G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

How much would you pay for white Team GB Speedos?

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

speedo_guy

How much would you pay for white Team GB Speedos?

Post by speedo_guy » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:06 am

I spotted these white trunks on ebay just as they were ending. Now, I'd really love a pair but I was a bit shocked by the final auction price!
If you paid that much would you dare wear them? it would be a shame not to!

London 2012 Olympic Games Team GB Adidas Swimming Trunks
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/190785603149? ... 1438.l2649

They're not Tom Daleys but he's modelling them for us here ;)
Attachments
tom_daley.jpg
tom_daley.jpg (36.77 KiB) Viewed 10448 times

Hungspeedoboi

Re: How much would you pay for white Team GB Speedos?

Post by Hungspeedoboi » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:33 am

I have a few pairs of those. Maybe I should put one on eBay. I definitely wear mine :-D

speedo_guy

Post by speedo_guy » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:36 am

wow how did you get them, if you don't mind me asking?

Nate
Wales

Post by Nate » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:33 pm

I have the navy and red pair that Adidas brought out but would love the white pair.

Spill the beans, Hungspeedoboi! :P

paddedfoot
Singapore

Post by paddedfoot » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:35 pm

yeah, i'd like to know how they're cropping up every so often on the auction sites but never appeared in stores too! sharing is caring

Hungspeedoboi

Post by Hungspeedoboi » Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:29 am

Found them on eBay very early on :)
Sometimes you gotta act quick! To be honest, I prefer the navy pair that's still commonly available on eBay for £20~

ronno
Australia

Post by ronno » Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:33 am

I bought a pair of the navy ones, $40 US dollars from Nottinghamshire to Perth. They were clearly bought from scalpers who snatched them up from the dozens of shops during the Games.
I honestly believe that the ones sold in shops were not the same as the ones worn by atheletes. All the Adidas gear sold in shops was made in China (Rule Brittania?). The stitching was shoddy and the fit was baggy. I suspect the gear given to atheletes under contract to Adidas were probably carefully sewn in British factories to ensure their products did not come apart during competitions?

Hungspeedoboi

Post by Hungspeedoboi » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:58 pm

Seriously Ronno?
They're much better at making clothes in China than they are in the UK, lol

I think the athletes clothes were "wear once" deals. If they were in ten races they had ten sets of their clothes. I've been happy with the quality of all my stuff. Did yours come with official tags when you bought it?

Nate
Wales

Post by Nate » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:09 am

Just found this auction on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Official- ... 6c9&_uhb=1

Bookmarked, gonna check back closer to the final date to see what the price is like. May throw in a last minute bid if the price is feasible, I really really want them!

ldn_speedo_boy

Post by ldn_speedo_boy » Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:40 am

I prefer the ones Speedo made for the Team GB squad pre-games.

Mainly because I wear a pair ;)

The only trouble with them is that they have British Gas in huge letters on the back!

tanned bum

Post by tanned bum » Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:36 pm

Unless they were worn by someone that got a medal, no more than retail. I have seen this mania before and people spending stupid amounts for a suit then a few months later is is released for retails sale and every store has a rack of them.
My only extravagant swim suit purchase was years ago when I bought a pair of Greg Louganis' trunks for $2000. The money was all going to charity so I was thinking more of the charity than owning the famous diver's suit. I actually wore it only one time for a pool party I had then donated it to an AIDS fund raiser. Happily is sold for almost $5000. (Having Greg in attendance didn't hurt. He offered me another suit to replace that one.)

Nate
Wales

Post by Nate » Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:21 am

Nate wrote:Just found this auction on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Official- ... 6c9&_uhb=1

Bookmarked, gonna check back closer to the final date to see what the price is like. May throw in a last minute bid if the price is feasible, I really really want them!
These trunks ended up selling for £510!! Even though they were a size too small, I had my eye on them and would've bid if the offers didn't get too high. As soon as the offers got over £100 in the last few hours I pulled out. Didn't expect them to go for that much!
tanned bum wrote:Unless they were worn by someone that got a medal, no more than retail. I have seen this mania before and people spending stupid amounts for a suit then a few months later is is released for retails sale and every store has a rack of them.
My only extravagant swim suit purchase was years ago when I bought a pair of Greg Louganis' trunks for $2000. The money was all going to charity so I was thinking more of the charity than owning the famous diver's suit. I actually wore it only one time for a pool party I had then donated it to an AIDS fund raiser. Happily is sold for almost $5000. (Having Greg in attendance didn't hurt. He offered me another suit to replace that one.)
That's a great story! £2000 donation to charity is an amazing feat in itself. Do you have a pic of the replacement trunks?

Hungspeedoboi

Post by Hungspeedoboi » Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:57 am

Nate: If I offered you a pair would you fly to Australia to come get them? :-P
Free sizing included :-P

Nate
Wales

Post by Nate » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:19 pm

Haha at least if that was the case, I'd be paying all that money for the speedos AND a holiday!

speedo_guy

Post by speedo_guy » Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:07 am

wow £510... I wish I had that kind of cash to spend, but then, that is quite a few pair of regular speedos. I must admit I got sucked into the auction to a point where I was bidding more than I should and as much as I wanted to win them I was relieved when I didn't. It's easy to get carried away when speedos are involved!

Norfcountryboy
Great Britain

Post by Norfcountryboy » Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:07 pm

Nah I wouldn't spend £510 on a pair, they look massively better than the blue ones, which I never bothered buying though but not about £490 better! White was team issue only and so not available in the shop. I agree with the previous comment that the Speedo/ Team GB/ British Gas ones look better, especially with Liam Hancock doing the honours...
http://i2.cdnds.net/12/09/618x928/gs_bi ... cock_7.jpg
Real men wear Speedo's

Nate
Wales

Post by Nate » Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:03 pm

Norfcountryboy wrote:Nah I wouldn't spend £510 on a pair, they look massively better than the blue ones, which I never bothered buying though but not about £490 better! White was team issue only and so not available in the shop. I agree with the previous comment that the Speedo/ Team GB/ British Gas ones look better, especially with Liam Hancock doing the honours...
http://i2.cdnds.net/12/09/618x928/gs_bi ... cock_7.jpg
A pair of these just went on eBay for £31. Beating my £30 bid with 2 seconds left to go, I'm heartbroken.

paddedfoot
Singapore

Post by paddedfoot » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:13 pm

oops, i have a bad feeling that might have been me. haha sorry nate! my max bid must've been higher.
Attachments
Photo on 2013-02-20 at 00.00.jpg
british gas speedos
Photo on 2013-02-20 at 00.00.jpg (49.94 KiB) Viewed 9046 times

Nate
Wales

Post by Nate » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:01 pm

paddedfoot wrote:oops, i have a bad feeling that might have been me. haha sorry nate! my max bid must've been higher.
Haha you bastard! You look very good in them though so I'm glad they've gone to a good home :P

Speedoaddict
Great Britain

Post by Speedoaddict » Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:42 pm

I would love a pair of the white team go trunks. Same as Nate I have the London 2012 and 2 pairs of commonwealth games trunks.
I have seen the trunks on eBay for anything from £250-£400. rediculous. .
Love speedos, running shorts, rugby shorts, Aussie rules footy shorts.