G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Question for lifeguards?

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

frankjath

Question for lifeguards?

Post by frankjath » Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:48 am

I was curious about lifeguard attire. I noticed where I live in SoCal that all life guards wear red boardshorts. If I ever became a lifeguard I would really dislike wearing boardshorts... are lifeguards allowed to wear red speedos instead?

packedspeedo
United States of America

Re: Question for lifeguards?

Post by packedspeedo » Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:02 am

I'd guess it depends on the facility's policies. At my gym, a few lifeguards wear speedos under their shorts. When they go on break, they drop the red shorts and do some swimming, then put the shorts back on when they go back on duty.

BriefsBro
United States of America

Post by BriefsBro » Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:25 pm

I'm almost willing to apply to work as a lifeguard just for the possibility to wear a red speedo and hang out in it every so often. My local water park has mostly a white t-shirt and red shorts. However, they're not the giant, baggy board shorts; they look more like those overpriced Chubbies. If everyone says they wear them under, then that's good enough for me.

Also, I was looking my local water park, and it seems it is a place for speedos. At least on some days. I think White Parties are hosted there every so often. This invited a lot of gay guys to show up in, of course: speedos.

Wriggler Rusty
Croatia

Post by Wriggler Rusty » Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:40 pm

jace wrote:I still guard during summer and it's mostly speedos under red guard shorts. When the season starts I go with speedos only for tan purposes.
I am truly amazed that you have time for that while modelling, coaching the water polo team, and you still have enough free time for ballet...
Are you also an astronaut and a brain surgeon?
Congratulations for your dedication on all those areas.

frankjath

Post by frankjath » Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:26 am

jace wrote:I still guard during summer and it's mostly speedos under red guard shorts. When the season starts I go with speedos only for tan purposes.
The people who get to see you in speedos are lucky. I never see lifeguards at the beach in speedos. Even if they wear them under their shorts I'd never know it. I haven't been to a public pool in a long time as we have a pool at home... I bet I'd see lifeguards wear speedos at a pool.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

swimdude
United States of America

Post by swimdude » Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:40 am

Another lifeguard here, our uniforms are usually a t-shirt, board shorts or trunks, and a swim "brief". I put emphasis on brief because even on paper for uniform sizes they never say speedos. I don't understand it but whatever. Also where I guard we have all blue gear instead of red. Usual it doesn't matter if choose board shorts or trunks because I always wear the speedo under them. So up on stand I wear trunks and when I come down to tan its speedo time.

Okieswimmer
United States of America

Post by Okieswimmer » Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:54 pm

When I used to work for the local public pool, they didn't care if I wore trunks or speedos, as long as they were red or blue.

...:::sam:::...
Australia

Post by ...:::sam:::... » Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:48 am

The pool guards here are shorts, long sleeve top and a broad rim hat and loads of sunscreen. Everything to not get burnt.

speedoboi
Canada

Post by speedoboi » Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:24 pm

jace wrote:
Wriggler Rusty wrote:
I am truly amazed that you have time for that while modelling, coaching the water polo team, and you still have enough free time for ballet...

Hey I lead a busy life do you have a problem with that?
I personally think it's quite commendable on your part the life that you live. It seems interesting and there doesn't seem to be a dull moment. I wish I had a life similar to yours, minus the ballet.

Wriggler Rusty
Croatia

Post by Wriggler Rusty » Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:44 am

jace wrote:
Wriggler Rusty wrote:

Hey I lead a busy life do you have a problem with that?
Why would I have a problem with that? I just said how amazed I am