G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

shaving

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

...:::sam:::...

Re: shaving

Post by ...:::sam:::... » Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:55 am

Scotty wrote:Sam, I had done some research at one point because I was considering it ... Most reputable places say that you will need multiple treatments for optimum results. The very un-scientific explanation I was given is that basically all of your hair follicles are not active at any one time. The laser needs to effectively heat up the hair enough to kill the follicle that it's growing from. So then when other follicles that did not have hair at the time of the treatment start to grow, you'll have more hair.

Again - I'm not trying to say that this is absolutely a correct answer; it was just the way that it was explained to me while I was researching hair removal options ...
Hi Scotty, I would agree with what you've found out and I think that's what I read and was told when I first had it done. As you've led to, the light travels the hair and then kills the follicle, but if there is no hair (from an inactive follicle) then the light and heat don't get to the follicle to kill it. Even now with the newer machines the hair still does grow back, but I think that hair will always eventually grow back again and Im guessing that this is from new hair follicles growing?????

Scotty

Post by Scotty » Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:26 am

Thanks for the follow-up, Sam ... it's good to hear from someone who's actually had it done ... :mrgreen:

Jor

Post by Jor » Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:11 am

I always thought I wasn't man enough because i was born hairless... but now i feel proud of it..
Never underestimate the underestimated

swimracer

Post by swimracer » Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:45 am

I shave down for swim meets & only shave the pubes when I am practiced up enough to break my best time for a swim race....a specific event where I need all the help ...les weight to best my old race time. This is for a masters swim race event.

I shave for open water/ocean, river & lake races of an unmeasure mile.

I use a triple blade with a glide strip on it or just a double edge & usually sensitive skin foam or gel or aloe foam/gel

I need a swim racer friend to help me with the next shave down.....we could go to the race together & have some fun along the way. i've got a great beachhouse at the New Jersey Shore....NOT THE TV SHOW!

It is real cool to cover a mate's body with extra virgin olive oil & shave down too. Roman Gladiators shaved with obsidian razor sharp stones & olive oil & then practiced.
I could enjoy seen shaving down with oil in public at a nude beach for kicks one day & then the race awaits!!!
any ocean milers ready for a gladiator oiled down shave?
Last edited by swimracer on Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

speedoboi

Post by speedoboi » Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:40 pm

Jor wrote:I always thought I wasn't man enough because i was born hairless... but now i feel proud of it..
Being manly has nothing to do with the amount of body hair you have the lack of body hair. But I must say that being a so hairy that you can't even see the person's body other than the hair is awful.

Comeau

Post by Comeau » Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:09 pm

Personally I like my men to have a bit of hair. I usually trim with scissors, but when I get lazy I just grab an electric razor and shave down to a number 1 or 2.

I'm not a fan of completely shaving at all. I hate the awkward stubble phase, and I definitely don't have the dedication or need to shave often.

Beach4WDer

Post by Beach4WDer » Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:21 am

I've been known to use a hair trimmer with a number two comb on it :mrgreen: Shaving one's groin is too tedious, looks kinda weird and like others have said, the inevitable stubble phase isn't pleasant :roll: