G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Bit of encouragement

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

jdswim20000

Bit of encouragement

Post by jdswim20000 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:27 pm

Hey all. I just bought my first pair of TYR 2" briefs. I must admit they are amazing. However, I'm a little apprehensive to wear them to the pool. I've busted my regular black speedo out for my normal workouts, but this one is a bit more bright (and smaller)! Have any of you worked through this before? Need a little encouragement

Scottiebum
Great Britain

Re: Bit of encouragement

Post by Scottiebum » Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:22 am

Go for it! Judging by your picture you would look great in it. In a workout situation no one is going to look twice at a fit guy in a 2" speedo, especially if you are confident.
Btw remember the pictures!
Straight
Scottish
Speedo

fbanks
United States of America

Post by fbanks » Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:28 am

Do it! I remember when I slowly switched from regular Speedos to smaller Asian suits ... starting with solid colors with side panels, then added some bolder colors. Started getting looks and comments from both the guys and gals alike. Nothing negative in the least, things like 'nice color', 'interesting suit', 'that's different', but I also swim 40 laps non-stop. A Tyr 2-inch with a little color shouldn't be offensive in the least, and might get you some nice attention!
Check My Collection in Photos ... always adding new pictures! Fletch.

socalswimmer
United States of America

Post by socalswimmer » Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:27 am

Go for it! Take comfort in knowing that you'll be pretty concealed once in the water. You can then get more comfortable after a few laps.
See & Show

jdswim20000

Post by jdswim20000 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:05 pm

Thanks you guys! I really appreciate the encouragement. I'm going tomorrow and swimming in them!

I'll be sure to post pictures of them soon!

52dno98
United States of America

Post by 52dno98 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:49 am

jdswim20000 wrote:Hey all. I just bought my first pair of TYR 2" briefs. I must admit they are amazing. However, I'm a little apprehensive to wear them to the pool. I've busted my regular black speedo out for my normal workouts, but this one is a bit more bright (and smaller)! Have any of you worked through this before? Need a little encouragement
Which ones did you get? I have to say I really like Tyr 2" suits. I now own three. But because they're pretty loud, I pick the times I wear them pretty carefully- during the evenings/afternoons when I swim, the pool has kids and older people dog paddling up and down the lanes, so I wear a 3" solid suit. But when I go to the pool at 5:30am, when it's just the "serious" swimmers, I wear my 2" suits.

52dno98
United States of America

Post by 52dno98 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:30 am

BTW- I noticed one of the Russian divers was wearing a Tyr 2" suit- the Papua (same as my present avatar).
russian_olympian_tyr.jpg
russian_olympian_tyr.jpg (353.87 KiB) Viewed 9286 times

52dno98
United States of America

Post by 52dno98 » Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:00 pm

Any updates?!?!

I just spent a week in Florida and decided that while I was lap swimming at a pool at which I knew no one, I'd *only* wear my Tyr 2" suits. I brought a Tyr Valor (kind of an American flag pattern) and a Papua. I ended up only wearing the Papua. The first day I changed in the locker room and wore shorts over them until a lane opened up, when I shucked the shorts and jumped in. There were a couple of older guys wearing speedos, too, so I didn't feel TOO out of the ordinary. On day two, I just walked into the locker room, changed my shorts for my suit, and walked out onto the deck in a t-shirt and speedo.

So yesterday I went to my home pool and said "eff it" and also wore my Papua suit in the middle of the afternoon. Again, I walked out onto the deck wearing just a t-shirt and suit. When I was done with my workout, I didn't even cover up with a towel on my way to the locker room.

I guess that's a long-winded way of saying, "wear the 2-inch suit in public!" It may take a little bit to ease yourself into, but each little step will build your confidence and soon it'll be no big deal.

swimsharkau
Australia

Post by swimsharkau » Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:29 pm

Go for it I say. And wear it with confidence as if its no smaller than board shorts. People seem to care less when you look like you wear it all the time.

I bought a pair of red Quiksilver briefs a couple of years ago in a boys size 16. They looked and fit great, perhaps a little on the snug size but not too bad.

I wore them to the pool and the beach a couple of times and although I got a couple of second glances nobody said anything or seemed to mind too much.

It wasn't until I went swimming in a backyard pool and got out in front of a reflective window that I realised when wet the material clung so tight that you could perfectly see the outline and shape of everything. I may as well have been wearing nothing.

I think that even though they were like this, because I wore them so confidently - obviously not knowing at the time how they looked when wet - that people didn't seem to care...

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:31 pm

jdswim20000 wrote:Hey all. I just bought my first pair of TYR 2" briefs. I must admit they are amazing. However, I'm a little apprehensive to wear them to the pool. I've busted my regular black speedo out for my normal workouts, but this one is a bit more bright (and smaller)! Have any of you worked through this before? Need a little encouragement
With a body like you have, a TYR 2" would look awesome. I also like TYR. They seem to fit me better than Speedo brand. Another suit that's surprisingly good for the money is the SwimOutlet Sporti Euro brief. I had one but gave it to someone. Really should get another.
Long time Speedo® lover

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:48 pm

52dno98 wrote:BTW- I noticed one of the Russian divers was wearing a Tyr 2" suit- the Papua (same as my present avatar).
russian_olympian_tyr.jpg
Holy crow. I can remember when divers suits were cut MUCH higher. Since the swimmers are all in jammers, only the divers wear speedo cuts now.
Long time Speedo® lover

diveguy
United States of America

Post by diveguy » Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:09 am

Thom wrote:Holy crow. I can remember when divers suits were cut MUCH higher. Since the swimmers are all in jammers, only the divers wear speedo cuts now.
Yeah. Ain't it great?!

Oh and, don't forget the water polo dudes, too. Divers and water polo players - keeping the briefer cuts alive in competitive sports!
Underwater and Speedo loving straight guy

jdswim20000

Post by jdswim20000 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:45 pm

Hey I wore those 2" today to my swim. They are amazing. They felt so small when i got out of the pool 8)
Attachments
Photo on 12-4-16 at 7.32 PM.jpg
Photo on 12-4-16 at 7.32 PM.jpg (57.17 KiB) Viewed 8105 times

jdswim20000

Post by jdswim20000 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:04 pm

One from the side
Attachments
Photo on 12-4-16 at 7.32 PM #3.jpg
Photo on 12-4-16 at 7.32 PM #3.jpg (53.41 KiB) Viewed 8102 times

budgybloke
Australia

Post by budgybloke » Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:00 am

Woooooow - hot!

Everything's looking good.

Scottiebum
Great Britain

Post by Scottiebum » Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:33 am

Wow, great look!
Straight
Scottish
Speedo

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:02 pm

diveguy wrote:
Thom wrote:Holy crow. I can remember when divers suits were cut MUCH higher. Since the swimmers are all in jammers, only the divers wear speedo cuts now.
Yeah. Ain't it great?!

Oh and, don't forget the water polo dudes, too. Divers and water polo players - keeping the briefer cuts alive in competitive sports!
For sure. And both the divers and water polo guys wear them tight and small.
Long time Speedo® lover

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:03 pm

jdswim20000 wrote:One from the side
You look awesome in those.
Long time Speedo® lover

swimtimx

Post by swimtimx » Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:01 am

Looking great from every angle .. I'm sure most of the other swimmers were jealous :)
--Tim

electric2010
United States of America

Post by electric2010 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:55 pm

I'd love to be swimming laps with you!