G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Was told to leave

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

Texas_swimmer
United States of America

Was told to leave

Post by Texas_swimmer » Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:34 pm

Hey guys

I haven't been on here in a while but I thought I would share an experience with you. I went to the pool at my apartments a few days ago and well got the courage to wear my speedo. I was super nervous. However 20 minutes into my tanning session I was asked to put on something more appropriate by one of the staff. Apparently some of the people didn't like my choice of swimsuit. Sigh when I get the courage it doesn't matter. I guess I am selling all these suits and sticking to board shorts.
Life is too short to worry what other people think.

budgybloke
Australia

Re: Was told to leave

Post by budgybloke » Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:59 pm

You're kidding! So frustrating for you. I can't imagine you're breaking any state or federal indecency laws (or building by-laws) so would it even be within their power to do that? In Australia you could actually have them for discrimination of the basis of gender, particularly if they are letting women in with bikini bottoms.

Move to Australia! Nobody would blink an eye if you wore a speedo to the pool!

Snowbrief
United States of America

Post by Snowbrief » Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:14 pm

Tex,
First let me say, congratulations on going speedo at the pool! I can only envision the thoughts going through your mind making the decision, and then going through with it.....I myself find you a better man doing so, and really think you should consider continuing to do so regardless!

Before I lay verdict on why you were asked to cover up by the neanderthal, I'm curious of the demographics within your apartment complex .....are they college, younger professional, working class, elderly, etc.... Regardless of whom they are, I'm going to side with you, because after all, we are a speedo community!

Lastly, if you want to sell your speedos, I will buy all of them with one caveat, you will have to keep them until I pick them up...in a long while...and I've never been more serious!

Stay with us bud! Snow
Let's keep it brief.

paspeedo
United States of America

Post by paspeedo » Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:11 pm

DON'T DO IT!

If they didn't like it, they didn't have to look. Also, be sure to tell them not to watch any of the world class divers during the summer Olympics!

I don't let ANYONE tell me what I can or cannot do, or what I can or cannot wear..life is to short to let people dictate how to spend your life. Be happy with yourself and who you are!

merken

Post by merken » Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:50 pm

Contact the management company and complain. Have you seen women in bikinis at your complex's pool? If so, point it out in your communication. What you were wearing is no more/less "appropriate" than most women's swimsuits.

Is there a college or university in your area? If so, you could look into purchasing a membership at their rec facility (if they allow community memberships). Here in Austin, the UT rec center is full of people in Speedos.

speedos4me!

Post by speedos4me! » Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:48 pm

That's just sad. :cry:

first, try contacting the manager about the situation. The staff member most likely had no right to tell you that.

If that doesn't work, contact the apartment corporate offices. If the corporate offices don't help and you can afford to move out, ask to be released from your contract or you will file a lawsuit for discrimination.

fbanks
United States of America

Post by fbanks » Sat Mar 28, 2015 5:49 am

Boo! That just plain sucks!!! Unfortunately, this is another example of the uptight nation we are. If your Speedo (and awesome body, BTW) is someone's biggest problem in life ... that is just so sad.

Stick to the Speedos ... and screw the board shorts. Maybe for the time being, use the path of least resistance. Find a different place. Wear running shorts to sun. Roll the waistband down once ... or twice. Lift the legs a little ... work your way back into the groove.
Check My Collection in Photos ... always adding new pictures! Fletch.

Texas_swimmer
United States of America

Post by Texas_swimmer » Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:14 am

My apartment complex is mostly college students. There were a lot of girls out there in their bikinis but I think the frat guys got weirded out and complained. I honestly don't want the attention so I just left. I want to find a safe place to just wear what I want.

Snowbrief
United States of America

Post by Snowbrief » Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:42 am

Sadly, this is what I expected. I'm glad that they didn't heckle you or degrade you in person, they asked someone else to contact you, which as sad as it is, you hopefully were not mocked?

Again, please, please don't ditch the speedo, you are an excellent person that deserves to wear the speedo and feel comfortable doing so!
Let's keep it brief.

5t9
Canada

Post by 5t9 » Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:13 am

This is horrible, such a violation of personal freedom. It's frustrating if you don't know who made the complaints. I had a similar situation 5 years ago, they wouldn't tell me who complained (manager said he had 3 written complaints), but I had my suspicions. I kept wearing my suit, and I noticed, my prime suspect, a neanderthal-looking guy always with his little blond son, disappeared, likely moved out, and there were no more complaints. My advice is to review your tenancy agreement, and if there are no stipulations about swimwear, then I think there is no basis for complain...and keep sporting that speedo (which you wear very well btw:))

speedos4me!

Post by speedos4me! » Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:50 pm

Texas_swimmer wrote:My apartment complex is mostly college students. There were a lot of girls out there in their bikinis but I think the frat guys got weirded out and complained. I honestly don't want the attention so I just left. I want to find a safe place to just wear what I want.

What city are you in?

If you're in the DFW area you could hang out at Spa Castle. They have outdoor "pools" and decks for sunning. I've been there in a speedo before and I've seen other guys in speedos as well. Straight, gay and bi. A few giggles from the immature women but the giggles turned into gawking quickly.

Texas_swimmer
United States of America

Post by Texas_swimmer » Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:00 pm

In Huntsville, so yeah its pretty conservative.

swimdude
United States of America

Post by swimdude » Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:24 pm

Let me first say congrats dude, second that's completely bullshit what happened. Was it just that one staff member who noticed? Was there anybody else there at that time; did they say anything to you/talk to anybody else including the staff? Its just fucking bull, staff or not they should of kept their mouth shut and their opinions to themselves. But of course like fbanks said we are in an uptight nation.

frankjath

Post by frankjath » Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:36 pm

First congrats on wearing your speedo! Don't ever stop!!! This was discrimination based on gender I'm sure there were other women there who were wearing something much smaller. Some people are very small minded and they won't go far in life because they aren't willing to except anything but the status quo. I myself am not a confrontational person but when I'm disrespected I would never let anyone tell me what I can and cannot do as long as I'm not hurting anyone else. You defiantly have my support!

diveguy
United States of America

Post by diveguy » Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:17 am

I hope you quickly find more friendly pools for casual use, but I can't imagine athletic pools geared towards serios swimming having an issue with speedos. So for that reason alone I would emplore you not to sell off your speedos and change over to board shorts! That would be tragic. The speedo wearing world needs you!
Underwater and Speedo loving straight guy

Texas_swimmer
United States of America

Post by Texas_swimmer » Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:24 pm

An employee told me to change into something more appropriate, so I just left. I didn't want to cause a big scene about it.

ricardo871
Australia

Post by ricardo871 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:52 am

I'm sorry to hear this man, that sucks!
Wear them again and if they try to tell you to change, tell them "make me" and roll over. Fuck them!!

fbanks
United States of America

Post by fbanks » Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:02 am

I say, give it a week or so and go back on a different day.
Check My Collection in Photos ... always adding new pictures! Fletch.

villageguy
United States of America

Post by villageguy » Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:30 pm

Somebody complained to management! So they had to respond I believe.

nmspeedoboi
United States of America

Post by nmspeedoboi » Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:52 pm

You should NEVER let someone else to tell you how to live your life, what you should wear, what kind of car you should drive, what you should eat or anything else! If it were me, I would simply flip them off and buy more speedos and go somewhere else to swim. Be yourself; NOT what someone else tells you you should be! Allowing others to tell you how to live is to guarantee that you have a humdrum life at best and maybe a miserable one. The apartment complex where you live is NOT the end of the world. There are thousands of apartments. True, you may not be able to up and move at the drop of a hat, but I am sure you have a future well beyond the apartment complex where you currently live. One day, you will look back on the place with a dismissive chuckle after you have moved well beyond its small minded confines.