G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

A trend I have noticed

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

Texas_swimmer
United States of America

A trend I have noticed

Post by Texas_swimmer » Sat May 03, 2014 4:03 pm

Hey all, lately when going to the beach or pool this past month I have noticed a trend.
It seems whenever I go to relax by the pool or beach guys in boardshorts tend to roll up their suits when they are tanning next to their gf or just in general. Like today at my apartment pool I was reading and tanning on one of the chairs while wearing my short Speedo swim shorts and this guy came in with the typical long boardies and rolled them up to tan. I kinda thought it was funny how guys will do this yet we are deftly afraid to wear a swim brief. I know I dont have the guts yet to wear them out publicly but it kinda gives me this feeling that there are other guys want to wear swim briefs but are too damn afraid like me lol.

Anyway just thought I would share my observations.
Life is too short to worry what other people think.

runswimlove

Re: A trend I have noticed

Post by runswimlove » Sun May 04, 2014 12:37 am

I've noticed that too! Maybe the next step is short shorts, and then speedos...

swimdude
United States of America

Post by swimdude » Sun May 04, 2014 2:32 pm

Maybe runswimlove, but I do notice on regular guys and some lifeguards that wear boardshorts do it.

runswimlove

Post by runswimlove » Sun May 04, 2014 3:05 pm

Oh, yeah! I meant that maybe these guys who roll their board shorts up will start wearing shorter shorts and then eventually speedos. Wishful thinking I guess lol.

frankjath

Post by frankjath » Sun May 04, 2014 5:14 pm

I its really silly when guys do this. Anyway what's stopping you from wearing a speedo no one cares. I went to the beach this weekend and it was so hot so everyone was at the beach. Parts of the beach that never are occupied had tons of people. As far as I could tell I was the only one wearing a speedo however, I do see from time to time square cuts or jammers at the beach.

Just wear your shorts over your speedo then when you get to the pool take the shorts off at first you might feel exposed but the more you do it you will get use to it. I don't even think about it anymore. I even walk back to my car in my speedo even when there are large crowds of people and know one says anything and I don't care what people think.

paspeedo
United States of America

Post by paspeedo » Sun May 04, 2014 9:45 pm

frankjath wrote: I even walk back to my car in my speedo even when there are large crowds of people and know one says anything and I don't care what people think.
Frank hit the nail on the head there--You cant live life worrying what other people would think!

Nate
Wales

Post by Nate » Mon May 05, 2014 3:25 am

I think their side of the 'argument' is that when you roll up your shorts you have more tan coverage without showing off a 'bulge' like in a speedo. I think alot of men don't like the fact that in a Speedo you can see a bulge, whether they think they're bulge is too small or they feel too exposed they simply prefer a pair of shorts where you can't really see a bulge in the rolled up fabric.

P.S how great is the word 'bulge' haha

speedy-guy

Post by speedy-guy » Mon May 05, 2014 4:16 am

It's silly isn't it. You see the same thing with newbie bike riders - afraid of the same thing.

markuswolf09
United States of America

Post by markuswolf09 » Mon May 05, 2014 12:12 pm

If so, I hope to see more diversity in swimwear choices for men in department/clothing stores in the US soon. Boardies are fine for walking around in but certainly not for swimming in!

karlos
Great Britain

Post by karlos » Mon May 05, 2014 12:43 pm

The big problem though is most guys tend to wear what's in fashion or viewed as attractive to the opposite sex.

As there seams to be this big divide between females being socially allowed to walk around in next to nothing or tight clothing. But the second a guy were to wear something that's even slightly fitted or revealing he's instantly labelled as being gay, unattractive or showing off, so most end up like sheep and follow the crowd to fit in.

I'm been getting the exact immature attitude for one particular female during my recent swimming lessons, as apparently a young skinny guy shouldn't wear a pair of jammer to swim in as they aren't attractive and are too revealing. Although somehow she's recently quit the lessons after not getting anywhere with the lessons (too worried about what others are doing or wearing) and I've stuck with it and can almost do a length from starting just 8 weeks ago. So for all her weekly nonsense about what guys should or should wear, who's had the last laugh.

Eaite Randjam
United States of America

Post by Eaite Randjam » Thu May 08, 2014 8:03 am

karlos wrote:The big problem though is most guys tend to wear what's in fashion or viewed as attractive to the opposite sex.

As there seams to be this big divide between females being socially allowed to walk around in next to nothing or tight clothing. But the second a guy were to wear something that's even slightly fitted or revealing he's instantly labelled as being gay, unattractive or showing off, so most end up like sheep and follow the crowd to fit in.

I'm been getting the exact immature attitude for one particular female during my recent swimming lessons, as apparently a young skinny guy shouldn't wear a pair of jammer to swim in as they aren't attractive and are too revealing. Although somehow she's recently quit the lessons after not getting anywhere with the lessons (too worried about what others are doing or wearing) and I've stuck with it and can almost do a length from starting just 8 weeks ago. So for all her weekly nonsense about what guys should or should wear, who's had the last laugh.
That's some good proof that ignorance never really benefits. Casting one's negativity upon others only serves to hold one's self back.

Snowbrief
United States of America

Post by Snowbrief » Sun May 11, 2014 11:31 am

Running shorts are beginning to become more practical like they were in the 80's, at thigh length, and the extra long basketball shorts are ever so slowly rising up over the knee but still have a long way to go. So with the grotesque length of board shorts, a guy has to roll them up so they don't have such a ridiculous looking tan line while wearing something practical.....or, maybe their woman finally told them how vanilla they looked waist down.....
Nate wrote:P.S how great is the word 'bulge' haha
And yes Nate, it is!
Let's keep it brief.