G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

How does everyone hide the car key when swimming in the sea?

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

timinauckland
New Zealand

Post by timinauckland » Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:15 am

There are 2 cars in my household. I usually take the older car to the beach, so I can separate the remote and metal key. I tie the metal key on the cord inside my Aussiebum. I don't bring any wallet or phone to the beach. Inside the bag I leave on the beach, there's only a tower, a singlet and shorts. Worse case scenario: if the whole bag is stolen, I can still walk to my car and drive off in speedos. Sounds sexy but hope that won't happen in the near future.

How does everyone hide the car key when swimming in the sea? 8)

diveguy
United States of America

Re: How does everyone hide the car key when swimming in the

Post by diveguy » Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:40 am

Exactly the same way you mention! Tying it into the knot of my drawstring and letting it hang inside. Not so good for modern keys that are key and remote all in one, and those newer "keyless" type ignitions where you just keep the fob inside your pocket and push a button to start once you're inside the car - those would be problematic for hiding while wearing a speedo. But I've spent considerable amount of time swimming, snorkeling and freediving with a simple old fashioned metal car key tied inside my skimpy little speedo. Worked out great.
Underwater and Speedo loving straight guy

Baltspeed
Latvia

Post by Baltspeed » Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:19 pm

That's a problem lots of people have when swimming at a beach or a lake. People cannot hide anything when swimming besides a small key or some coins. But at the lakes where I use to go for a swim during summer I haven't made a bad experience yet. At lonely places it is usually not a problem. But at more public places it quickly may turn into one. Not only the car key, but money, mobilephone, documents, clothes or bicycle as well. When going to swim you have to leave things behind. Alternatively can be used a water-tight bag that can be taken into the water to swim with. But then free swimming could become a little bit difficult. I usually ask other guests to take a look at the goods when I am in the water and on the other hand I offer and do the same. At my lakes it was never stolen anything to me.

drummer0083
United States of America

Post by drummer0083 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:48 pm

diveguy wrote:Exactly the same way you mention! Tying it into the knot of my drawstring and letting it hang inside. Not so good for modern keys that are key and remote all in one, and those newer "keyless" type ignitions where you just keep the fob inside your pocket and push a button to start once you're inside the car - those would be problematic for hiding while wearing a speedo. But I've spent considerable amount of time swimming, snorkeling and freediving with a simple old fashioned metal car key tied inside my skimpy little speedo. Worked out great.
Some of those newer cars have a keypad entry. I know my Dad's new car has a 5-button keypad above the door handle on the drivers side that will let you in after you punch in the code. He used to use it for that all the time.

...:::sam:::...
Australia

Post by ...:::sam:::... » Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:54 am

In my shoes. Nobody would ever think to look in my shoes!

To make them extra hard to find, I then throw my towel over my shoes so nobody sees them. :lol:

I thought that was where everybody hid their keys.

Bullseye
United States of America

Post by Bullseye » Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:35 am

...:::sam:::... wrote:In my shoes. Nobody would ever think to look in my shoes!

To make them extra hard to find, I then throw my towel over my shoes so nobody sees them. :lol:

Hey Everybody,

Free Car!!!!! First one to find Sam's shoes wins. :mrgreen:

shadowsplash

Post by shadowsplash » Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:59 am

timinauckland wrote:There are 2 cars in my household. I usually take the older car to the beach, so I can separate the remote and metal key. I tie the metal key on the cord inside my Aussiebum. I don't bring any wallet or phone to the beach. Inside the bag I leave on the beach, there's only a tower, a singlet and shorts. Worse case scenario: if the whole bag is stolen, I can still walk to my car and drive off in speedos. Sounds sexy but hope that won't happen in the near future.

How does everyone hide the car key when swimming in the sea? 8)
Here's me thinking that this is only a issue in South Africa, I'm sure its not as much of a issue abroad as it is here.
Here you have to go the extra mile and still people leave items of value in their cars like laptops, I wish I was paid a dollar for every LP stolen.....

I use a large strong key ring and attach it to the sides of what I call under speedo's of my swim shorts on the beach.
When doing laps in the 50m pool I hide them in my wet bag..

...:::sam:::...
Australia

Post by ...:::sam:::... » Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:26 am

Bullseye wrote:
...:::sam:::... wrote:In my shoes. Nobody would ever think to look in my shoes!

Hey Everybody,

Free Car!!!!! First one to find Sam's shoes wins. :mrgreen:
Id be looking for a better pair of shoes than mine! :lol:

I've never heard of anybody swimming with keys before. I think most people just throw them in their shoes or a bag and its generally good. Pool locker rooms - thats a different story.

Scottiebum
Great Britain

Post by Scottiebum » Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:51 am

Yeah, I would agree with Sam, in shoes or in daybag. If no one to watch it then it comes down near the water so I can keep an eye on it. No keys in speedos!
Straight
Scottish
Speedo

zaps
United States of America

Post by zaps » Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:30 am

For me it varies.

When I'm at a beach or public pool, I'll hide it in clothes, all further buried under towel, bag, etc. I also try to put it in that hiding spot before I ever get to the beach, so no one sees where you're hiding it.

When I go kayaking, it's at a rental company that I work for, so I just leave my keys with them behind the counter, but there are also coin lockers that I would use if I wasn't affiliated with the rental company.

Dropping keys in the water and losing them I've seen happen to other people and it's a huge headache. I make sure my key is VERY secure, whatever I do with it.

nmspeedoboi
United States of America

Post by nmspeedoboi » Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:48 pm

I swim predominately at inland lakes. I have a pickup truck with a locking camper shell on the back. I sometimes use it as a "changing room" and keep stuff like my wallet (with drivers license etc.) and the truck ignition / door key in a large, built in tool box in the back of the truck beneath a whole bunch of stuff. I then wear the key to the camper on a short necklace string around my neck all day. The key actually slips onto a spiral coil type key ring I leave on the necklace and the nylon cord is extremely strong - I cannot break it tugging on it with all my strength using both hands. It is so short that I have to remove my sun glasses to take it off over my head. Never had a bit of problem in several years of doing it this way and I seriously swim - often times several miles in a day; and I often dive off from a fixed or floating dock or raft.