G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

I might be wearing a speedo to the gym soon!

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

BriefsBro
United States of America

I might be wearing a speedo to the gym soon!

Post by BriefsBro » Sat Nov 07, 2015 3:14 am

At my local gym there's a pool, it's usually available to my knowledge. The gym overall seems like a relaxed place, most of the staff is in their early to late 20s. I also signed up with a guy who was cool overall. The general population there is older, but that's not a bad thing as it only adds to the relaxed atmosphere. I've never been to a gym, and I find it kind of intimidating to be honest, but with time I'll learn to be a regular.

Just this week I went in for my first time to just go for a swim. I only had time to swim, but tbh I don't know how to use most of the equipment yet, so that's an extra excuse lol. I go in and it's mostly older guys at the locker room at that moment. As I was changing out, I did have my jammers under my shorts though, one guy in late 20's perhaps was coming back in from the pool in jammers also.

In total there were about three people in the pool, myself included and two in the hot tub. Everyone just kind of minds their own business. I feel I could wear a speedo without much notice, since I would be swimming and no one really should be idle enough to check anyone else in a gym. I would only be seen walking to and from and even then I go straight to the showers.

For now I'll just be in my jammers getting used to the environment and then move onto the speedo within a month or less maybe. I didn't see anyone in a speedo, except an old guy, but maybe there would be one or two other younger guys who do wear them.

With time :)

Does anyone regularly wear speedos at the gym? What are the general attitudes of those around you? any stigma before?

merken

Re: I might be wearing a speedo to the gym soon!

Post by merken » Sat Nov 07, 2015 9:50 am

I wear speedos to the gym every day for lap swimming. I silently judge the guys who swim laps in boardshorts. Think of how inefficient that is! No one has ever made a comment to me about my speedos, and why should they? I am there to work out. Speedos are appropriate attire for swimming laps.

It seems about half the male lap swimmers where I go wear boardshorts. (I'm not the next Ryan Lochte by any means, but these guys usually have the worst stroke.) The other half mostly wear jammers or square-cuts. I've only seen a few other guys in speedos; most were older men.

Wear what you feel comfortable in. You're at a gym and speedos are entirely appropriate.

Northern Speedoboy
Great Britain

Post by Northern Speedoboy » Sat Nov 07, 2015 3:21 pm

Deleted
Last edited by Northern Speedoboy on Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Horny Bulging Skimpy Speedo obsessive

fbanks
United States of America

Post by fbanks » Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:30 am

I have a pool only membership to my Fitness Center giving me access to the pool, hot tub/warming pool/sauna and the showers. I have little or no interest in the exercise equipment, just the pool. Always a Speedo for me and I love every second of it. There is always a mix of males and females in the pool ranging from laps to aerobics to lane walkers wearing all sorts of swimwear. Where I deliberately wear smaller and tighter suits (very appropriate swimwear, and nothing like a cocksox) I know the older women give me dirty looks and are somewhat offended, and the teens and tweens can be a little snarky, but I really don't care. I'm there to swim ... and swim I do. Twenty five meter pool, forty laps, non-stop, flipping my turns. Yes, I have to walk across the center through the lobby and down the hall between the weight and workout rooms to the pool. I do it with pride ... soaking wet holding my towel and goggles. I don't hide it, that's the way it is. And that includes enjoying a cool-down in the warming pool or hot tub. Comments? Some, but they are very rare. I do know someone new had some disparaging comments behind my back, but was quickly jumped on by other members in my defense because I am considered a real swimmer.

Just do it and enjoy the swim!
Check My Collection in Photos ... always adding new pictures! Fletch.

packedspeedo
United States of America

Post by packedspeedo » Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:34 am

At my current pool I haven't gotten any negative comments. About half the guys wear board shorts, a quarter wear jammers, and a quarter wear square cuts or speedos. Oddly enough, the only action I've gotten in the shower or sauna have been with guys wearing board shorts.

BriefsBro
United States of America

Post by BriefsBro » Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:38 pm

Northern Speedoboy wrote:I wear a speedo to swim laps every time i go to the pool. I try and go when it is an adult lane session and I find it is generally a mixture of speedos (mainly older guys) and jammers (younger guys), but as long as the speedo is no briefer than say a 5cm side you should be fine. I would avoid anything which is likely to go translucent or too skimpy a cut, other than that relax and enjoy yourself and forget about what others may be thinking.
I just tried on my Speedo Solar brief and it's pretty skimpy now that I think about it, lol. I was thinking of ordering a Sporti brand one from swimoutlet and wearing that when it's mostly empty.The issue now would be getting issues from the more masculine guys who just go to lift weights, ehh. We'll see how things turn out.

aznspeedoboy
United States of America

Post by aznspeedoboy » Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:11 pm

How exciting! At my local gym, there's always a mix of swimwear. I always wear my speedos when I swim at my gym (of course, more on the conservative side in terms of cut/size of the suit). Speedos are the appropriate attire for a swimmer, so might as well rock it considering it's the right context.
20-something year old asian boy who loves speedos. 8)

Red^^Speedo
United States of America

Post by Red^^Speedo » Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:25 am

I've always worn a Speedo when swimming laps at our fitness club.
In the jacuzzi and steam room too.

rmf

Post by rmf » Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:47 pm

Briefsbro - I know exactly what your are going through since the same sort of thing happen to me.

When I decided to get back into swimming, I went to a gym that I can best describe as an 80's style country club. It is a huge complex with lots of different areas and activities without the stuffiness of a 'country' club. I'm sure at the time it was all the rage with their racquet ball courts being the main attraction along with their multiple temperature pools (in fact, judging from the mauve color wallpaper in parts of the building, it hasn't changed much since the 80's). It's also place where there are all types of people, families and also a lot of athletes train there during the cold winter months. One of the pools is specifically designated for laps only. During my initial tour of the gym, I only saw guys in shorts in the open swimming pools with their kids and only one older woman who was in the lap pool swimming laps. My first day at the gym after signing up, I found myself staring into my gym bag trying to decide what to wear. I had a pair of jammers, square cut and speedos. I decided to play it in the middle and I grab my sq cut suit. From a gym & swimming perspective, I thought it was safe and easy... and it was because I was only person there except for one other guy who came later in a pair of jammers.

For the next week, I wore the square cut suit and for the most part, I saw 1/2 the guys in shorts and the rest in some type of spandex. Of the spandex, it was pretty equally split between Jammers, sq cut and maybe a few, speedos. By the end of the week, I was pretty comfortable and realized that no one was paying attention, looking, staring or for that fact cared to what I was wearing. By the second week, I moved to wearing my speedo solar 1". The pool & hot tub has a 14+ age restriction but I never saw anyone young there (to make me second guess even for a split second) so it wasn't a big deal to walk out in speedos.

The hot tub next to the pool is popular with a lot of people so I probably got a few looks but I never noticed. I was definitely not in the majority by wearing speedos but I also didn't stand out as being odd. In fact, I noticed one guy who had worn shorts a few times I saw him in the beginning, make the switch over to speedos but his tan line showed he was not new to wearing them.... maybe he just didn't wear them to swim laps at this pool.

So fast forward to today, I'm now at a newly built national franchise gym. The pool at my old gym was just too old and dirty (pool water) for my liking. The new gym has the typical minimum age restriction which I think some people like (but my little kids hate). Overall, it is a very much younger crowd. My first day there I wore speedos without even thinking twice. To my surprise (and comfort), 99% of the guys who are there to swim laps, are wearing some type of spandex and 70% are wearing speedos (both young and old guys). The rest are either in jammers or square cut suits. It is mind boggling to see how many guys are wearing speedos but not surprising. I think this gym has a lot more serious swimmers, triathletes or post swimmers. It's the uniform of choice for anyone who has even a little bit of exposure to swimming.

I also have seen quite a few guys & girls wear their college branded swimsuits or swim caps. Occasionally you will see a guy wearing board shorts in the lap pool but it is rare (I see it more often in the hot tub right next to the pool from guys who come in from their weightlifting to soak in the hot water). There has never been a moment where I felt uncomfortable, heard a negative comment or even had an odd look from anyone there, even in the locker room. It's great.

So the funny thing is that I tend to wear my suit low on my hips and when I jump out of the water on the shallow end, I am facing everyone who is sitting in the hot tub. All eyes on me right? My routine is to get out of the pool and walk over to a shelf to put back the swim pull buoy and paddle board I use during swimming. I have to walk right by the edge of the hot tub because the shelf is tucked back into the corner. On occasion, I've caught a few eyes staring up at me. However, when I mention this to my better half one day she quickly responded by saying (and joyfully bursting my bubble) they probably are NOT staring at my suit, body or [snicker] handsomely good looks but instead, staring at my weird waterproof MP3 player (Finis Neptune) that are on my head attached to my swim goggles. And alas, she is probably right. I do look like a dork wearing them but honestly, it is my saving grace. I wouldn't be able to swim as long and often as I do without some sort of distraction.

So Briefbro - long story even longer: I recommend you just put on your favorite Speedos, keep it modest (ie: no cocksox type) and enjoy your swim and you will be fine!

Last note, anyone thinking of getting into swimming for exercise, I highly recommend it. At any skill level, it is one of the best low impact sports you can do. If you want to swim laps but are board easily, get yourself a waterproof MP3 player. It was the best advice an avid swimming buddy gave me and it seriously was a game changer for me regarding my swim workouts.
straight, married w/ kids.

_su_
United States of America

Post by _su_ » Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:31 am

BriefsBro wrote: I just tried on my Speedo Solar brief and it's pretty skimpy now that I think about it, lol. I was thinking of ordering a Sporti brand one from swimoutlet and wearing that when it's mostly empty.The issue now would be getting issues from the more masculine guys who just go to lift weights, ehh. We'll see how things turn out.
I go to the gym pool and/or the beach currently 1-2 times a week and have only seen another speedo a couple of times ever. Mostly boardshorts seen. I have a Sporti Euro cut, about half size too small in light green that is worn in rotation with my other suits to the pool. I have never heard any comments on what I wear, except for my lack of goggles (I prefer to swim with my head above water). So wear what you want!
Speedo tanlines - making you even easier to find in the dark...

packedspeedo
United States of America

Post by packedspeedo » Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:43 am

I've just recently started wearing my Sporti Euro for swimming laps. I was a bit nervous about it, but no one has said anything to me about it, and haven't noticed any looks.

bluebird70

Post by bluebird70 » Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:18 pm

i luv to wear speedos

yeahspeedo

Post by yeahspeedo » Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:38 pm

packedspeedo wrote:I've just recently started wearing my Sporti Euro for swimming laps. I was a bit nervous about it, but no one has said anything to me about it, and haven't noticed any looks.

those are a tiny brief. i have a pair in blue. theres really no room for "excitement" in them :P

packedspeedo
United States of America

Post by packedspeedo » Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:47 pm

yeahspeedo wrote:
packedspeedo wrote:I've just recently started wearing my Sporti Euro for swimming laps. I was a bit nervous about it, but no one has said anything to me about it, and haven't noticed any looks.

those are a tiny brief. i have a pair in blue. theres really no room for "excitement" in them :P
True. And that's part of the excitement in wearing them. The only time it's a problem is between the locker room and the pool, or vice versa.

fbanks
United States of America

Post by fbanks » Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:54 am

Why? That's the fun part!

Walking back and forth to and from the pool and the hot tub, head up, back straight ... making eye contact, nodding, maybe with a polite hello ... all while holding a pair of goggles and having a tiny wet Speedo completely glued to my body, showing off everything ... and there's no real hiding from that. I love giving the peoples an eyeful ... and being confident works the best!

diveguy
United States of America

Post by diveguy » Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:10 am

fbanks wrote:Why? That's the fun part!

Walking back and forth to and from the pool and the hot tub, head up, back straight ... making eye contact, nodding, maybe with a polite hello ... all while holding a pair of goggles and having a tiny wet Speedo completely glued to my body, showing off everything ... and there's no real hiding from that. I love giving the peoples an eyeful ... and being confident works the best!
Awesome description of part of the motivation to wear speedos! Does the same thing apply to the beach? I would add how I love walking from my spread out towel to the surf, then how I love stepping out of the surf and walking back to my towel.
Underwater and Speedo loving straight guy

fbanks
United States of America

Post by fbanks » Sun Nov 15, 2015 6:17 am

[quote=diveguy] Does the same thing apply to the beach? I would add how I love walking from my spread out towel to the surf, then how I love stepping out of the surf and walking back to my towel.[/quote]

Definitely! I absolutely love laying out in the sun on the sand ... travelling back and forth to the water ... and walking up and down along the water's edge ... in nothing but a Speedo. I may be one of very few, or the only one. The thing is, I really don't care. I do it for me (and the awesome tan lines) and my attitude is if you don't like it, don't look.
Last edited by fbanks on Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Scottiebum
Great Britain

Post by Scottiebum » Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:12 am

Definitely! I absolutely love laying out in the sun on the sand ... travelling back and forth to the water ... and walking up and down along the water's edge ... in nothing but a Speedo. I may be one of very few, or the only one. The thing is, I really don't care. I do it for me (and the awesome tan lines) and my attitude is if you don't like it, don't look.[/quote]

You are not alone! I have no problem walking round the pool past the windows to the reception area. Same at the hotel pool or at the lido. If I have to walk from my towel to the water past the people sitting at cafe and back to the shower so be it!
Straight
Scottish
Speedo

speedos4me!

Post by speedos4me! » Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:17 am

fbanks wrote: Definitely! I absolutely love laying out in the sun on the sand ... travelling back and forth to the water ... and walking up and down along the water's edge ... in nothing but a Speedo. I may be one of very few, or the only one. The thing is, I really don't care. I do it for me (and the awesome tan lines) and my attitude is if you don't like it, don't look.
I do that in Florida. This past July I spent a week in Fort Myers Beach laid out in the sun, walked to the water and back wearing blue Aussiebum classic 2.5 or a black Hugo Boss swim brief. Sometimes I would walk about two miles or so along the water in my "speedo" and a t-shirt.

When we were in Miami I walked north on the beach for about an hour and then back wearing nothing but a speedo and sunglasses, although it felt great, nude would've felt better. :lol:

speedos4me!

Post by speedos4me! » Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:20 am

In Fort myers I saw a few speedos. In Miami I saw a lot of speedos on guys of all ages young and old. And no, this was not the gay section.