G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Tom Daley comes out

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

Nate
Wales

Tom Daley comes out

Post by Nate » Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:12 am

To a lot of people this was just a matter of time, to few this was a shock. Tom Daley, popular British Olympic diver has come out as bisexual in a YouTube video. Tom states that although he does still fancy girls, he is currently dating a boy.

To me, this wasn't much of a surprise, I always had a feeling that he was that way inclined - and a big part of me was hoping this day would come for a long time haha turns out all the time I kept my fingers crossed worked!

It goes without saying it's incredibly brave of Daley to come out and reveal his personal life to the world, good on him. I personally see Tom as a role model when it comes to athleticism and of course, when it comes to sporting the speedo briefs! It's hard to find anyone else that gives such a good name to the garment in the public eye.

I'm already a big fan of Tom Daley's sporting success and wish him all the best in Rio 2016 and other future events. Let's just hope that the media treat him with respect and don't invade his personal life and tarnish his reputation.

Good on ya' Tom! On behalf of the entire speedo wearing community! :P

ThisCreteGuy

Re: Tom Daley comes out

Post by ThisCreteGuy » Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:59 am

I agree with your sentiments entirely, Nate.

Good on 'im.

swimtimx

Post by swimtimx » Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:48 pm

As you said, not a surprise really, but good on him for coming out .. yay!

Now I can lust after his gay body .. hehe.
--Tim

SpeedoBE
Belgium

Post by SpeedoBE » Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:29 pm

Agree with you too Nate.

Wondering who the lucky guy might be... ;-)

Boywear
Great Britain

Post by Boywear » Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:44 pm

Well said Nate, totally agree with all points!

He came out in the best and most personal way, better than anything spread all over the papers etc,

He must have the best Speedo collection!
London - Addicted Speedo Swimmer - Always open for a speedo Chat

5t9
Canada

Post by 5t9 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:56 pm

Well, it's all been said already, but, yes, how can I not wonder, who is the lucky guy? Tom-tom is so totally adorable in all respects.

paspeedo
United States of America

Post by paspeedo » Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:26 am

If he is happy, that's all that matters. He shouldn't be judged by his preference. Sadly, many people from the older generation and few from the younger generation will disagree with me.

From another website, they posted a picture link who his BF is. I cant take credit for this, or validate the accurateness:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bae8qjtIMAAUzt_.jpg:large

Zwimmer
Great Britain

Post by Zwimmer » Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:23 pm

Good luck to him! and indeed a brave step.

In his message he said he still fancied girls. So does it make him bi-... honestly I don't care. But i guess he needs his fan base. But he is young and his ideas will develop and mature over time.

Great body etc, and it would be fun to do a tumble turn with him, but he has never been my type... sorry Tom :)

PeterSF

Post by PeterSF » Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:05 pm

And how great, and sensible, and positive, to come out by saying he's in a relationship and finds it fulfilling - and what a surprise it was when it happened. And leave it ambiguous, true to life. Rather than just 'Hey, I'm gay (or bi-, or whatever).'

A wise head on that appealing body.

diveguy
United States of America

Post by diveguy » Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:20 am

I too am happy for him, and I never gave it any thought because I frankly don't care one way or another. Just hoping that the "signs" that folks are picking up on (and that I'm not sensitive enough to notice in this case) are something more than just that he's a good looking dude in a Speedo. For me the only thing that matters to me personally is that he's a great athlete that excels in his sport, and that I like that platform divers still wear very small briefs. Because I like that type of swimwear, not because I'm staring at the dudes wearing them. And I don't automatically think "gay" when I see a guy in a Speedo, because I love speedos and know that other straight guys do too. So good for Tom and continued happiness in his personal life and success in diving competitions.
Underwater and Speedo loving straight guy

ThisCreteGuy

Post by ThisCreteGuy » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:11 pm

His boyfriend looks pretty hot too.

Unfortunate location for a photo though. If you can read the T shirt in the background
it says - LOVE is for LOSERS.
Attachments
7698_249045941918703_2090136613_n[2].jpg
7698_249045941918703_2090136613_n[2].jpg (36.67 KiB) Viewed 6838 times

Nate
Wales

Post by Nate » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:43 pm

Apparantly that's not his boyfriend, just a friend of his. Rumour has it (so its probably not true) is that his boyfriend is a script-writer in his late 30's.

But what does it matter? The media are hunting high and low to find out who the lucky guy is, every photo he has near a guy is being published with "THIS IS TOMS BF!!"

Whoever the guy is - he's one lucky bastard haha

5t9
Canada

Post by 5t9 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:47 pm

And the lucky bastard is...(according to the Toronto Metro, of Thursday Dec. 5th, in the Metro Dish column)..."...Oscar-winning screen-writer Dustin Lance Black according to E! News..."

(The Toronto Metro is 'headlines only' rag given out for free on the transit)

Norfcountryboy
Great Britain

Post by Norfcountryboy » Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:46 pm

I have mixed feelings about this. While it is brave of him to be so open I suspect it might have been forced on him by the gutter press, who willfully confuse "Public interest" with public purience. Maybe I'm wrong but I suspect a paper might have been getting ready to "Out" him and he felt obliged to spike their guns by doing it himself so they wouldn't have their exclusive.
Also I've noticed how the rather important detail about "I still fancy girls"has been pretty much ignored. Every paper I saw in the station that day pretty much said "Tom Daley comes out as gay". It shouldn't surprise me that this is the public level of understanding of bisexuality, after all the number of role models who swing both ways- a subject which is important to me- is negliable and if you see characters in films who have relationships with men and women they are usually portrayed as untrustworthy. Typical bisexual character: posh terrorist!
Probably also grist to the mill of twats who think Speedo wearers are gay but hey who cares what they think.
Good luck Tom and his BF.
Real men wear Speedo's

Norfcountryboy
Great Britain

Post by Norfcountryboy » Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:52 pm

Sorry, reading back my post it sounds like a bit of a rant. I do have a low opinion of the Media ever since I walked past Leeds Infirmary when TopGear presenter Richard Hammond was "Fighting for his life" after a stunt went wrong. The road was thronged with gouls and outside broadcast vans. When they learnt he was going to live they all fucked off.
Real men wear Speedo's