G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Swimathon

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

PeterSF

Swimathon

Post by PeterSF » Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:16 am

Anyone else in the UK planning to enter the Swimathon this year? Let's see if we can have plenty of speedos in evidence!

Nate
Wales

Re: Swimathon

Post by Nate » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:48 am

Yes! I am indeed.

Last year I did the 5k Swimathon in Swansea National Pool and raised shitloads of cash for Sport Relief, it was a great day, enjoyed the training, enjoyed the swim, really pleased with my overall time of 01 hour 31 minutes.

This year I'm extremely pleased to say I'll be swimming in the London Aquatic Centre in April for this years Swimathon (5k). I've booked the tickets already so going to have a nice 3 and a half hour train journey to London, swim, then head back onto the train for the journey home. Should be exhausting but fun, I've been waiting for the opportunity to swim in the Olympic pool since the Summer Games in 2012. Hoping to get my time in under 1 hour 30 minutes.

Training is on hold at the moment as I have a severe life-threatening case of man flu. Fingers crossed I'll pull through.

Briefsdave
Great Britain

Post by Briefsdave » Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:46 am

Good luck in April......keep us in touch with your progress/ training.
I'd love to have a swim in the Olympic pool...... I'm in Bristol, so a lot closer than you....must get round to organising a visit...

speedodemon

Post by speedodemon » Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:27 pm

Good luck Swimathon guys. When I lived in the UK I always intended to take part but never did. I did do a inner Sydney Harbour swim to Cockatoo Island (2.4 km) in November though, which felt a great achievement - slow but steady. You are doing more than twice that distance so all power to your elbows, I mean arms and legs!

Snowbrief
United States of America

Post by Snowbrief » Sat Feb 07, 2015 2:26 pm

Nate,
Awesome, you doing this two years in a row, and have to say, mighty jealous of one who gets to swim in an olympic sized pool that Olympian's have swam in in.....you rock!
Let's keep it brief.

PeterSF

Post by PeterSF » Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:38 pm

'Training' has been pathetic over the last couple of months, but now getting into the swing of it. Partly winter blues, partly work... now that spring is almost here, the energy levels are rising. Managed 1.5km front crawl on Wednesday (most of that in drag shorts, but last few lengths in Aqux speedos, to remind me what it really feels like!). Thanks, Nat, for putting me on to the Total Immersion approach (and http://www.swimsmooth.com has been a great help too).

Anyone want to sponsor me, let me know! Next year - Olympic size pool.

Snowbrief
United States of America

Post by Snowbrief » Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:45 pm

Peter/Nate,
May the tide turn to the betterment of your health and success in your training to not only be flooded with donations to your cause, but success of your Swimathon!
Let's keep it brief.