G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Running attire?

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

bluespeedo

Running attire?

Post by bluespeedo » Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:00 pm

Anyone here a runner? If so, what are your feelings on tights? I figure they're similar to speedos in some ways.

Blue

runnerguy
United States of America

Re: Running attire?

Post by runnerguy » Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:17 pm

Yes I love my running gear, I also enjoy wearing my running tights.

bluespeedo wrote:Anyone here a runner? If so, what are your feelings on tights? I figure they're similar to speedos in some ways.

Blue
Attachments
image.jpg
Running tights
image.jpg (5.72 KiB) Viewed 9615 times

runnerguy
United States of America

Post by runnerguy » Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:19 pm

Also love my blue speedos.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (30.32 KiB) Viewed 9614 times

ffboy357

Post by ffboy357 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:39 am

Oh, yeah!
You may say .... about running tights.
I have a few pairs - using them all the time.

They running in tights are enjoyable and comfortable as they are designed for running.

However, most people wear them wrongly by putting on a pair of underwear beneath them.
For example, Nike Dri-Fit or other similar tights are designed to support and wick moisture from your body. Putting on underwear and sweating heavily one can cause health problems down there - and I am telling this from personal experience. You may say - I learned how to wear tights properly in the hard way.

runnerguy
United States of America

Post by runnerguy » Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:33 am

I like seeing them being worn "the hard way"

fbanks
United States of America

Post by fbanks » Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:50 pm

I love running in tights or compression shorts. Never wear underwear with them. However, I do wear a thong or slingshot underneath. Keeps my parts snugged in place, prevents that awful 'rubbed raw' feeling which may start out feeling good at first ... then becoming not so nice. It also 'enhances' my bulge a little ... ok, a lot ... and best of all, almost no lines in the back! Same goes for bike shorts ...
Check My Collection in Photos ... always adding new pictures! Fletch.

...:::sam:::...
Australia

Post by ...:::sam:::... » Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:39 am

I do a lot of running and always run in "Skins". I use them to stop chafe more than anything else. Personally, I never wear anything under skins and usually wear shorts over them.

bluespeedo

Post by bluespeedo » Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:29 pm

...:::sam:::... wrote:Personally, I never wear anything under skins and usually wear shorts over them.

I always just go in straight up tights. It's great!

Snowbrief
United States of America

Post by Snowbrief » Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:21 pm

Most compression gear is designed to be worn without anything underneath them, or with another dryfit type gear. I like to have control over my crotch so I normally wear a UA or Adidas jock strap under the tights, or else my dick ends up going into obvious places, and deciding to have a mind of its own!

Cycling gear is wholly different, must go solo with the shorts, but never thought about the thong route?
Let's keep it brief.

Speedo_arena
United States of America

Post by Speedo_arena » Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:17 pm

If it is below 45F, I wear running tights. If it is 25F I tend to wear 2 layers of them. I don't wear underwear under them but sometimes wear a microfiber jock. I never wear shorts over the tights

When it above 45F, I wear lycra shorts that come to just above the knee. No chafing, no swishing sound when you run. For cycling, I have been riding for years and only wear cycling shorts. One should never wear underwear underneath as it defeats the purpose of the chamois pad and its ability to cut down on crotch rot or saddle sores during long rides .

ffboy357

Post by ffboy357 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:41 am

Can't imagine cycling with a thong underneath.
Maybe just for fun and a short (very short) ride.

Otherwise, if you go seriously on a long ride with a thong underneath - I just see pain!

fbanks
United States of America

Post by fbanks » Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:24 am

Ohhhh ... it definitely has to the right one! No worst than trying to use a jockstrap or having a bad-fitting pair of shorts and sitting on a hard seat. Most of my thongs are fashion/underwear and would not work at all. I do have one specific style that is cottony, stretchy, has a flatter back strap, and is seamless that works very well. Like it so much, I stocked up with half a dozen and quite often, use them in place of jockstraps. Better than dealing with those annoying ass-straps!
Check My Collection in Photos ... always adding new pictures! Fletch.

T419

Post by T419 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:23 am

I run a lot in summer and less so in winter/autumn. I tend to just wear footy shorts running, but in the colder months I love my 2xu tights.

They also make you feel like a super hero :P
2013-07-17 14.15.30 (496x640).jpg
2013-07-17 14.15.30 (496x640).jpg (181.12 KiB) Viewed 8167 times

speedy-guy

Post by speedy-guy » Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:40 am

ffboy357 wrote:Can't imagine cycling with a thong underneath.
Maybe just for fun and a short (very short) ride.

Otherwise, if you go seriously on a long ride with a thong underneath - I just see pain!
Nor can I. It seems to defeat the purpose. I'd have thought it'd also make things hotter and more sweaty too.

If I'm really in a hurry, I've got a skin-suit that also happens to have pockets at the back so it is useful for long rides. I rarely use it though, it was extremely costly.

As for running, just skins with some shorts over them. Might have to do a pic like the one above. ;)

runswimlove

Post by runswimlove » Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:28 pm

I ran track in high school and still run for fitness, and personally I don't find tights all that comfortable. I run in a jockstrap to keep everything tucked in nice and snug, and pretty short shorts so my legs can move easily.

T419

Post by T419 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:54 am

Sorry, I should have clarified... I tend to wear a jock underneath too. Simply because I like the support.

speedy-guy

Post by speedy-guy » Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:37 am

How many of you would ride in this?

It's only for those once or twice a year occasions when every bit of speed matters. It's expensive, odd to wear and it only fits properly when you are tucked down. It also doesn't leave a lot to the imagination either.

runnerguy
United States of America

Post by runnerguy » Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:57 am

Like to do a personal inspection to make sure things are properly tucked down.

...:::sam:::...
Australia

Post by ...:::sam:::... » Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:16 am

Doesnt look like a particularly well designed suit to me.

beachbum

Post by beachbum » Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:07 am

T419 wrote:I run a lot in summer and less so in winter/autumn. I tend to just wear footy shorts running, but in the colder months I love my 2xu tights.

They also make you feel like a super hero :P
2013-07-17 14.15.30 (496x640).jpg
I dunno how they would make me feel like, but I know they curve your bum perfectly, mmmmm.