G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Going to the beach alone?

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

Texas_swimmer
United States of America

Going to the beach alone?

Post by Texas_swimmer » Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:09 pm

Hey guys I was wanting to ask how often do y'all go to the beach alone? I am contemplating on going tomorrow by myself so I can wear my swim brief and get a good tan. Im just a little apprehensive about going and being judged, I know its a stupid thing to worry about but my anxiety is really bad. I figured if I go I would take a few books to read, water, some towels and a change of clothes. Other than that I have no idea how long I will stay, I can tan but I dont want to be out to long. I really want a speedo tan but I don't want to have to fake bake in a tanning booth because of the health risks.

Any who if you want to share your beach adventures I don't mind reading them.
Life is too short to worry what other people think.

tombstone

Re: Going to the beach alone?

Post by tombstone » Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:33 pm

i always go to the beach alone... :) sometimes i need a friend but being alone is better i think...
tomorrow i am going on a boat tour... amazing pix are on the way ;)

fbanks
United States of America

Post by fbanks » Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:32 am

Hi. I do it quite often. I was apprehensive the first couple of times, worried what others would think, but quickly got over it. Probably because I quickly realized that nobody seemed to really care. I bring a towel, small beach chair, water, books, mp3 player, couple of suits and sunscreen. Spray-on works best for the back! Now, I don't even think twice about setting up a little area, stripping off my clothes and stretching out in the sun, sitting in my chair, and walking down the water ... in only a Speedo. Very peaceful and relaxing. And, I have made some 'beach friends' along the way. It's all good. GO FOR IT!!! You probably won't regret it.
Check My Collection in Photos ... always adding new pictures! Fletch.

_su_
United States of America

Post by _su_ » Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:00 am

My wife kept telling me I better not wear speedos to the beach, or she'd have to beat the gay guys off of me (she meant that in a complimentary way). So instead, I'd wear the shortest shorts I could find, usually some Andrew Christians:
http://www.andrewchristian.com/index.php/7316-nvy.html
http://www.andrewchristian.com/index.ph ... -2812.html
http://www.andrewchristian.com/index.php/7319-nvy.html
Well, I still got stared at even in those. So one weekend while she was away, I went to a remote beach to try wearing a Speedo. It was great! There was literally no one else there I could see. Except for an hour later, a coworker comes running along the shore! He never looked over at me, but I'm pretty sure he saw me all laid out in my Speedo. So there was no where to hide, and no way he could have missed me or not recognized me. So after that I figured it really doesn't matter who sees me. And why should his opinion of me matter? If they don't want to see you in your Speedo, it's their decision whether to continue looking at you or not.

So now I go running in my Speedo, alone, even on the popular beach, with zero regret or hesitation. My wife can't keep up with my running speed, so she doesn't go with me. I go about 3-4 times a week, after work, and 1-2 times on the weekend, usually around sunrise or sunset. And absolutely no one seems to mind. This one young lady said something like "you're a saint for doing that!" Just wear it confidently and don't worry about the opinions of people you don't know and don't matter to you. Whatever you wear, you'll find someone who takes offense, so know that, and go with it.

I admit, it's not an actual Speedo brand I wear, but I usually wear the aussiebum precision machete with the wonderjock, so if someone does want to look, it'll be worth their while. And while it may provide a hair more coverage than a Speedo brand, I wear it low just like their models do. I want those tan lines too! See my running outfit, pics posted lower down in the thread:
http://www.thespeedoforum.com/viewtopic ... 1&t=137887

Also, from your profile pic, your physique looks identical to mine, so I don't think you should worry, if my experiences are a reference.
Speedo tanlines - making you even easier to find in the dark...

zaps
United States of America

Post by zaps » Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:35 pm

There's not a beach very close to me, but I went river kayaking the other day in a square cut speedo and enjoyed it a lot. I passed quite a few people on the river and didn't really notice any negative attention. I went by myself because I had a rough few days at work and wanted the alone time to relax in the sun.

While I haven't had a whole lot of opportunities this summer, so far I have avoided wearing a pair of shorts when in the water. It's been mostly a square cut, but with some time that may morph to a brief, but that may be another summer away.

Snowbrief
United States of America

Post by Snowbrief » Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:33 pm

Well Texas, did you? I certainly hope that you did and it was a wonderful turning point where now you feel comfortable enough to do this again.

You, my speedo friend, would be a fantastic ambassador for speedo wearing in Texas. Your speedoing would make Texas a better place......so much better then JR!
Let's keep it brief.

Snowbrief
United States of America

Post by Snowbrief » Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:53 pm

_su_ wrote:My wife kept telling me I better not wear speedos to the beach, or she'd have to beat the gay guys off of me (she meant that in a complimentary way). So instead, I'd wear the shortest shorts I could find, usually some Andrew Christians:
http://www.andrewchristian.com/index.php/7316-nvy.html
http://www.andrewchristian.com/index.ph ... -2812.html
http://www.andrewchristian.com/index.php/7319-nvy.html
su, I'm the type of guy that spends as much time looking at the guys as the ladies, and must say, these AC shorts say more gay then straight. Now with that said, I would have enjoyed looking at you in these shorts just as much as if you were in a speedo!
Let's keep it brief.

_su_
United States of America

Post by _su_ » Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:37 am

Tex, the suspense is killing me! :) Did you go?

_su_
United States of America

Post by _su_ » Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:56 am

Snowbrief wrote:su, I'm the type of guy that spends as much time looking at the guys as the ladies, and must say, these AC shorts say more gay then straight. Now with that said, I would have enjoyed looking at you in these shorts just as much as if you were in a speedo!
I've wondered that myself and decided I don't care. People will form their own opinions no matter what, and I'm not going to let that interfere with my life. Just like I'm "that guy" who wears a Speedo to the beach, I'm also the first one on stage for karaoke, while everyone else waits til the last second to sing something, and then the bar closes and they missed their chance.

And thanks, I have noticed more attention from the men when in the shorts. "Hi boys!"

Snowbrief
United States of America

Post by Snowbrief » Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:59 am

Well said my brief wearing friend.
Let's keep it brief.

Texas_swimmer
United States of America

Post by Texas_swimmer » Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:41 pm

Sorry to say I did not go at all this week. I am currently dealing with some family issues at the moment. I hope to go sometime this week on one of my off days from work. I will let y'all know how it goes.
Life is too short to worry what other people think.

smooth54
Great Britain

Post by smooth54 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:35 pm

I have been to the beach today and yes I was alone, its my day off and my wife works on Mondays, I put on my white Speedos and off I went yes I did get a few looks I am not the most toned guy but so what I love wearing Speedo type swim trunks and if people want to stare thats there problem

fbanks
United States of America

Post by fbanks » Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:19 pm

Good for you. Love the attitude!
Check My Collection in Photos ... always adding new pictures! Fletch.

electric2010
United States of America

Post by electric2010 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:37 am

That was great. Hope you had a great day.

Snowbrief
United States of America

Post by Snowbrief » Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:23 am

Texas_swimmer wrote:Sorry to say I did not go at all this week. I am currently dealing with some family issues at the moment. I hope to go sometime this week on one of my off days from work. I will let y'all know how it goes.
I hope you had the chance to finally make the trip Tex, and hoping the family is all okay? They can be trying times.
Let's keep it brief.

ncstr8male
United States of America

Post by ncstr8male » Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:40 pm

I've debated going solo too. I'm off through the week and my wife can only go with me every other weekend. I just don't think I would be secure enough to speedo by myself. Wish I had a speedo buddy. Nothing gay, just another straight guy to hang with.

pooablo
Canada

Post by pooablo » Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:56 pm

I don't mind going to the beach alone but, then again, I go to the nude/gay beach in Toronto so wearing a speedo isn't a big deal.

I like the beach because it is a diverse crowd mixed with straight and gay people. I've seen a few straight dudes hang out in their speedos there too. :)

_su_
United States of America

Post by _su_ » Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:59 am

ncstr8male wrote:I've debated going solo too. I'm off through the week and my wife can only go with me every other weekend. I just don't think I would be secure enough to speedo by myself. Wish I had a speedo buddy. Nothing gay, just another straight guy to hang with.
Suggestion for this site: a member location pushpin map. Each forum member gets 1 pushpin to put on the map to mark their location. If you want to meet up to speedo with a local, consult the map and send them a private message. This would be different than one of those site visitor location trackers, because some people visit the site while traveling, and thus would be very confusing. Another option would require users to list their geographic location in their profile (currently optional), and place those on a map automatically from the registration data. Just an idea.

paspeedo
United States of America

Post by paspeedo » Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:35 am

I think a few of us are in teh same boat--I usually end up going myself as well, and would like to have a buddy to hang out with. Again, nothing gay either, but I think everyone is hesitant meeting people on this site. I have posted many times to organize a beach trip just to hang out with everyone and most times dont even get a post on the thread.

I know with other sites in on (bikes and cars), we meet and have a great time--most people have become some of by best friends, and I think this could be the case here.

scottishSpeedo
Great Britain

Post by scottishSpeedo » Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:35 pm

Best way to deal with the "glarers" "tutters" "moral majority types" is just to stare back, wave, smile and ask EXTREMELY loudly "Can I help you xyz person?" "Can you please stop staring at me yxz" "Yes its a speedo, never seen one before?" etc etc etc....
Amazing how many scuttle off when challenged or suddenly deny looking in your direction etc...
Best defence is a good offence...make them realise your standing your ground and if bothers them they can leave, your obeying the law, so there's nothing they can do, realised a while ago that the cops would just laugh at them or write THEM a ticket for wasting police time (likely much to the amusement of everyone else)
A lot of "them" are bullies plain and simple, the type that wants to be block capt and tell everyone else what to do, or wishes they had the courage themselves to wear one, or simply are just loony prudes who would be offended at victorian full body clothing....