G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Seaside Beach Florida (post trip update)

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

Will there be other guys wearing swim briefs at Seaside Beach Florida?

Poll ended at Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:20 pm

Absolutely! They don't call that area the "Riviera" for nothing....
29%
Maybe! Isn't August the month when all the foreigners go on holiday to Florida?
14%
Out of Luck Buddy! It's actually referred to the "Redneck Riviera". All you'll be seeing is long baggy board shorts going down below the knees.....
57%

Total votes: 7

rmf

Seaside Beach Florida (post trip update)

Post by rmf » Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:20 pm

Aside from my poor attempt at Monday morning humor above, I thought I would mention that my family along with some friends are traveling to Seaside Florida (30A area - Emerald Coast - Redneck Riviera) later this week as a last summer hurrah. I have low expectations of not being the only one in swim briefs. The previous times I have been there, I saw absolutely zero. I suspect that area of Florida panhandle beaches are pretty conservative. Has anyone been to that area before or have an experiences to share?

I searched and found an old post about Destin / Miramar Beach area where someone took some abuse for wearing a square cut suit. I sort of laughed because I had planned to bring a square cut Parke and Ronen suit along as my backup. I am not too worried because I will be with my kids and I find that some folks will hold back on the comments when they see little kids around and anyways, my son will be wearing his too. They will probably just think we are European or something. lol

I also picked up two new Dietz Trainer suits last week which were incredibly cheap since I'm basically down to one swim brief that I would wear in public (my Solar suit has turned a burnt Umber color and I've dedicated it for gym use only to swim laps). I will let you guys know how it goes since this isn't an area of Florida that seems to be mentioned much on this board.
Last edited by rmf on Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
straight, married w/ kids.

electric2010
United States of America

Re: Seaside Beach Florida

Post by electric2010 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:14 am

I enjoyed the humor. Let us know what happens!

Speedo1986
United States of America

Post by Speedo1986 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:36 pm

Never had any issues on any of the beaches in Florida from key west to pensacola.

FIFA_D

Post by FIFA_D » Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:34 pm

rmf wrote:Aside from my poor attempt at Monday morning humor above, I thought I would mention that my family along with some friends are traveling to Seaside Florida (30A area - Emerald Coast - Redneck Riviera) later this week as a last summer hurrah. I have low expectations of not being the only one in swim briefs. The previous times I have been there, I saw absolutely zero. I suspect that area of Florida panhandle beaches are pretty conservative. Has anyone been to that area before or have an experiences to share?

I searched and found an old post about Destin / Miramar Beach area where someone took some abuse for wearing a square cut suit. I sort of laughed because I had planned to bring a square cut Parke and Ronen suit along as my backup. I am not too worried because I will be with my kids and I find that some folks will hold back on the comments when they see little kids around and anyways, my son will be wearing his too. They will probably just think we are European or something. lol

I also picked up two new Dietz Trainer suits last week which were incredibly cheap since I'm basically down to one swim brief that I would wear in public (my Solar suit has turned a burnt Umber color and I've dedicated it for gym use only to swim laps). I will let you guys know how it goes since this isn't an area of Florida that seems to be mentioned much on this board.
My girlfriend and I just got back from our own end of summer vacation in Fort Walton. We were there for 5 nights and I wore my swim briefs everyday on the beach and the one day that we went to the pool.
We stayed at the end of the beach, next to the airforce beach property and stayed on "outskirts" of the crowd. We didn't see anybody else wearing them at the beach. I was more nervous wearing them there than I was in Ft. Lauderdale, but was pleasantly surprised by the lack of stares. I'm sure some people were talking about me, but I didn't let it bother me. Nobody said anything to me.
Clearly this area is much more family friendly/conservative than south florida, and your experience may differ, but in the short time I've worn the swim briefs, I've adopted the idea that i will likely never see these people ever again, so fuck it. In my mind, I did decide that if I caught someone staring too much that I would simply stare back.
Good luck on your trip

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

smooth54
Great Britain

Post by smooth54 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:40 am

Looking good

Scottiebum
Great Britain

Post by Scottiebum » Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:34 am

If anyone was staring I would say it was because you were looking great!
Straight
Scottish
Speedo

FIFA_D

Post by FIFA_D » Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:27 am

Well thanks smooth and scottie! We had a good time, and is always freeing to wear swim briefs in public. Sometimes frightening, but always freeing

dhs

Post by dhs » Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:17 pm

smooth54 wrote:Looking good
like to lick and suck outside and inside of that green suit. dhs

rmf

Re: Seaside Beach Florida (post trip update)

Post by rmf » Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:51 pm

So we are back from our beach trip and Polls don't lie! drum roll....

I saw absolutely ZERO swim briefs and ZERO square cut suits! I was the only one.

Here is the story of the beach experience:

We went to the beach on the first day with a friend and his daughter who joined us for the vacation. He is a good friend and we have known him for years. He knows and has seen me in Speedo's before on previous beach trips so it wasn't a big deal to him (and would expect nothing less from me).

We all went to the beach the first day. We had an umbrella and beach chair rental so we were right there in the front close to the shore line. While it is still summer for us, the season is winding down in the South as kids have already started school. There wasn't anyone behind us - just to the left and right. I decided to test the waters so I wore my new P&R square cut suit my first day at the beach. It's a real sharp looking suit and I felt it was pretty conservative to test the waters. We had an older couple to one side who didn't blink when they saw me in my square cut suit. They were friendly with my kids and offered their boogie board for use.

The second day is when things turned south. We arrive at the beach and my wife, kids, friend and his daughter all took off for the water since they had their sun block applied. I applied it to my kids so I was last leave the chairs. I took off my shirt & shorts and I was wearing the square cut suit again. The one side had an younger couple sitting on the beach. They paid no attention to us. The umbrella next to us had an older family - husband & wife in their upper 50's but probably low 60's. They had a daughter who looked to be just out of college and a guy which was her boyfriend. I was facing their direction and I looked up and I saw the you guy look at me, get his girlfriend's attention and with a smirk crack a joke. She turns her head and I can see her mouth "OMG". I was sort of struck at what to do so I stopped what I was doing dead in my tracks and just stared at her. I had sun glasses on so she quickly glances away. She then turns to her mom and dad and I can see her say to her mom to look over. The mom looks over and doesn't see what her daughter is saying. Now I am staring straight forward at the mom too. The daughter points over low as if I wouldn't see her. Then her mom looks at me and I am staring straight at her ( I was about to point to my suit to help her understand what the daughter was pointing too but I held back). It's obvious that I know they are talking to about me and she quickly looks away but doesn't really react. I give them all this look like, "Really?"

I finished what I was doing and joined my family in the water. I proceeded to tell my wife and buddy what happened and my wife's reaction was pretty classic and called them rednecks. Apparently, saw them the day before when she took my kids to the beach and the son-in-law was showing off his newly purchased beer bong and was doing them on the beach. My buddy just laughed hearing the story and that the square cut suit was my "conservative" suit.

Now I am not one to throw rocks in glass houses but seriously, this family had nothing to brag about. The young upper 20's guy had board shorts down below the knee ( which for surfing you actually want them just above the knee so you can bend easier) and a total beer gut and the daughter also had some belly jelly to her that almost hung over her bikini bottom. The mom was down right a big women in a full suit and the father who looked normal except for his long white swim shorts that were see thru so he had a pair of Fruit of the Loom tighty whites underneath & sticking out the top. The family itself was sort of a train wreck.

As the day went on, I didn't even bother looking over. At some point, the son and daughter leaves and my wife is standing near the water next to the mom and asks sarcastically were the 'fancy beer bong' was today. The mother seemed a little embarrassed and said it was her son-in-law who had it the day before and how proud he was about buying the beer bong. My wife answers back again sarcastically that "being able to do a beer bong is a good trait in a son-in-law". My wife said she could tell the mother felt pretty awkward about the interaction. Interesting enough, when the mother finally leaves, she comes over to me and offers us to use their chairs since we didn't have enough for everyone to sit on. I was short with her and just said thanks. I mentioned this back to my wife and buddy and we all agreed that it sounded like an olive branch offering....

I wore the same suit the next day and then on the following I moved into full blown speedo mode and wore my new Dietz racer swim brief. After that, I wore my Mr. Turk Lagos swim brief for the rest of the time - which happens to be one of my favorite cuts (low on the hips, small sides & a full seat). While the parents were there next to us most days, I didn't see the daughter and son-in-law after the third day. They probably left the beach all together. We also had families around us the following days and no one else seemed to have any issues or if they did, they were not obvious about it. then again, my son and I both were wearing swim briefs so maybe it didn't seem to be so out of place as a family.

I have some pics which I will post in the photo section when I get a chance. The trip was great and folks down in the 30A area are going to have to get use to seeing swim briefs more often because it is one of our favorite beach areas (aside from the people being speedophobics.)
straight, married w/ kids.

frankjath

Post by frankjath » Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:47 pm

rmf wrote:So we are back from our beach trip and Polls don't lie! drum roll....

I saw absolutely ZERO swim briefs and ZERO square cut suits! I was the only one.

Here is the story of the beach experience:

We went to the beach on the first day with a friend and his daughter who joined us for the vacation. He is a good friend and we have known him for years. He knows and has seen me in Speedo's before on previous beach trips so it wasn't a big deal to him (and would expect nothing less from me).

We all went to the beach the first day. We had an umbrella and beach chair rental so we were right there in the front close to the shore line. While it is still summer for us, the season is winding down in the South as kids have already started school. There wasn't anyone behind us - just to the left and right. I decided to test the waters so I wore my new P&R square cut suit my first day at the beach. It's a real sharp looking suit and I felt it was pretty conservative to test the waters. We had an older couple to one side who didn't blink when they saw me in my square cut suit. They were friendly with my kids and offered their boogie board for use.

The second day is when things turned south. We arrive at the beach and my wife, kids, friend and his daughter all took off for the water since they had their sun block applied. I applied it to my kids so I was last leave the chairs. I took off my shirt & shorts and I was wearing the square cut suit again. The one side had an younger couple sitting on the beach. They paid no attention to us. The umbrella next to us had an older family - husband & wife in their upper 50's but probably low 60's. They had a daughter who looked to be just out of college and a guy which was her boyfriend. I was facing their direction and I looked up and I saw the you guy look at me, get his girlfriend's attention and with a smirk crack a joke. She turns her head and I can see her mouth "OMG". I was sort of struck at what to do so I stopped what I was doing dead in my tracks and just stared at her. I had sun glasses on so she quickly glances away. She then turns to her mom and dad and I can see her say to her mom to look over. The mom looks over and doesn't see what her daughter is saying. Now I am staring straight forward at the mom too. The daughter points over low as if I wouldn't see her. Then her mom looks at me and I am staring straight at her ( I was about to point to my suit to help her understand what the daughter was pointing too but I held back). It's obvious that I know they are talking to about me and she quickly looks away but doesn't really react. I give them all this look like, "Really?"

I finished what I was doing and joined my family in the water. I proceeded to tell my wife and buddy what happened and my wife's reaction was pretty classic and called them rednecks. Apparently, saw them the day before when she took my kids to the beach and the son-in-law was showing off his newly purchased beer bong and was doing them on the beach. My buddy just laughed hearing the story and that the square cut suit was my "conservative" suit.

Now I am not one to throw rocks in glass houses but seriously, this family had nothing to brag about. The young upper 20's guy had board shorts down below the knee ( which for surfing you actually want them just above the knee so you can bend easier) and a total beer gut and the daughter also had some belly jelly to her that almost hung over her bikini bottom. The mom was down right a big women in a full suit and the father who looked normal except for his long white swim shorts that were see thru so he had a pair of Fruit of the Loom tighty whites underneath & sticking out the top. The family itself was sort of a train wreck.

As the day went on, I didn't even bother looking over. At some point, the son and daughter leaves and my wife is standing near the water next to the mom and asks sarcastically were the 'fancy beer bong' was today. The mother seemed a little embarrassed and said it was her son-in-law who had it the day before and how proud he was about buying the beer bong. My wife answers back again sarcastically that "being able to do a beer bong is a good trait in a son-in-law". My wife said she could tell the mother felt pretty awkward about the interaction. Interesting enough, when the mother finally leaves, she comes over to me and offers us to use their chairs since we didn't have enough for everyone to sit on. I was short with her and just said thanks. I mentioned this back to my wife and buddy and we all agreed that it sounded like an olive branch offering....

I wore the same suit the next day and then on the following I moved into full blown speedo mode and wore my new Dietz racer swim brief. After that, I wore my Mr. Turk Lagos swim brief for the rest of the time - which happens to be one of my favorite cuts (low on the hips, small sides & a full seat). While the parents were there next to us most days, I didn't see the daughter and son-in-law after the third day. They probably left the beach all together. We also had families around us the following days and no one else seemed to have any issues or if they did, they were not obvious about it. then again, my son and I both were wearing swim briefs so maybe it didn't seem to be so out of place as a family.

I have some pics which I will post in the photo section when I get a chance. The trip was great and folks down in the 30A area are going to have to get use to seeing swim briefs more often because it is one of our favorite beach areas (aside from the people being speedophobics.)
I think you handled the situation really well, by not giving in and covering up your speedos with shorts. I'm not one to judge but that family did sound like a mess. I'm glad you continued to wear your even skimpier Dietz suit! Way to go rmf!

It's always good to have supportive family and friends around to back you up. It's super cool that your wife and buddy are supportive of you wearing speedos.

I actually feel sorry for people who make issues out of nothing because they have insecurities deep down inside. I remember one time a comedian was asked how he deals with hecklers. He said instead of throwing them out of the comedy club he will ask them, what is going on in your life? Most times the heckler will respond with some issue they are trying to work through, and the comedian will work that back into his set.

Keep doing what makes you happy.

Sent from my iPad.

Snowbrief
United States of America

Post by Snowbrief » Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:34 am

Scottiebum wrote:If anyone was staring I would say it was because you were looking great!
Ditto that for you FIFA
Let's keep it brief.

Snowbrief
United States of America

Post by Snowbrief » Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:48 am

You rmf make all of us speedo'ers proud!

To bad for the drama, but you handled it well.
Let's keep it brief.

FIFA_D

Post by FIFA_D » Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:35 pm

Thanks for sharing the story. If that one encounter was the worst that happened on your vacation, I'd say it was a successful trip. I think you handled it well. It would have been funny if you pointed to your suit to help the mom figure out what her daughter was talking about. It's great to have your wife stick up for you too.
It's amazing that the people that seem to take issue with men wearing small swimwear are the out of shape people who would be way too scared to wear them.
Looking forward to seeing the pictures