1961 wrote:This suit is enjoying its well-earned retirement! I haven't the heart to throw it out.

retired.png
Don't retire them wetman1961 they've got years more wear in them yet!!??

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

wetman1961
Great Britain

Post by wetman1961 » Sat Oct 31, 2020 3:05 am

Speedomartin wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:22 pm
wetman1961 wrote:This suit is enjoying its well-earned retirement! I haven't the heart to throw it out.

retired.png
Don't retire them wetman1961 they've got years more wear in them yet!!??

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk
Ah, they've earned their retirement, I've worked them hard in their career and they are faded and starting to sag a bit - I have my image and adoring public to think of :P :P :P

I will keep them though as they will remind me of an important stage of my life.
Every man should own a Little Black Speedo :P