G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Was anyone ever in a water polo or swim team?

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

BriefsBro
United States of America

Was anyone ever in a water polo or swim team?

Post by BriefsBro » Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:49 pm

What was your experience like? Do you feel it helped with your confidence in wearing a speedo?

I look back and I really wish I would have done either sport during high school. The exposure to the field would have been every uplifting and not to mention I would been in better shape earlier in life. I also wish I had more opportunity to wear a speedo. If I was in a team, I would especially be wearing one often in practice. The college I go to doesn't offer a team nor a club team either.

frankjath

Re: Was anyone ever in a water polo or swim team?

Post by frankjath » Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:45 am

In high school I was in the marching band which didn't leave room for much else. I would have loved to join the swim team. When I went to college the only water related club was surfing. But they all wore boardshorts.

swimmy

Post by swimmy » Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:09 am

When I was a kid Speedo brand briefs were THE suit to wear on the swim team, they were the official uniform. There was no such thing as shame or reluctance to wear them, even gym shorts felt like too much in any activity. There was no such thing as the swim jammers then, either, we didn't have the choice today's little boys do.
There is no better sport to grow up in, to love as a way of life, and to give a boy that outrageously perfect physique as he becomes a man than swimming. As in SWIM TEAM. Daily. Next to naked, shoulder to shoulder with other tone little bodies male and female both and thinking nothing of it except to dive back in and be the first to the other end. No hang ups. No bullying. All energy directed in a positive way.

swimsuitcouplesc
United States of America

Post by swimsuitcouplesc » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:03 pm

I was on several swim teams growing up -through high school. As has been said already, when I was swimming competitively, Jammers didn't exist. As a matter of fact, I recall distinctly the head coach telling me point blank when signed up that "we deal in speedos here, no shorts."

At younger ages, it didn't really enter into my thinking at all, speedos are just what you wore. As I got older and interested in girls and sex and I became much more aware of what I and everyone else was wearing.

Aside from my interest in speedos, I really appreciate now having been involved with swimming. The techniques are so ingrained in me that I am still a good swimmer and am very comfortable in the water - something which, in my experience, many many people aren't.

swimdude
United States of America

Post by swimdude » Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:27 am

I was on a club swim team at an early age, but during that time I wore jammers. At 13-14 I wore speedos to change up the mix as well I saw others wearing them. It was during that time speedos sparked my interest. During high school and college I wore speedos most of the time. With the occasional drag suit to help with training.

...:::sam:::...
Australia

Post by ...:::sam:::... » Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:50 am

Still am. To be honest, everybody is usually more focused on being smashed by the training rather than what is being worn.

Waterpologuy

Post by Waterpologuy » Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:35 am

I was in a waterpolo team for six years. We all wore just speedo's all the time, when I think about it know it must have looked pretty hot. Our coaches were also just in speedos, some of them were pretty good looking

unispeedo21

Post by unispeedo21 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:58 pm

I had to wear them at school :)

BriefsBro
United States of America

Post by BriefsBro » Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:49 pm

Waterpologuy wrote:I was in a waterpolo team for six years. We all wore just speedo's all the time, when I think about it know it must have looked pretty hot. Our coaches were also just in speedos, some of them were pretty good looking
Coaches in speedos?! See, now that's unheard of, at least I think it is.

swimdude
United States of America

Post by swimdude » Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:14 am

Not really if you think about. I use to coach my old swim club and after the last practice session I would hop in and swim a couple laps, a small workout before closing up and cleaning up the pool area before going home.

swimcmk
United States of America

Post by swimcmk » Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:45 pm

I was on a swim team during Jr high and high school. I grew up in a more affluent part of town so dropping $200 to $500 on a technical suit was not an issue for anybody. Full body suits were all the rage back then. We wore Speedos or Jammers during practice. The only people who wore Speedos all the time were the divers. Nowadays I wish I could have been at some of the big state swimming matches in a speedo. I cannot imagine what a speedo would be like in front of 5,000 people.

Speedos are the only thing I wear in my back yard pool now. Board shorts just suck to swim in and you freeze getting out of a heated pool when it is cold outside.