G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Florida Panhandle vacation

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

52dno98
United States of America

Re: Florida Panhandle vacation

Post by 52dno98 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:06 am

rmf wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:32 am

Customary Use (CU) has thrown SOWAL into a mess as the law was specifically targeted by hired lobbyist of beach front owners (BFO) in SOWAL. Now much of the 'dry' sand has been blocked off for public use.

We have our summer trip planned in August. I know we are one of the few that anyone will ever see wearing briefs down there but because we have gone to this same access now for several years in a row, the locals should be getting use to us by now... :lol:
Couple of things- my wife and I will be there for the week of the 4th; our in-laws will be with us to help take care of our four year old, so I doubt I’ll wear briefs (in-laws are old and won’t get it). I’m curious how the place we stay in Destin (actually Miramar Beach, where the outlets are) will be- in the past it’s been pretty popular with the public.

Finally, I don’t know if you ever went there but our favorite restaurant on 30A, The Red Bar in Grayton Beach, burned down over the winter. We’re pretty bummed about it.

rmf

Post by rmf » Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:40 am

52dno98 wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:06 am
Finally, I don’t know if you ever went there but our favorite restaurant on 30A, The Red Bar in Grayton Beach, burned down over the winter. We’re pretty bummed about it.
Miramar has the same issue but if you rent beach service or if you stay at a house that has deeded beach, then it doesn't effect you as much. Where we stay, the house doesn't have deeded beach & we don't rent beach service.

Yea, I saw that the day Red Bar burned. The owner did say he was going to rebuild but I am sure it's going to be a while. I remember going there always thinking that the building was sorta a fire waiting to happen so I wasn't surprised when it did burn.
straight, married w/ kids.

52dno98
United States of America

Post by 52dno98 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:47 pm

rmf wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:40 am
Miramar has the same issue but if you rent beach service or if you stay at a house that has deeded beach, then it doesn't effect you as much. Where we stay, the house doesn't have deeded beach & we don't rent beach service.
So there's a public (ish?) beach by the Whale's Tail and in front of Seascape resort. I wonder if this will cut down on the absolute SEA of people that go there. There's very nice street parking, which is a big draw.
rmf wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:40 am
Yea, I saw that the day Red Bar burned. The owner did say he was going to rebuild but I am sure it's going to be a while. I remember going there always thinking that the building was sorta a fire waiting to happen so I wasn't surprised when it did burn.
Their sister restaurant Louis Louis is a few miles to the East of Grand Boulevard on 98, and it has exactly the same menu. I'm not sure how crowded it will be now that Red Bar is closed, but you can get the same food if you need a fix.

rmf

Post by rmf » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:40 am

52dno98 wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:47 pm

So there's a public (ish?) beach by the Whale's Tail and in front of Seascape resort. I wonder if this will cut down on the absolute SEA of people that go there. There's very nice street parking, which is a big draw.

Their sister restaurant Louis Louis is a few miles to the East of Grand Boulevard on 98, and it has exactly the same menu. I'm not sure how crowded it will be now that Red Bar is closed, but you can get the same food if you need a fix.
It will probably be really crowed. The county is giving out more permits to beach chair service in the public beach access areas so there will be plenty of ghosts chairs therefore space will be tight. You are going peak season so getting to the beach early & staking a spot will be key. Our friends own a house just down the road and they always say it's crowed during peak season. While the 30A area is much less crowed, it is changing. Our schools don't start until after Labor Day so we take advantage of a late August trip when most of the Southern schools are back in session to go down there and enjoy the empty beaches.

Good to know about Louis Louis....

geauxboi
United States of America

Post by geauxboi » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:08 am

Well my trip to Pensacola Beach has indicated no change in the speedo/brief/bikini wearing. I only saw one other guy wearing a brief swimsuit. And there was also 1 guy I saw wearing a very short, yellow, tapered short type suit. I think it may have been running shorts or something like that, but it was very short and went just past the butt. Other than those 2 sightings, every other male I saw had long board shorts or just shorts. Speedos is just not something you will see on the Florida pandhandle beaches. The only exception to this is the LGBT event held every year in Pensacola Beach for the Memorial Day weekend. You see over half the guys wearing speedos, thongs or whatever on the beach, and at the hotel and resort pools too, it is pretty much anything goes for that week. But I have to say that I don't believe it bothers anyone when I go to the beach at other times of year like last week. I been wearing briefs/bikinis for years on the panhandle beaches, and have never been looked at funny or anything like that.

52dno98
United States of America

Post by 52dno98 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:23 pm

EF4779FF-3E71-4D64-94B3-9C73258741CD.jpeg
EF4779FF-3E71-4D64-94B3-9C73258741CD.jpeg (194.31 KiB) Viewed 4720 times
Presently in the Florida Panhandle for America’s Independence Day holiday. As usual, I am the only person I’ve seen all day in Speedos. Had to wait until my family left so I don’t embarrass my wife or in-laws, but I’ve been sitting in a beach chair for the last hour sunning myself and it’s been GREAT. Haven’t been bothered by anyone, despite the TONS of people here.

Nate
Wales

Post by Nate » Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:57 am

Fab suit too, love an Arena!

rmf

Post by rmf » Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:23 am

52dno98 wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:23 pm
Presently in the Florida Panhandle for America’s Independence Day holiday. As usual, I am the only person I’ve seen all day in Speedos.
Looks great and seems like you did beach chair service so you were able to secure some beach space with no CU issues. Arena has become my go-to summer suits this year. I almost bought that very same suit but I decided to let my kids pick out my suits and they chose some others instead. I found that at my size, Arena suits are 2 1/4 (6 cm) sides and it's perfect for me. I can't wait to get down there later this summer.....

52dno98
United States of America

Post by 52dno98 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:03 am

rmf wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:23 am
Looks great and seems like you did beach chair service so you were able to secure some beach space with no CU issues.
I asked the front desk at our condo and the lady said, “it’s tied up in the courts right now. Sit wherever you damn well want to.”
rmf wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:23 am
Arena has become my go-to summer suits this year. I almost bought that very same suit but I decided to let my kids pick out my suits and they chose some others instead. I found that at my size, Arena suits are 2 1/4 (6 cm) sides and it's perfect for me. I can't wait to get down there later this summer.....
Agreed. I prefer a briefer cut and Arena is about the briefest of the major manufacturers (excepting the Speedo solar, and Arenas aren’t THAT much wider than that). I just bought a Tyr brief and its fabric was WAY too thick and it was lined in both the front and back. The two Arenas I have are much more comfortable.