G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Time to hang up the speedos and switch to boardies

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

nomorespeedos4me
Azerbaijan

Time to hang up the speedos and switch to boardies

Post by nomorespeedos4me » Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:25 am

So this is it. I have finally done it. I am tired, and I am finally giving in. I am hanging up the speedos and switching to boardshorts. I am sure you want to know why.

I am tired of the speedo jokes.
speedo joke.png
speedo joke.png (117.21 KiB) Viewed 9121 times
I am tired of the children asking their mothers, "Why is that man swimming in his underwear?"
crying over speedo.jpg
crying over speedo.jpg (20.79 KiB) Viewed 9121 times
I am tired of being stared at in the gym shower because of my speedo tan
speedo burn.jpg
speedo burn.jpg (39.94 KiB) Viewed 9121 times
I am tired of being the only guy at the pool or beach wearing a speedo
only one.jpg
only one.jpg (17.23 KiB) Viewed 9121 times
And I am tired of all the creative ways people choose to describe my swimwear.
slang.jpg
slang.jpg (19.06 KiB) Viewed 9121 times
I want to be normal. I want to fit in. I want to buy my swimwear at the store without watching the cashier snicker. I want to wear big and baggy shorts that fully hide my man parts and allow me to have amazingly bronzed legs from the knees down.

And I know that you all will fully support my decision. Because even though this is a speedo forum, we are all about supporting each other. Free to be ourselves. Diversity. I have decided this is who I want to be. So you now can refer to me as the swimmer formerly known as..., or if you prefer, my new username, nomorespeedos4me.

I want to thank you for your support during this transition time for me. It means a lot to know you care about me as a person, not about what I choose (or don't choose) to swim in.
Last edited by nomorespeedos4me on Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nomorespeedos4me
Azerbaijan

going, going, gone...

Post by nomorespeedos4me » Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:30 am

thankfully deleted
Last edited by nomorespeedos4me on Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

electric2010
United States of America

Re: Time to hang up the speedos and switch to boardies

Post by electric2010 » Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:52 pm

They need to be baggier, and you need to be wear plaid boxer shorts - not boxer briefs - with the waste band showing.
Maybe something florescent green!

VAspeedo
United States of America

Post by VAspeedo » Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:10 pm

too revealing.
Attachments
2c4fc90f04188a045585f9a8564afb7d.jpg
2c4fc90f04188a045585f9a8564afb7d.jpg (8.47 KiB) Viewed 9080 times

Baltspeed
Latvia

Post by Baltspeed » Thu Aug 11, 2016 4:15 pm

Are you making a joke or are you a fake?
Sorry, but I cannot imagine such a sudden change from speedos to baggy boardshorts.
I don't believe this thread!

_su_
United States of America

Post by _su_ » Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:43 pm

Well that's disappointing. Can't even go between to a modest square cut? Such as the much championed (and personally tried and approved) Grigio Perla as worn by Daniel Craig. Or even more comfortable (and wife preferred to the Perlas), Parke & Ronen square cut. The P&R suits are significantly thicker than your average suit, but honestly more modest than emerging from the water with board shorts on and having the material wetted down against your body making your package appear vacuum sealed and prominent. Expensive? Yes. Watch for sales on Amazon, etc.

I would also recommend the 2xist square cuts. Had one stolen from my suite on vacation in Mexico, and wife liked them enough to buy an exact replacement. Good thing I had packed extra speedos!
Speedo tanlines - making you even easier to find in the dark...

speedoboi
Canada

Post by speedoboi » Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:32 pm

nomorespeedos4me wrote:So this is it. I have finally done it. I am tired, and I am finally giving in. I am hanging up the speedos and switching to boardshorts. I am sure you want to know why.

I am tired of the speedo jokes.
speedo joke.png
I am tired of the children asking their mothers, "Why is that man swimming in his underwear?"
crying over speedo.jpg
I am tired of being stared at in the gym shower because of my speedo tan
speedo burn.jpg
I am tired of being the only guy at the pool or beach wearing a speedo
only one.jpg
And I am tired of all the creative ways people choose to describe my swimwear.
slang.jpg
I want to be normal. I want to fit in. I want to buy my swimwear at the store without watching the cashier snicker. I want to wear big and baggy shorts that fully hide my man parts and allow me to have amazingly bronzed legs from the knees down.

And I know that you all will fully support my decision. Because even though this is a speedo forum, we are all about supporting each other. Free to be ourselves. Diversity. I have decided this is who I want to be. So you now can refer to me as the swimmer formerly known as bullseye, or if you prefer, my new username, nomorespeedos4me.

I want to thank you for your support during this transition time for me. It means a lot to know you care about me as a person, not about what I choose (or don't choose) to swim in.
What support are you talking about? Please leave this forum as you are a discouragement to other members. Couldn't you at least wear shorts above the knee?
You're pathetic.

diveguy
United States of America

Re: Help me choose my new suit

Post by diveguy » Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:39 am

nomorespeedos4me wrote:Now that I am making the switch, I need to know what suit I look best in. Please help me choose.
If I remember correctly, Bullseye was one of our most really great looking in a speedo members. Would like to see the old Bullseye avatar once more to be sure. I'm very sad about this new change. Not nearly as sad as I am to see that the Italian YouTube speedo voyeur guy has once again taken down all his videos of Italian men strutting the beaches of Italy in their tiny black speedos, but still, I am sad for Bullseye.

Nevertheless, if you want advice on your new "look", then here's what I suggest:

1. Your boardies aren't nearly long enough. They need to extend down to about halfway between the ankle and the bottom of the knee. And they need to balloon out more to make them baggier. I would suggest doing a search on YouTube for "Talking Heads, Stop Making Sense Live" and "David Byrne giant white suit" to get an idea of how baggy the trunks need to be.

2. While you're at it, please throw away your briefer underwear, including bikinis and thongs if you have any. Go for the big, heavy, cotton boxers, with the big, wide elastic waistbands, and the tablecloth-like prints. Then wear your jeans halfway down your ass so as to expose about 4 inches of those boxers style underwear as you walk down the street, just like the true gangsta boardshort afficionados do. You'll really fit in that way, and not stand out from the crowd.

3. And then, most importantly, be sure to wear those boxer shorts underwear inside your actual swimwear boardshorts, and even let the boardshorts hang down low on your ass so as to expose about 2 to 3 inches of underwear when visiting the beach or the pool.

All of these tips will help you blend in with the crowd. Be safe. Be conformist. Be happy.
Underwater and Speedo loving straight guy

Scottiebum
Great Britain

Post by Scottiebum » Fri Aug 12, 2016 6:17 am

Baltspeed wrote:Are you making a joke or are you a fake?
Sorry, but I cannot imagine such a sudden change from speedos to baggy boardshorts.
I don't believe this thread!
Think he is having a laugh!
Straight
Scottish
Speedo

FIFA_D

Post by FIFA_D » Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:07 am

I hope this is a joke

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Bullseye
United States of America

Time to tell the truth

Post by Bullseye » Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:44 pm

So guys,

Bullseye here (thank heavens Dave hasn't locked me out yet). And no, I haven't given up wearing speedos. I lost a bet to a forum member, and the punishment was that I had to post a picture or pictures of myself in board shorts. I thought about how to go about it, and posting a pic and saying, "hey guys, here I am in boardshorts" seemed a bit lame. So I came up with the idea to pretend that I was giving up speedos, and to see the response that I would get. So congrats to Scottie and all of you who figured out it wasn't for real (I thought the pics I used with the reasons would be a big giveaway). Maybe it was a bad idea. Maybe I should have just switched my avatar pic to boardies and seen if anyone even noticed.

That said, I am going to say something that may make me even less popular than I am at the moment. I think some of us need to work on being a bit more tolerant of people who see things differently than us in this area. I have seen many posts slamming narrow minded, uptight, so called "family values" folks who have no tolerance for the speedo wearers among us. But intolerance cuts both ways. I have yet to meet an intolerant person who doesn't think he is intolerant for all the right reasons. "But some things are just not meant to be tolerated!" they say. And I actually believe that to be the case for some things, like say, wife beating. But frankly, people who want freedom and tolerance for their lifestyle choices really ought to be willing to extend the same to those who happen to chose differently.

So I apologize that my post caused some undue commotion. If I had to do it over again, I most likely would go a different route. nomorespeedos4me is no more. Hopefully Bullseye is not.

Have a great weekend everyone. I will be back in the pool in my speedos as soon as I get the chance.

By the way diveguy, thanks for the compliment: one of our most really great looking in a speedo members. It made me smile. Hopefully now some of you can go back and reread my original post and do the same.

ChicagoDan

Post by ChicagoDan » Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:00 pm

I kind of sensed that, after all, post often. Glad to see the speedo photo back.

budgybloke
Australia

Post by budgybloke » Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:51 pm

You speedo rascal, you. Should've held out to see how many more outraged comments you received.

Now we can see you're good for a bet. Makes me wonder.....what else will you do for a wager?

Wriggler Rusty
Croatia

Post by Wriggler Rusty » Sat Aug 13, 2016 1:10 am

I wanted to post this before, and no matter that it was revealed that this was a joke I will still write what i wanted to.
Although it is sad when someone is forced to change his mind about what will he wear because of the pressure from other people, I have to say that I am surprised how some of the guys above reacted.
After all, this forum is all about empowering people would wear what they want to wear (of course, within reason). So instead of telling someone that he is pathetic and to leave the forum we should encourage the fellow member to try to stick to wear speedo's. After all, he probably wore them because he felt comfortable in them, and liked them till now. He probably still wants to wear them but feels that the pressure is unbearable. And maybe think about how someone feels before accusing him that he is a conformist.
I understand that sometimes listening to bad comments can be very discouraging. But I think there is one thing that you should always keep in mind. People will always talk, give you strange looks, but just think about this - Majority of these people are just strangers to you. You don't need to care what some stranger thinks about you. Just stay proud and live your life. Hang in there

Guys and girls, just be nice to each other, try not to judge other people and everything will be OK :)
Regards from somewhat cold Croatia

diveguy
United States of America

Post by diveguy » Sat Aug 13, 2016 2:00 am

I kind of sensed it was all a put on. I tried to make my response equally as put on. Figured if this is the way he wants it, just go in full force and support his decision. I never endorsed the idea though that he should leave the forum. Anyway, I'm glad Bullseye is back. Now, how do we get the Italian voyeur speedo videos back onto YouTube again?
Underwater and Speedo loving straight guy

electric2010
United States of America

Post by electric2010 » Sat Aug 13, 2016 7:09 am

I too felt that it was some sort of joke on bullseye's part. My response was to be tounge in cheek. Had you really intended the switch to nothing but board shorts, I would have been very sad, but supportive. In my own journey, I have been able to wear them proudly on a public beach. There will still be plenty of times that will still require board shorts. Thankfully, you will still be able to inspire us (me) to wear our speedos!

Baltspeed
Latvia

Post by Baltspeed » Sat Aug 13, 2016 1:10 pm

Yeah, I was right in doubting this thread. It is impossible to change an opinion such as hard without being brain-washed or so!
But it was a good idea or joke, appropriate to startle most of the forum members. Welcome back, Bullseye!

timinauckland
New Zealand

Post by timinauckland » Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:55 pm

Funny that. At the moment, I'm selling all my other used swimwear and only keeping the speedo-style pairs . Generally the less coverage = the sexier. This is not intolerance, but consensus. :P

swimmy

Post by swimmy » Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:21 am

I figured it was a joke, too. Funny. As if anyone ever stops wearing speedos. LOL..

Red^^Speedo
United States of America

Post by Red^^Speedo » Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:44 am

Pull my leg again' I kinda liked it. ;) :lol: