G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

New speedo fan

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

Briefsboy1
Great Britain

New speedo fan

Post by Briefsboy1 » Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:54 am

Hey everyone :)

So I'm relatively new to all of this and I was wondering if people could help me out :)

So I live in the uk and am 23 years old and want to start swimming in speedos

I'm a big fan of briefs, thongs and g-strings and know there is a lot of stigma surrounding them,
So I'm worried about wearing speedos in the pool and around the locker room, and changing into and out of briefs
Thongs etc.

Aside from the aesthetic side of it, and how much easier it is to swim in swim briefs, also find the whole exhibitiobist thing a massive turn on, I like the idea of guys seeing me in them but still lack the confidence to do so!

Cheers for any help

Thom
United States of America

Re: New speedo fan

Post by Thom » Thu Sep 22, 2016 4:13 pm

Briefsboy1 wrote:Hey everyone :)

So I'm relatively new to all of this and I was wondering if people could help me out :) ...

... I like the idea of guys seeing me in them but still lack the confidence to do so!

Cheers for any help
Hey Briefsboy1,

Start with a basic Speedo or Tyr or Adidas with wider sides, say, maybe three inches. And a conservative color, say black or navy. This is somewhat typically what lap/fitness swimmers might wear. You could head for the pool with confidence.

Thom
Long time Speedo® lover

chicagoswim

Post by chicagoswim » Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:42 pm

You honestly just have to jump in and do it. Whether it's a skimpy brief or a 3" side brief, it's still transitioning to a swim brief, which the thought is overwhelming.

If you like the exhibitionist aspect, I say just wear what you are most excited about. It gets easier the second, third, fourth time, etc.. But the first is always the hardest, no matter the size of coverage. So wear what you like most because nothing will really make the transition easier in my opinion. Brief is brief, whether a 1" solar or a 4" sunga.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
wearing what I want, where I want, when I want...no exceptions! ;-)

diveguy
United States of America

Post by diveguy » Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:08 am

I echo what chicagoswim said. You already have in mind what kind(s) of suits you are most drawn to, but you might not yet be admitting it to yourself or embracing it when it comes to actually purchasing and wearing one. There is the thought of going conservative your first time out and buying/wearing a "starter" suit that is not as skimpy as you'd really like it to be, but you figure you'll get some confidence with that suit first and later graduate to other suits that are briefer. This was my own thinking when I went to the store with the intention of buying a much smaller swimsuit after years of secretly lusting for one. I thought I might buy a square-cut suit, or even some very small swim shorts, the kind with the slit sides. When I was in the store, I saw the actual speedos hanging on the pegs, and I just knew I would not be at all happy if I left the store with anything but a smaller brief type of speedo A serious type of speedo. I ended up buying the briefest available, a tiny black Speedo with actual one-inch sides. And I was at once thrilled, excited, heart poundingly scared shitless, but incredibly happy when I walked out of the store with that nasty little swimsuit. I couldn't wait to wear it at the beach and in the water. It did take some nerve, and time, to do that, however, but it eventually became easier and easier, and I've never been happier or more satisfied than when I finally compelled myself to be a speedo wearer.

Be practical in your situation, though. Going the extreme thong or g-string route might not be the best thing for a public pool. But a briefer speedo... go for it!!! You'll be amazed how incredible it feels to swim in one - the freedom of movement, the feel of the water against your bare thighs, how nice and snug the suit feels against your dick, balls and ass, etc. Truly splendid. And then your exhibitionist side will get supercharged as well, obviously.
Underwater and Speedo loving straight guy

swimtimx

Post by swimtimx » Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:05 am

So I'm relatively new to all of this and I was wondering if people could help me out :)

I'm a big fan of briefs, thongs and g-strings and know there is a lot of stigma surrounding them,
So I'm worried about wearing speedos in the pool and around the locker room, and changing into and out of briefs
Thongs etc.

Aside from the aesthetic side of it, and how much easier it is to swim in swim briefs, also find the whole exhibitiobist thing a massive turn on, I like the idea of guys seeing me in them but still lack the confidence to do so!
I feel/felt the same way, but once I overcame the fear factor I loved it. First, as others noted, swimming in speedos is SO much better than shorts (why do you think olympic swimmers all do it?). And yes, it is kinda hot being a bit more "on show" than the average guy (who, imho, is the one who has a hang up, not us!). I've worn speedos to the pool/beach all my life (mostly minimal ones), and no-one has ever said anything bad. As others noted, start with something middle ground, and then experiment and see what is the most fun for you as you build confidence. And let us all know here how you get on! :)

The way I've always looked at it is simple .. girls are pretty much expected to wear skimpy swimsuits, so why shouldn't guys? The guys (mostly straight, it must be said) who freak out about speedos are really just being hypocrites imho.

--Tim
--Tim

Briefsboy1
Great Britain

Post by Briefsboy1 » Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:33 am

Guys this is all amazing advice honestly! I own a normal brief type speedo and a micro cut one so will try wearing the normal one for a few times first to build my confidence up first! Everything you've all said is vervet sound and makes a lot of sense so really appreciate that!

In response to the comment about thongs and g-strings I would only wear them on a beach, perhaps a nudist beach to start where I guess it's less likely to be scandalous haha!

Anyway here are my speedos so would love to know what you think
Attachments
IMG_0388.JPG
IMG_0388.JPG (133.46 KiB) Viewed 9031 times

Scottiebum
Great Britain

Post by Scottiebum » Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:02 am

I would echo all the comments above - I cannot imagine swimming in anything more than a speedo.
As for your picture looks perfect on you and just fine for the pool!
Straight
Scottish
Speedo

chicagoswim

Post by chicagoswim » Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:56 am

Great picture! I felt the same as you when I first started. But I did jump in with a 1" speedo as well. I figured, what the hell! And i was 18 and wore it on vacation in front of my parents, who were a little shocked to see my choice for vacation. It was amazing!!

I do wear thongs where I can and recently wore them on the beach in San Juan, PR. Tiny swim briefs for the pool though. Actually, I had on the least fabric in the pool and it was busy! But no one said a word or gave me any nasty looks. Check out N2N Bodywear's floral print DareDevil bikini. I have red and blue and wore them both to the pool. :)

Good luck! You're going to LOVE it!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
wearing what I want, where I want, when I want...no exceptions! ;-)

bluebird70

Post by bluebird70 » Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:23 pm

briefsboy

u look good in a speedo just go for it

luv to chat with you - skype me - redrobin7272

JustaSpeedoguy
New Zealand

Post by JustaSpeedoguy » Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:38 am

Hey Briefsboy,

I was really similar to you wanting to swim in speedos but nervous about how people might react or even coming across and seeing people I know at the pool.

I bought a 2inch side pair of black speedos and wore them swimming a couple of times under my swimming shorts, then for a few times after that I would take off my swim shorts once I was in the pool and swim with just my speedos. That helped me get used to it, but was a bit lame ha. So one time I only packed my speedos in my swim bag so I had no choice once I was there but to wear them and I haven't looked back since.

Now I get changed into my speedos in the locker room, have to walk past a bunch of people on the way to the pool, swim in them, hop in the spa and sauna wearing them and communal shower at the pool. It feels amazing to swim and wear them walking around, it feels so normal now as well, it feels wrong when I don't wear them swimming ha. I even bumped into some guys I know at the pool recently, they just said nice speedo and haven't mentioned or brought up anything since. Recently I started wearing my speedos to the beach which feels even more amazing and freeing again.

Anyway all I'm really trying to say is go for it man and act confident in them (just pretend like you are, if you act like you belong in them people will go with it), once you start wearing them at the pool you'll kick yourself for not doing it sooner.

Briefsboy1
Great Britain

Post by Briefsboy1 » Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:23 am

Honestly guys you're all so incredible! Unfortunately I didn't go in the end because I panicked - packed nothing spare so when I got there I wouldn't have a choice but to wear them but couldn't bring myself to enter the building but I am so determined to change that, think I might try and go next week!

Going to wear my thicker speedos for the first few times to get comfortable and then try my micro pair once I've gathered the confidence!

I know deep down I shouldn't care what people think, I mean why should I! I think I just need to get over my insecurities by just doing it - as you all have said once I've done it I'll love it and there will be no turning back!just a shame the stigma exists really, all the guys my age (early to mid 20s) all wear board shorts or boxers so I'm going to stick out like adore thumb but I'm going to own it!

swimsharkau
Australia

Post by swimsharkau » Thu Oct 06, 2016 3:26 pm

Those striped briefs look fantastic. I've always had a thing for horizontal stripes on swimwear and underwear. Blue and white or grey and black.

Good luck with the public pool/speedo thing, it's funny how nervous you can be wearing a speedo for the first time in certain situations, then when it becomes normal you wonder how you were so scared.

I'm heading to Thailand for a holiday in a couple of weeks and can't wait to hit the beach or pool with the speedos on. Been wasting time planning which ones to pack. I've got nearly 40 pairs so it's not an easy decision.

Terron
Canada

Post by Terron » Thu Oct 06, 2016 5:20 pm

Take them all 0r at least 20 Show off a little & have fun

shadowsplash

Post by shadowsplash » Sun Oct 09, 2016 5:13 am

Hi, I can assure you that you will not be the only one at the pool in speedo's or shall we say swim briefs...not important.
The first time can feel rather embarrassing until you realize its all for nothing and you think to yourself...whatever...
Sure, there most certainly are going to be times when people will be eyeing you out but not like you think they are and if they are then its healthy...we're humans after all.

Other guys who you may notice checking you out will possibly be saying to themselves "I wish I could do the same and wear speedo's" so by wearing your swim briefs you'll be convincing other guys its not a bad thing after all and that you need not be bothered by the fashion myths doing the rounds on the net, in all honesty you will find most guys swimming at a pool in speedos than those in trunks, well that's what its like where I go as its a 50m indoor pool but when I go to the outdoor 25m pool in a nearby area that sees a lot of normal mess around public I still strip down and don't really worry about it and so does the life guard who occasionally joins me for laps but the majority of the mess around public are wearing those ridiculous awkward surfer trunks..

You'll get over the sensation soon that going to the pool will not get you a hook up, most are at the pool to swim, practice and well just cos they can swim...
Also bare in mind it only takes one wrong approach and you could end up being kicked out, maybe others can give advise on how to build up a swim wear chat with a total random person and it don't need to be a sexual thing as some may think, well not to me at least.
The only time I ever had a minor debut about the swim briefs was with my coach who is very young and a common wealth winner back in 2004, I think he felt more embarrassed than I did, was interesting but did say I looked better in the briefs than the squares

The benefit in briefs certainly have a massive advantage when doing laps which and sure many here do.
I started to wear the brief type as I found the square cuts uncomfortable and just went ahead and bought a few pairs of different brands in varying styles and colours, have to many and if you know where to look you can buy them at next to nothing, in winter and end of summer here they off load them for around 10 quid and we're talking Speedo, TYR, Arena etc, FINIS is still my favorite as they come in some awesome designs but rarely on sales rack due to the importer not selling to outlets.
Enjoy, its really not that bad and I love swiming now that I dont give a damn, before you wouldn't catch me near a pool for the exact same reason as you have, go for it and you'll fall in love with swimming more than ever before

Mazda3mps
Australia

Post by Mazda3mps » Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:03 pm

Thongs etc.

Cheers for any help

I started off going to the pool when there was less people..
or had shorts over them but showered in speedos only.
then got used to the feeling.. now i can walk around in speedos around the pool and it doesnt bother me :P
definitely feels super comfy.