G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

My name is Dave and I started this forum years ago as a place for guys who love speedos to hang out. Since then it has turned in to a great and active speedo forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. Joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Snorkeling on Vacation

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

otter
United States of America

Re: Snorkeling on Vacation

Post by otter » Sat Apr 30, 2022 8:57 pm

I’ve had a nice experiences snorkeling in a speedo in Hawaii. One was a couple of months ago on the south side of Black Rock, one of the busiest places on Kaanapali Beach on Maui. The water near the rock is sometimes teaming with fish, especially on calm days. People, teens and tweens mostly, jump or dive off the rock, and their activity and plunge through the waterline adds to the excitement of swimming in the area. I saw rivers of silver chum, thousands upon thousands, coursing along near the bottom, maybe twenty feet deep. I took a deep breath and went down. You have to understand that I’m a minimalist, not only being in a Dolfin racing brief, but also wearing only swim goggles, no snorkel. Just Cressi fins, yes. A reef triggerfish (humuhumunukunukuapuaa) accompanying the river of chum broke away, so I followed it for a bit, then looked up, to see a circle of masks at the surface looking down at the river and at me too. I made my ascent, trying to look as relaxed as possible, hands trailing, letting the fins carry me up. I felt even better when my wife told me I looked great down there, and sexy even. That made my day. And no one seemed shocked about seeing a guy in a speedo. I talked with a few friendly snorkelers and jumpers about what we were seeing. The only possible death stares came from a couple of guys wearing body suits and full-face snorkel-masks--Those masks are scary. Out of the water, we forgot where we put our towels and my deck shorts and ended up walking way too far up the beach and back again past hundreds of beach-goers of all ages. Lots of board shorts, bikinis, one-pieces, but zero other speedos. But heck, if people looked, I didn’t feel any approbation, I was feeling good about the water experience and happy in my skin. Proof again, it's a matter of confidence. Unfortunately the one or two snorkeling boat cruise I’ve been on have ended up being cancelled for one reason or another, but I’ve been ready with the speedo under shorts. There is so much snorkeling that can be done for free and as long as you want from the beach. On the whole, my experiences wearing a speedo in Hawaii have only left me wanting to do more.
feel water like an otter would

Scottiebum
Great Britain

Post by Scottiebum » Sun May 01, 2022 4:02 am

otter wrote:
Sat Apr 30, 2022 8:57 pm
I’ve had a nice experiences snorkeling in a speedo in Hawaii. One was a couple of months ago on the south side of Black Rock, one of the busiest places on Kaanapali Beach on Maui. The water near the rock is sometimes teaming with fish, especially on calm days. People, teens and tweens mostly, jump or dive off the rock, and their activity and plunge through the waterline adds to the excitement of swimming in the area. I saw rivers of silver chum, thousands upon thousands, coursing along near the bottom, maybe twenty feet deep. I took a deep breath and went down. You have to understand that I’m a minimalist, not only being in a Dolfin racing brief, but also wearing only swim goggles, no snorkel. Just Cressi fins, yes. A reef triggerfish (humuhumunukunukuapuaa) accompanying the river of chum broke away, so I followed it for a bit, then looked up, to see a circle of masks at the surface looking down at the river and at me too. I made my ascent, trying to look as relaxed as possible, hands trailing, letting the fins carry me up. I felt even better when my wife told me I looked great down there, and sexy even. That made my day. And no one seemed shocked about seeing a guy in a speedo. I talked with a few friendly snorkelers and jumpers about what we were seeing. The only possible death stares came from a couple of guys wearing body suits and full-face snorkel-masks--Those masks are scary. Out of the water, we forgot where we put our towels and my deck shorts and ended up walking way too far up the beach and back again past hundreds of beach-goers of all ages. Lots of board shorts, bikinis, one-pieces, but zero other speedos. But heck, if people looked, I didn’t feel any approbation, I was feeling good about the water experience and happy in my skin. Proof again, it's a matter of confidence. Unfortunately the one or two snorkeling boat cruise I’ve been on have ended up being cancelled for one reason or another, but I’ve been ready with the speedo under shorts. There is so much snorkeling that can be done for free and as long as you want from the beach. On the whole, my experiences wearing a speedo in Hawaii have only left me wanting to do more.
Very positive story, thanks for sharing!

I have said before that it is so much about confidence and attitude, nothing to be afraid of!
Straight
Scottish
Speedo

SEASPEEDO
United States of America

Post by SEASPEEDO » Sun May 01, 2022 2:29 pm

I speedo in Hawaii on every visit.... don't worry too much about what others might think....

yamamay
United States of America

Post by yamamay » Wed May 04, 2022 8:36 am

Thanks for the stories! I'm going to Maui soon, staying near Sugar Beach/Kihei. Not planning on wearing board shorts if I can get away with it. Love to hear any other success stories of speedo-wearing in Hawaii. It sounds like we can probably do plenty of snorkeling from shore without having to book a trip, I think that's going to be my go-to approach.

otter
United States of America

Post by otter » Thu May 05, 2022 1:19 pm

For snorkeling in South Maui, go through Kihei and Wailea to the end of the road at Pérouse Bay, then hike along the northwest shore of the bay. You will find a series of smaller bays cut back into the lava, and there you are likely to find lots to look at underwater. One of the bays is called "the aquarium", so that gives you an idea of what it's like. Bring boots or good reef shoes, because you will be walking on knife edges. Early morning is best for calm waters. There are a lot of other snorkeling and swimming and sunbathing opportunities along that coast, just google, or ask.

Sugar Beach where you are staying blends on its north end into Maalaea Beach, a six mile stretch of sand that is famous for swimming, sunsets, long walks, and for being mostly deserted. Not so much for snorkeling, but a good place for your speedo! There is a bird sanctuary in the marsh on inland side, worth a visit. There are boat snorkeling trips out to Molokini. I've never done that, but it does sound interesting. Further afield on Maui as well, so much to do, snorkeling and otherwise, have a great trip.
feel water like an otter would

diveguy
United States of America

Post by diveguy » Thu May 12, 2022 1:06 am

otter wrote:
Sat Apr 30, 2022 8:57 pm
Fantastic description! Reminds me of all the great times I had in Hawaii.
Underwater and Speedo loving straight guy