G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Other guys opinion

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

uni swimmer

Other guys opinion

Post by uni swimmer » Sun May 25, 2014 4:02 am

Hi guys I've read a lot about guys feeling embarrassed to wear a speedo to the pool or to buy one from a store. My question is to guy who work it spots stores or who work at the pool.

What do guys think about seeing another guy I'm speedos. Do the lifeguards, are they like oh my god you should of seen this guy in a speedo.

Hopefully you get the gist of the question. Do guys judge other guys?

Nate
Wales

Re: Other guys opinion

Post by Nate » Sun May 25, 2014 10:51 am

Hi!
I work as a lifeguard in numerous pools and to answer your question - do we judge? Hell no. We see club swimmers every day wear speedos, we see adults swim laps in lane swimming sessions in speedos and we see families in speedos during family sessions (although the latter is very rare, i admit)
As a speedo wearer, I understand the thoughts running through a guys head when he walks onto poolside in a brief. I felt naked, I felt exposed and I felt as if all eyes were on me and everyone was thinking "What is that guy wearing?" so whenever someone walks in with a speedo on I like to flash a smile and a "good morning" or whatever to make them feel at ease, hopefully they appreciate it.

We roll our eyes at men and boys in massive boardshorts cos they are more likely to struggle when out of their depth, so we tend to keep an eye on them a little more than a man in a speedo.

Saying that, there is a difference between a 'speedo' and a 'thong' or a 'bikini bottom' - I wouldn't recommend wearing anything thinner than 1 inch sides or anything that doesn't cover your bum cheeks.

Hope this helps give an insight to a lifeguards thoughts and feeling on speedos :)

DrD

Post by DrD » Thu May 29, 2014 4:07 am

As a fairly recent convert I've got to say I have had NO worries with wear speedos to swim at the pool. Most of the other swimmers wear similar (trunks, jammers and speedos) so it's not like it's unusual. The club kids and adults wear the same so it's sort of common and not unusual at all.
Confidence can do a lot - if you look like you are comfortable then everyone will assume you are and not even bother to notice them.
Trust me swimming in speedos is 100% better than board shorts!

Norfcountryboy
Great Britain

Post by Norfcountryboy » Fri May 30, 2014 3:57 pm

Nate wrote:
We roll our eyes at men and boys in massive boardshorts cos they are more likely to struggle when out of their depth, so we tend to keep an eye on them a little more than a man in a speedo.
Mwa Ha Ha! Says it all, really.
Real men wear Speedo's

Snowbrief
United States of America

Post by Snowbrief » Sat May 31, 2014 12:35 pm

Nate wrote: Hope this helps give an insight to a lifeguards thoughts and feeling on speedos :)
Another wise statement from the wise speedo ambassador from Wales, well said Nate!
Let's keep it brief.

gx0100
Wales

Post by gx0100 » Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:16 am

Nate wrote:As a speedo wearer, I understand the thoughts running through a guys head when he walks onto poolside in a brief. I felt naked, I felt exposed and I felt as if all eyes were on me and everyone was thinking "What is that guy wearing?" so whenever someone walks in with a speedo on I like to flash a smile and a "good morning" or whatever to make them feel at ease, hopefully they appreciate it.
I see you're in south Wales... that's where I grew up myself :-)

It's nice to know there are some lifeguards out there not judging us speedo wearers. I did used to feel singled out in the local 'Rec' - guys my age didn't tend to wear speedos there! Could have done with a friendly smile from the lifeguard!!