G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Speedo in front of the in laws?

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

BJE
United States of America

Re: Speedo in front of the in laws?

Post by BJE » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:35 pm

I’ve never been swimming with my in laws but if I did I wouldn’t likely wear a speedo. I used to wear a speedo around my side of the family but I haven’t in years and they’d probably be shocked. I wear them regularly around my children.

navyblackmaroon
United States of America

Post by navyblackmaroon » Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:28 pm

Judging from my facebook holiday pictures, my in laws side of the family should be aware that I am a speedo wearer by now.

blueflinch
Australia

Post by blueflinch » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:32 pm

Not around the in-laws. But around my favourite male cousin once, yes. Needless to say, later that evening, we ended up on the same queen-sized bed, hands down each other's boxer shorts. He must have liked what he saw in my sluggers! :lol:

SpeedoDad78
United States of America

Post by SpeedoDad78 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 3:22 am

We got to the in-laws' for our post Christmas holiday. We don't exchange much in the way of the gifts, but they like to put out stockings with a a few little things for us.

After dinner, we opened our stockings. There was a little wrapped box inside. I opened it, and pulled out speedo.

"Thought you could use a new one while you're here," said my mother-in-law.

They'd bought a speedo for my son too. She must have asked my wife for our sizes, because they were correct.

Of course, we wore them in the hot tub that night. I couldn't help but notice my father-in-law had a new speedo of his own.

Looking forward to more fun this trip.

SpeedoUSA

Post by SpeedoUSA » Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:29 am

SpeedoDad78 wrote:We got to the in-laws' for our post Christmas holiday. We don't exchange much in the way of the gifts, but they like to put out stockings with a a few little things for us.

After dinner, we opened our stockings. There was a little wrapped box inside. I opened it, and pulled out speedo.

"Thought you could use a new one while you're here," said my mother-in-law.

They'd bought a speedo for my son too. She must have asked my wife for our sizes, because they were correct.

Of course, we wore them in the hot tub that night. I couldn't help but notice my father-in-law had a new speedo of his own.

Looking forward to more fun this trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Str8 Speedo fan

MISpeedo
United States of America

Post by MISpeedo » Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:33 am

FIFA. Good choice in wearing the square cut for the first day with family, but sure you would have been fine with your JOR. Your JOR swim brief is a great suit and it looks perfect on you. A suit you can wear anywhere with anyone around. With your build you can wear anything you want to.

swimmy

Post by swimmy » Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:00 am

This thread has evolved into an interesting one.
As I travel a bit, and swim my daily laps wherever I am, I may end up in a town that has relatives I'll stay with or at least visit. It isn't unusual for them to want to go to the local rec center and play too, although not necessarily actually swim laps with me. They would quickly notice that I wear a speedo to swim in. As do other lap swimmers present.
A couple times a year a long weekend might be used to compete in a Masters swim meet, my favorite ones are within four hours drive time and might be in the cities where friends and relatives live, especially one every year where my wifes parents live. It's cool to have a little cheering section in the gallery, and I am certain they all notice what I wear on deck. Not that I stand out or anything, a swim meet has lots of guys in speedos. It's kind of the norm, you know.

SpeedoDad78
United States of America

Post by SpeedoDad78 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:41 am

You may recall my posts about spending spring break at my in-law's. Since it was just our family, we spent a little time skinny dipping (and got caught by the neighbors).

It's been a full house this trip, so we've been a little less liberated. That said, we have spent most of our time in swimsuits. It's given me an opportunity to put my growing speedo collection to good use.

My brother-in-law didn't have much vacation left this year, so he and my sister-in-law had to head home before the new year leaving us to celebrate with my mother and father-in-law.

New Years Eve morning, my son, father-in-law, and I enjoyed breakfast in our speedos. We spent most of the day lounging on the deck and around the house until the sun went down.

"So what should we do tonight?" my mother-in-law asked after dinner. "Anyone want to go watch the fireworks?"

My son and daughter exchanged a glance. "Actually, we kinda just want to stay here," my daughter answered.

"Fine by me," replied her grandma. "Want to watch a movie until midnight?"

"Well," my daughter trailed off seeming to muster up courage to continue. "[My brother] and I were thinking this year we could do Nude Years Eve."

"Did you say nude?" her grandma asked.

My daughter blushed a little with embarrassment, but nodded confirmation.

"Last spring while we were here, we did a little skinny dipping," my wife stepped in to explain.

Now it was my mother-in-law's turn to be embarrassed. "Oh," she said.

"Nude Years Eve might be a bit much for grandma and grandpa," my wife said to our daughter. Both kids looked disappointed.

"I don't want to ruin everyone's fun," my mother-in-law said defensively.

My daughter's eyes lit up. "It's kinda weird at first, but you'll really like it," she said.

"So, what do we do?" asked her grandma.

My daughter shrugged. "We kinda just get naked," she replied.

Her mom stepped in again. "Why don't we use the hot tub. You can come down in a towel or robe," she said.

"We'll meet you outside," my mother-in-law replied taking her husband in tow.

The four of us went to our rooms. My wife and I were the first out to the deck wrapped only in our towels.

The neighbors, Lara and Steven were on their deck. "Happy New Year," said Lara as we got closer.

Speedoaddict
Great Britain

Post by Speedoaddict » Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:23 am

Brilliant. Sound like you had a great night. Wish my family was like that.
My parents are kind of old fashioned when it comes to stuff like that. Lol.
Love speedos, running shorts, rugby shorts, Aussie rules footy shorts.

MrMusik
United States of America

Post by MrMusik » Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:13 pm

No doubt! It definitely sounds like an excellent new year's party was had at your place!

SpeedoDad78
United States of America

Post by SpeedoDad78 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:13 am

We greeted Lara and Steven making polite conversation.

"Ending the year with a little time in the hot tub?" Steven asked.

"Yeah, the kids want to squeeze in one last soak before the new year," my wife replied.

The towel that was wrapped around my waist came loose. I grabbed it before it fell to the ground, but I was still exposed. "Whoops, sorry about that," I said as I wrapped it around my waist again.

"Ah, you're going nackt," said Lara. "It's more comfortable that way, no?"

"We'll see how my parents feel about that," my wife said. "You're more than welcome to join us. There's plenty of room."

Lara turned to Steven, who seemed agreeable. "That sounds very nice," she said. "We'll join you in a few minutes." They went into their house.

Our kids came out shortly after. Neither had bothered with a towel. I got the hot tub uncovered and started the jets. My wife and I hung up our own towels and we all got into the water.

My in-laws came outside wearing robes. They walked over to the hot tub and stood awkwardly on the edge. "You two getting in or what?" my wife finally asked with a big smile.

"So you're all nude?" my mother-in-law asked. The bubbles obscured our bodies.

"No, this was all just a ploy to embarrass you," my wife replied jokingly.

The neighbor's door opened, and Steven and Lara emerged nude. They went down to the beach and came up onto our deck.

My in-laws were slightly stunned as they said hello and joined us in the hot tub. They waited a little longer. Finally my mother-in-law dropped her robe and got into the water. Her husband followed.

"If it were snowing, I'd feel like I was back in Switzerland," Lara said.

"Not likely here," replied my mother-in-law. "Do people usually skinny dip where you're from?" she asked.

"Skinny dip? Ah, you mean naked. Yes, we always go naked in the sauna and jacuzzi," answered Lara. "Most Americans are too shy. It's nice to meet some that aren't so uptight."

"We used to be those uptight Americans," my wife said.

"You wear the bikini swimsuits like European men," she said gesturing to me and my son.

"We've only been wearing them about a year," I said.

"I've tried to get Steven to wear one, but he says that's not what men wear here," she replied.

"Clearly we're the exception," I said.

We sat a while longer, just enjoying the water. "Can we use the shower to cool off?" Lara asked.

"Of course," said my wife.

Lara and Steven got out and rinsed off. My in-laws gaped at them. "Actually, I think I'll do the same," said my wife. One by one, my wife, the kids, and I got out. We took turns showering in the cool water.

"You guys don't want to overheat," my wife said to her parents.

Reluctantly, they got out of the hot tub. My father-in-law was fully aroused and clearly feeling exposed. They rinsed off. No one else bothered to put anything on, so they did the same.

Lara was very attractive, and my son clearly noticed. As we stood on the deck his hormones kicked in and he grew to attention.

My wife noticed. "Sorry, this is the first time we've socialized nude with anyone outside the family," she explained.

"It's quite okay," laughed Lara. "I have four brothers, so I've grown accustomed to it."

Speedoaddict
Great Britain

Post by Speedoaddict » Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:44 am

Good on you. Changing attitudes. Great story. Looking forward to reading more in the future from you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Love speedos, running shorts, rugby shorts, Aussie rules footy shorts.

MrMusik
United States of America

Post by MrMusik » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:24 am

SpeedoDad78 wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:13 am

"We used to be those uptight Americans," my wife said.
Excellent! I really enjoy reading about your adventures, SpeedoDad78!

It is always great to hear about you and your wife instilling great body positive images in your kids. God knows, those teen years can be so tough. Knowing that they have your support and that you guys are so willing to go against the norm is a powerful influence for them.

You guys really are winning at parenting.

Keep up the good work and Speedo on!