G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Overcoming hard ons?

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

texanswimmer83

Overcoming hard ons?

Post by texanswimmer83 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:48 am

What up, joined a month ago but due to classes i couldnt blog, but now that i'm on winter break i can blog now. 20 yr old recreational swimmer, no swimming background at all in my early years just discovered my love for being in the pool last summer, training to get into masters or a college club swim or water polo team. Gotta question here: been wearing speedos in the pool for like a year now but i still get hard ons while wearing them, ive tried masturbating before and after laps but still hard, should i wear them as underwear to reduce boners? open to anything here

Nate
Wales

Re: Overcoming hard ons?

Post by Nate » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:25 pm

I've had this problem and now and then it still occurs but I find that when I focus on my drills and swim technique that I usually forget that I'm wearing them.

The worst part is coming out of the changing room, having a pre-swim shower and then walking out to poolside. That's when I feel like it's most likely to occur so I tend to just focus on what equipment I need for my swim and quickly grab a pullbouy and kickboard and jump in the pool as quick as possible. Maybe try adjusting your goggles to make them a bit bigger/tighter so that as you walk out to poolside you have to focus on adjusting your goggles to fit?

Usually after 100m of warm-up the blood is flowing more to my arms and legs and less to 'down under'.

If I notice a hot girl (or guy) in the next lane and I feel a twinge - I try to focus on their swim technique and see if theirs is better or worse than mine. So if you focus more on the swimming aspect and less on the clothing or sexual aspect of it all then I'm sure you'll be fine.

Although - as I'm sure someone is going to pipe up and mention "It's a natural thing." - yes, it is, but it's fucking embarrasing when it does happen and somebody notices. So to avoid getting kicked out/laughed out of your local pool, think about your session :P

deadendwaterfall

Post by deadendwaterfall » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:49 pm

I just think to myself about something bad that has happened in the past, then my "hard on" goes away.

Nate
Wales

Post by Nate » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:41 pm

deadendwaterfall wrote:I just think to myself about something bad that has happened in the past, then my "hard on" goes away.

That seems a little depressing? I think i'd rather see a guy pop a woody at the bars than see him sobbing over his deceased cat haha

texanswimmer83

Post by texanswimmer83 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:08 pm

Nate wrote: If you focus more on the swimming aspect and less on the clothing or sexual aspect of it all then I'm sure you'll be fine.

Although - as I'm sure someone is going to pipe up and mention "It's a natural thing." - yes, it is, but it's fucking embarrasing when it does happen and somebody notices. So to avoid getting kicked out/laughed out of your local pool, think about your session :P
Yeah your right, but its never gotten in the way of training, and not that i'm ashamed of my body, or hard ons just dont like it when i get hard every 10 min like its middle school all over again, everytime i put the speedo on. You ever slept with one on?

diveguy
United States of America

Post by diveguy » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:11 am

Just count yourself as a lucky sonofabitch and enjoy it while it lasts! When you get older it doesn't happen without any effort as it does for you young guys.
Underwater and Speedo loving straight guy

texanswimmer83

Post by texanswimmer83 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:16 am

Nate wrote:
If I notice a hot girl (or guy) in the next lane and I feel a twinge - I try to focus on their swim technique and see if theirs is better or worse than mine. So if you focus more on the swimming aspect and less on the clothing or sexual aspect of it all then I'm sure you'll be fine.

Your right, its just everytime i put the speedo on, i get hard every 10 min like its middle school again, should i try sleeping in them?

swimcmk
United States of America

Post by swimcmk » Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:52 am

The constant hard on problem also happened to me all the time.I still have to deal with it some of the time. I tried different brands of swimwear. Each brand feels a little bit different. This helped me out a lot. I also wore speedos a lot when on one was around and I became accustom to the felling. I wear speedos in my back yard pool and at the gym. when i am at the gym i always keep a pair of board shorts close by and only take the shorts off when i am ready to swim.

Nate
Wales

Post by Nate » Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:34 am

texanswimmer83 wrote:
Nate wrote:

Your right, its just everytime i put the speedo on, i get hard every 10 min like its middle school again, should i try sleeping in them?
Maybe try wearing speedos underneath your shorts to begin with, when you get changed wander about the changing room in your speedo and take a shower. If you feel the urge and know it won't go down anytime soon then pop your shorts on - but the more often you walk around and the more it feels natural, you'll get used to it and the hard-ons should become less frequent?

Speedo1986
United States of America

Post by Speedo1986 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:38 pm

When I started wearing speedos, it was to swim at the pool at the gym. I, like most got a hard on shortly after putting my speedos on. What I found worked best for me was to take a quick cold shower before heading to the pool. When I finally overcame this issue, the issue started again the first time I wore my speedo to the beach. What I did to help with this was to go for a quick swim as soon as I could. This helped me and I hope it can help you.

adidas

Post by adidas » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:11 pm

Now that I'm a bit older I can control my erections better but many times I would become hard in my speedo. Normally I could cover it with my towel until I made it to the pool, but sometimes I'd sit in a toilet cubical and wait it out or quickly jump in the pool to hide.
When I was younger I was an exhibitionist and was often "caught" with an inappropriate boner by my teacher, older relatives and friends. It was only in my late teens that another friend had a boner at the same time that we both worked out what to do next ;)

Texas_swimmer
United States of America

Post by Texas_swimmer » Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:38 pm

I had the same problem when I first started wearing a speedo, of course it only happened right after I put it on. Now when I put one on it doesn't happen much. Here are some questions Im going to ask you and some are dumb but think about it. Also it could depend on the suit, is it really tight? Is it really loose? What material is it made out of? Are there mirrors around that can cause you to stare at yourself causing that? What is the temperature usually before you swim? Is there a lot of eye candy? I suggest just to relax, wear them around your room or house with the speedo on only to get used to it. Take a shower/bath in it or sleep in it. It may sound silly but it could work. I hope that helps.

o7
Life is too short to worry what other people think.

tanned bum

Post by tanned bum » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:40 am

I have never had the problem of an automatic hard on when I pull on a speedo and have wondered why I see so much on the subject.
I think there are a couple reasons. One, many guys use their speedos while masterbating so the little brain expects stimulation to follow so get ready. Next, the speedo makes you feel sexy and exposed and again, little brain is expecting more. If you wear the suit a lot around the house or as underwear so you and your body think of it primarily as a swimsuit or just a piece of clothing, you will be less apt to spring up when you put them on.

ReservedEnthusiast
Italy

Post by ReservedEnthusiast » Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:25 pm

It took me a while, and it still happens when I put on a new suit. I've worn them as underwear a few times, and I also try to not think about the other hot guys at the pool, at least until I get in the water. It's important to remind oneself that the other people generally could not care less about you or what you're wearing when you're at the gym, so contextualizing the situation should help you keep it under control. Lord knows I have to do that every time I go swimming with my friend who totally rocks a speedo; otherwise I'd be hard the whole time!

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:58 pm

Hmmm, interesting. For some reason, the only time I get full on hard in a speedo now is the first time putting on a new suit. Still, if I'm in the ocean and the water is really warm (near shore, it can get as high as 87F in the summer here), I can feel things perking up. Wearing a speedo in warm, tropical waters can be very sensual. And as Tanned said, I wear them a lot around the house, again because it's warm here.
Long time Speedo® lover

SpeedoSimone
Germany

Post by SpeedoSimone » Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:24 am

The way I control myself to not get an erection is singing in my head, particularly this song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fd9ohpDDCRU

Since an erection is nothing more than blood flowing inside the penis, I also try to imagine how blood flows when the penis softens. I know it sounds weird, but it works for me.

Scottiebum
Great Britain

Post by Scottiebum » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:34 am

You speak like this is a problem!
Straight
Scottish
Speedo

shadowsplash

Post by shadowsplash » Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:16 pm

texanswimmer83 wrote: should i try sleeping in them?
Why not, I tend to find swim briefs to stuffy to wear as underwear as they are thicker material than daily underwear but it may help if you sleep in them a few times, this happy moment is possibly due to the fact you were brought up wearing boxers all your life vs briefs, for me it wasnt a problem as I wore briefs.

Also bare in mind you are still young and that alone will get things up and going as a indication to others you want to breed, it stems back to when we were evolving possibly as a intelligent species back millions of years ago when we didn't wear clothes and still grunted like beasts, females were of course scared of the males then as death by giving birth was high, the rest is a discussion for another day...