G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Speedo History from Wikipedia

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

Justin88

Speedo History from Wikipedia

Post by Justin88 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:48 pm

The following quote is from this Wiki entry
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speedo#History
Australian Peter Travis was recognised in 2008 for his invention of the Speedo bathing costume — or as the Sydney Morning Herald puts it, for creating the nation's best-loved stretch of nylon. Travis became a Member of the Order of Australia for his Speedo invention. He was also recognised for his work as a designer, sculptor, ceramicist, kite-maker and teacher. Travis invented the skimpy bathing costume while working for Speedo in 1961.

Travis says the crucial thing was to position the briefs on the hips, not the waist. He also cut the fabric on the side of the hips to just 5 cm deep. The report in the Sydney Morning Herald says the costume was an immediate hit, but did not go down well with the prudish.

'Bondi's beach inspector arrested the first man to wear the briefs on the beach, but Travis recalls that the magistrate did not pursue charges, because there was no pubic hair showing.'
I looked up 5cm. In English measure thats about a 2 inch side. Pretty amazing for back then.

-j-j

Cozzy

Re: Speedo History from Wikipedia

Post by Cozzy » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:31 pm

My Speedos are all 5cm, which I wear to the pool. How times have changed..and changed again...

<3 speedos
Singapore

Post by <3 speedos » Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:22 am

now I'm wearing 5 cm.
I used to wear 2 cm but no one in my country wear them so i switched to 5cm.
nil

Cozzy

Post by Cozzy » Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:18 am

<3 speedos wrote:now I'm wearing 5 cm.
2cm, Wow. Only wish we could get those sizes here!

Duncandude

Post by Duncandude » Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:45 am

I've loved speedos since I was a kid, long before I thought much about sex. They can't be all bad. lol

Even in a more "innocent" age, I don't think people were blind to the sexiness of speedos.

They really are the hottest thing a guy can wear in public and still be technically dressed.

Justin88

Post by Justin88 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:42 pm

Duncandude wrote:They really are the hottest thing a guy can wear in public and still be technically dressed.
They really are designed for a guys body. Guys and girls can wear thong or bikini styles. But really only a guy can wear a speedo.

<3 speedos
Singapore

Post by <3 speedos » Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:37 pm

Cozzy wrote:
it's available in Asia.
it's common in stores and they're cheap, but no one buys them
nil

speedoboi

Post by speedoboi » Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:00 pm

<3 speedos wrote:
Cozzy wrote:
it's available in Asia.
I don't understand, they're common in Asia and they're cheap, but no one buys them? :?

Duncandude

Post by Duncandude » Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:59 pm

Exactly. Why sell what nobody buys?

Maybe people do buy them but don't wear them in public. Maybe they buy them for athletic support when they go to gym, or something like that.

<3 speedos
Singapore

Post by <3 speedos » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:58 pm

Maybe they wear them elsewhere outside the swimming complex, I'm not sure. But no one wear them to the pool. People rather spend more money for square cuts or tights or 5cm speedos.
nil

Cozzy

Post by Cozzy » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:13 am

Hey, why don't you buy some lol! I'm sure people on this board would by them. I know I would be interested. Big profit to be made!

Justin88

Post by Justin88 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:32 pm

<3 speedos wrote:it's available in Asia.
Hey <3 speedos!

Like Cozzy says, buy some and sell them.... on ebay or direct. Post some pics here of what they look like. If they're hot, I'll buy from you!

-j-j

gezzerdon

Post by gezzerdon » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:17 am

I am interested in buying some 8)