G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

7 day Southern Caribbean cruise not speedo un-friendly

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

_su_
United States of America

7 day Southern Caribbean cruise not speedo un-friendly

Post by _su_ » Sat May 02, 2015 2:27 am

Just got back from a cruise in the southern Caribbean. While the speedos were few and far between, I did not really feel out of place in any of mine. Even though there were 3000 passengers and 7 days, I only noticed a few other speedos. Since I wore a different one almost every day, I probably saw more on myself than on others. It was a bit odd though, on an off-shore excursion to be in a speedo, and these Brazilian guys are in these super long board shorts while their girlfriends/wives are in these little showy swimsuits.

I did seem to draw a little attention I guess. It felt like wherever I went in my speedo, no one else was wearing them until I was almost ready to leave. For example, the first day at sea, the pool decks were packed and not another speedo in sight until about an hour later. I roll over and there are two guys right next to me, one wearing a little square-cut. A few days later, my wife and I are in one of the 6 or 7 hot tubs on deck, and a guy in Andrew Christian trunks (the neon seams tend to make them stand out) joins us instead of any other hot tub.

Overall it was a fun cruise. Slightly disappointing not to see many other speedo wearers like me, but I didn't let that slow me down.

On the plus side, when we got back, there were a couple of packages in the mail from Australia addressed to me, which my wife now knows means she's getting a private fashion show soon.
Last edited by _su_ on Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Speedo tanlines - making you even easier to find in the dark...

speedodemon

Re: 7 day Southern Caribbean cruise not speedo un-friendly

Post by speedodemon » Sat May 02, 2015 4:36 pm

Good on you for rocking the speedo amidst all those boardies!

paspeedo
United States of America

Post by paspeedo » Sat May 02, 2015 5:23 pm

Good for you! It hasn't warmed up enough for us to hit the beaches up north--its coming though!

bondiboy
Canada

Post by bondiboy » Sat May 02, 2015 8:43 pm

strange to hear the brazilian guys were in such long shorts. usually they at least wear sungas

Snowbrief
United States of America

Post by Snowbrief » Sun May 03, 2015 10:11 am

You rock su!! You were the encouragement that the guys on your cruise were hoping for!
Let's keep it brief.

ExBex
United States of America

Post by ExBex » Mon May 04, 2015 8:44 am

Good for you. So many people (myself included) just need the encouragement of seeing a couple other guys with confidence!
On a lifelong quest for the perfect fitting swim suit

villageguy
United States of America

Post by villageguy » Mon May 04, 2015 9:29 am

It all depends on the cruise line. I was on an Italian cruise ship to the Caribbean and lots of speedos. There was lot of foreign passengers on board. Even noticed a guy in his underwear in the jacuzzi! On the top levels saw women topless.

diveguy
United States of America

Post by diveguy » Fri May 08, 2015 1:54 am

Just want to say that the pic you posted of (I assume) you walking around on that gorgeous beach in your black speedo is awesome. Must have been a glorious feeling of freedom and empowerment. That's what speedo-ing is all about!
Underwater and Speedo loving straight guy

_su_
United States of America

Post by _su_ » Fri May 08, 2015 9:40 am

Yes, that's me on Barbados. Apparently my wife has been sneaking pics of me in my speedos. I found that one on my camera, which she borrowed for that excursion since its waterproof. She's behaved a bit suspiciously before, fumbling to put her phone away as she joins me by the pool after work. Last weekend she got one of me coming out of the water at the beach, which she showed our friends a few days later. So I'm on to her now.

Even better than that walk on the beach was our stop on St. Maarten with the nude beach and going swimming naked!
Speedo tanlines - making you even easier to find in the dark...

frankjath

Post by frankjath » Fri May 08, 2015 6:14 pm

Great story! Sounds like you had lots of fun. So strange that Brazilian guys didn't at least wear a sunga. At least you still wore your speedos and you saw some people in speedos as well. I've never been on a cruise so I don't have any experience but I'd assume it depends if the crowd is more American than European when it comes to choice of swimwear.

I have noticed that more younger guys, collage aged guys are embracing above the knee trunk style swim shorts... which is a plus. I mostly see this on popular YouTube Vlogs. Its only a matter of time that speedos or at least square cuts become popular again. At least it seems we are headed that way. Its actually becoming rare that I see a popular YouTuber in anything longer than above the knee trunks.

You look great in that black speedo and I'm glade you got to experience a nude beach. I'm grateful to have a nude beach near where I live.

Snowbrief
United States of America

Post by Snowbrief » Sat May 09, 2015 9:44 am

_su_ wrote:Yes, that's me on Barbados. Apparently my wife has been sneaking pics of me in my speedos. I found that one on my camera, which she borrowed for that excursion since its waterproof. She's behaved a bit suspiciously before, fumbling to put her phone away as she joins me by the pool after work. Last weekend she got one of me coming out of the water at the beach, which she showed our friends a few days later. So I'm on to her now.

Even better than that walk on the beach was our stop on St. Maarten with the nude beach and going swimming naked!
Hey Su, I hope she/you share some of those mysterious photo's with us..... 8)
Let's keep it brief.