G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

I know it's been said..."Just go ahead & wear your Speedo!"

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

electric2010
United States of America

I know it's been said..."Just go ahead & wear your Speedo!"

Post by electric2010 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:51 pm

Ok. We all know speedos are great, yet so many of us have so much angst about wearing them in public. I'll just repeat what has been said time & time again "Just go ahead & wear your Speedo!". A few months ago I joined the Y to start swimming laps. I knew that there was no way I was going to wear dork shorts for that. Although I do own a couple of jammers, I decided that I had to push my "fear" envelope, and decided to start out with a short Tyr square cut. After the first few days with out the sky falling in, I decided it was speedo time. Already had a red Nike under my spandex shorts, so I stowed my stuff in a locker, grabbed my towel & goggles, and headed for the pool. Guess what? Nothing happened! So since then it has been nothing but speedos. I've worn a dark green stripe AB, team USA turbo polo suit, my new green Aussie Olympic suit, the red Nike, and now a blue Tyr splice.

I'm 58 and not is the best of shape, but so what! I really think that my wanting to wear a speedo is one of the reasons that I joined the Y!

So go ahead. Forget about what somebody MIGHT say or think. Wear your speedo proudly, and nothing will happen!

PNWGuy

Re: I know it's been said..."Just go ahead & wear your Speed

Post by PNWGuy » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:39 pm

Spot on, electric2010. As you say, nobody cares. The world won't end. Wear what you want and don't worry about it (says the 62-yr old guy).

Scottiebum
Great Britain

Post by Scottiebum » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:34 pm

Well done, good for you!
Straight
Scottish
Speedo

fbanks
United States of America

Post by fbanks » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:54 pm

Damn right, brother! The sky didn't fall ... the clock keeps ticking ... the world keeps spinning ... and in a couple months, you will definitely be honing your swimming skills, probably lose a couple pounds, begin to tone your body and feel better inside and out! THAT's when people will notice ... and in a good way. Keep up with it and good for you!
Check My Collection in Photos ... always adding new pictures! Fletch.

...:::sam:::...
Australia

Post by ...:::sam:::... » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:40 pm

Although I've worn speedos all of my life and love them, I have often wondered why so many people are so scared of wearing them. Despite the self consciousness, its really such a non issue to other people who are probably busy doing their own thing anyway.

Maybe you've been affected by us Aussies! :lol:

Swimbrieffetish

Post by Swimbrieffetish » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:05 pm

I think in the US you are trained not to offend but damn it can seem like so many unwritten rules.

But yeah started with square cuts and then dark speedos and now I use a bright yellow one.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

MRspeedoman
United States of America

Post by MRspeedoman » Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:05 am

Mitch wrote:People associate wearing speedos as being gay. But I really don't give a fuck what people say.
That is a great mindset Mitch! I constantly remind myself that those who say that, are just jealous to those who have the balls to wear Speedos. Real men wear Speedos! ;)
A straight male who believes that real men wear Speedos! :)

swimmy

Post by swimmy » Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:39 am

Congratulations, you have discovered that all your worries were silly. Nobody cares if you wear a brief swimsuit in the pool. Were it a thong or posing suit maybe some might. But it sounds like you were using the basic proper uniform of the swimmer. By swimmer I mean one who gets into the pool and actually swims back and forth. Keep doing it until it doesn't even cross your mind that there is an issue. As far as I know there isn't, and never has been.

shadowsplash

Post by shadowsplash » Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:55 pm

Awesome, well done....
I sincerely hope you keep going and check out youtube for correct swim tips and make sure its for adults, do not do the techniques for pros etc and in no time you'll master many secrets that's been let out by the guys who post some incredible techniques, many a regular coach are not able to get through till you watch it in action.
One to watch on youtube is "the Raceclub" amongst many like Swimswam etc but search adult swim techniques.
Grab a kickboard, short fins, paddles and a center snorkel if you want to master your strokes, a pullbouy also helps.
Its fun, addictive and rewarding and you set your own pace that you like and build up from if you like
I don't try and set times or record them but I know I'm pretty fast in the water so much so I've been told to enter a big event where I am but not interested, I do it for myself and fitness.
Last tip and one that many over look, don't be afraid to experiment in the pool.
For example I'm nearly at 25 meters swimming underwater with one breath and not struggling, practice is king and its rewarding

diveguy
United States of America

Post by diveguy » Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:46 am

Mitch wrote:People associate wearing speedos as being gay. But I really don't give a fuck what people say.
Especially bad because they associate being gay as a negative. Two unfortunate (and wrong) associations.
Underwater and Speedo loving straight guy

diveguy
United States of America

Post by diveguy » Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:51 am

shadowsplash wrote:...For example I'm nearly at 25 meters swimming underwater with one breath and not struggling, practice is king and its rewarding
That is fantastic! Awesome feeling to be gliding underwater while wearing a speedo. That's a very respectable distance to swim on breath hold, too. Just please, make sure there are others with you to intervene in case you black out. Never do this alone, and by alone, that also includes doing it while nobody else around is paying attention.

swimtimx

Post by swimtimx » Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:48 am

+1 .. great post, totally agree!
--Tim

shadowsplash

Post by shadowsplash » Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:37 am

diveguy wrote:
shadowsplash wrote:...For example I'm nearly at 25 meters swimming underwater with one breath and not struggling, practice is king and its rewarding
That is fantastic! Awesome feeling to be gliding underwater while wearing a speedo. That's a very respectable distance to swim on breath hold, too. Just please, make sure there are others with you to intervene in case you black out. Never do this alone, and by alone, that also includes doing it while nobody else around is paying attention.
Read a swim article thee other day some woman on a island can hold their breath for around 6:30 mins........crazy

diveguy
United States of America

Post by diveguy » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:40 am

shadowsplash wrote:
Read a swim article thee other day some woman on a island can hold their breath for around 6:30 mins........crazy
God I love lady breath holders! BTW 6:30 is not an uncommon breath hold time for competitive freedivers. 5 minutes is pretty standard for those that are starting to reach a certain level of proficiency, and many are able to work their way to 6 or 7+ minutes of calm "static" (floating motionless face down in a pool) breath hold times. With direct supervision of course in case they black out. Some elite breath holders can do more than 8 minutes. A handful of extraordinary individuals can go past 10. The record is now 11:35 or 11:54 minutes depending who the recognizing authority is (AIDA or Guinness). That's from taking breaths of regular air. Unbelievably (but true), the record for breath holding by those that supercharge their bodies with pure oxygen for up to an hour before the breath hold begins is 24:03. Unreal.

https://www.deeperblue.com/incredible-n ... eath-hold/

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Static_ ... rogression

shadowmn
United States of America

Post by shadowmn » Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:07 am

Damn right! Wear your speedo and be proud!
Just a straight guy that enjoys wearing speedos. Life is too short, enjoy wearing what you want.