G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Are speedos a gateway to gay?

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

Speedoaddict
Great Britain

Re: Are speedos a gateway to gay?

Post by Speedoaddict » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:32 pm

I don't believe that Speedos make a person straight, gay or bisexual.
The love for the Speedo is the same as loving running shorts, and football shorts (soccer shorts).
Same sex attraction has been around long before the Speedo.
Love speedos, running shorts, rugby shorts, Aussie rules footy shorts.

SpeedoSimone
Germany

Post by SpeedoSimone » Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:06 am

I dont think that speedos are gateway to becoming gay.

However, if you mean "gateway to finding out if someone is gay or not", thats another question. I think the answer has a strong geographic variable. Everyone agrees that Europeans and Latinos are more open about speedos compared to the USA, where speedos "are gay". This means that heterosexual men living in speedo-rejecting countries, like the US, are more likely to be discouraged from wearing speedos in order not to be identified as homosexuals. Contrary to this, men in speedo-accepting countries are less likely to be discouraged form wearing speedos, since speedos aren't related to one's sexuality.

Of course, all this is just based on "general knowledge" and it's by no means a statistical work. So take it with a grain of salt.
Last edited by SpeedoSimone on Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:21 pm

Mitch wrote:I have to agree you you speedosimon even. Living in the USA I see it and hear it all the time
Not all gay people like speedos.

I'd lost some weight, so I offered a gay friend some clothes that were now a size too big, including a really nice stretchy lycra, square cut swim suit--a suit that this forum would consider conservative. He loved the jeans and looked really hot in them. But he got a funny look on his face and rejected the square cut when I offered. He and his room mate only wear board shorts to the beach.
Long time Speedo® lover