G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Getting through the winter - Speedo Season 2017

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

MRspeedoman
United States of America

Getting through the winter - Speedo Season 2017

Post by MRspeedoman » Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:50 am

Happy 2017 all! Per the usual, it is hard to avoid the constant purging of holiday foods, considering the stress that comes with it. Now with it being over and done, I made a promise to myself to begin 2017 on a strong note; by hanging one of my many new Solar Speedos on the closest door, to motivate me to bounce back into shape again.

I wish to pass along the positive vibes, that Speedo season is coming! The winter is the season for the burn! :)
Attachments
Mineral Blue Speedo-800x600.jpg
Mineral Blue Speedo-800x600.jpg (99.31 KiB) Viewed 9680 times
A straight male who believes that real men wear Speedos! :)

6feet5

Re: Getting through the winter - Speedo Season 2017

Post by 6feet5 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:01 am

If you say so. But based on what I see in your profile pic, I think you're being a tad hard on yourself.
Btw nice blue on you.
I've tried the Solar style speedo but it never seemed to fit right or look like you do.

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:20 pm

MRspeedoman wrote: I wish to pass along the positive vibes, that Speedo season is coming! The winter is the season for the burn! :)
You look great in that solar. Have one, but it doesn't quite work for my body type. Works for yours!

It's a little chilly in South Florida right now. For a lot of the year it's speedo weather.
Long time Speedo® lover

MRspeedoman
United States of America

Post by MRspeedoman » Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:01 pm

If you say so. But based on what I see in your profile pic, I think you're being a tad hard on yourself.
Btw nice blue on you.
I've tried the Solar style speedo but it never seemed to fit right or look like you do.
6feet5, you are right, I tend to do that at times; even after all of the indulging I did this past stressful holiday season. Now, I am burning off those extra calories now. Thank you for the profile picture compliment, that was taken last September.
You look great in that solar. Have one, but it doesn't quite work for my body type. Works for yours!

It's a little chilly in South Florida right now. For a lot of the year it's speedo

Thanks Thom! I actually been wearing solars since 2007, I got hooked on them since I first bought one in Miami; the narrow sides (1" - 2") work best in terms of look and movement. How chilly is it down there in the Winter time? Up here in Pittsburgh, usually between 20-50 degrees with snow. Anything above that is a heatwave! :)
Mr speedoman u do look awesome in that blue speedo
Thanks Mitch! That is one of my personal favorites, I have a total of 23. Just for fun, I did this!
Attachments
LRM_EXPORT_20170126_132746-492x1534.jpg
LRM_EXPORT_20170126_132746-492x1534.jpg (216.41 KiB) Viewed 9493 times

fbanks
United States of America

Post by fbanks » Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:24 am

Awesome collection and love the colors!
Check My Collection in Photos ... always adding new pictures! Fletch.

6feet5

Post by 6feet5 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:09 pm

My vote would be a follow up pic wearing the light bright colors. Start with the first one... light grey.

MRspeedoman
United States of America

Post by MRspeedoman » Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:59 pm

Awesome collection and love the colors!
Thanks Fbanks! It took me years to acculmate this many!
Mitch wrote:I think u need to pose in the yellow speedo. Love yellow great collection.
If the white pair are see through please post a pic of u in them.
Thanks Mitch! I also love the yellow, as they are hard to to find. I will first pose in the yellow later, after I manscape my entire body. As far as the white goes, they are more see thru when wet, that will be second.
My vote would be a follow up pic wearing the light bright colors. Start with the first one... light grey.

6feet5, you bet! :) The light grey was actually white, I am considering ordering a newer one since it got so much exposure to Miami's sun rays! Hence why it looks that way. (Laughs)

Here is closer look at the "fluorescent trio" and my first TYR US flag racer, a red Speedo Shoreline, and two more solar reds. Ill be ready to pose next week, more pictures to come!
Attachments
20170202_212553-1612x1209-800x600.jpg
20170202_212553-1612x1209-800x600.jpg (194.23 KiB) Viewed 9233 times
20170202_212457-800x600.jpg
20170202_212457-800x600.jpg (188.76 KiB) Viewed 9233 times

zaps
United States of America

Post by zaps » Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:16 am

Wow am I jealous of that collection! I'm only up to 8 or 9 in my collection of suits. There are a bunch of suits that you have that I've thought about buying over the years, but since I live where there's only 3 months of real summer, it's harder to justify buying when there's so little opportunity to wear.

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:58 pm

MRspeedoman wrote: Thanks Thom! I actually been wearing solars since 2007, I got hooked on them since I first bought one in Miami; the narrow sides (1" - 2") work best in terms of look and movement. How chilly is it down there in the Winter time? Up here in Pittsburgh, usually between 20-50 degrees with snow. Anything above that is a heatwave! :)
It's been warmer here in recent years in the winter. Today the air temp was about 75 at the beach. The water temp sensor is broken, but I'd guess it's about 70. This winter we've had temps in the low eighties for a week at a time. Moderately humid. The dew point is in the sixties. In the summer the humidity is much higher.
Long time Speedo® lover

shadowsplash

Post by shadowsplash » Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:30 pm

zaps wrote: only 3 months of real summer
Good Grief, where on planet Earth could that possibly be......
Don't you have any indoor pools where ever you are, surely must have one or two that's accessible

paspeedo
United States of America

Post by paspeedo » Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:48 pm

Funny. It true...I went to bed last night with a pair of aussiebums on, had a dream that I was at the beach!

Does that count??

budgybloke
Australia

Post by budgybloke » Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:45 pm

That's hot!

6feet5

Post by 6feet5 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:52 pm

Definitely amazing abs! Wow!
And at that age guys should be fit, with abs and great looking!

MRspeedoman
United States of America

Post by MRspeedoman » Sat Feb 11, 2017 6:42 pm

6feet5 wrote:Definitely amazing abs! Wow!
I agree! ;)
zaps wrote: Wow am I jealous of that collection! I'm only up to 8 or 9 in my collection of suits. There are a bunch of suits that you have that I've thought about buying over the years, but since I live where there's only 3 months of real summer, it's harder to justify buying when there's so little opportunity to wear.
Living in Pittsburgh Zaps, that statement is true for outdoor swimming. That is reason I began hitting the indoor pool for the past two years, a convenient resource to stay in shape. I learned that select colours goes fast; which I try to grab them before they are discontinued for the next season; nine is a great number, I started with 2 and it grew from there. Ebay is a great place to dive into.
thom wrote: It's been warmer here in recent years in the winter. Today the air temp was about 75 at the beach. The water temp sensor is broken, but I'd guess it's about 70. This winter we've had temps in the low eighties for a week at a time. Moderately humid. The dew point is in the sixties. In the summer the humidity is much higher.
Wow, that sounds nice Thom! It sure beats the winters up here! (Laughs) I would vacation down there with my fiancée during the summers, even as far down to Miami and the Keys in July, man it was hot and humid; a great reason to jump in the ocean. Our favorite places so far, are St. Augustine Beach, Clearwater, Miami, and Vero Beach. There are still other places we wish to see.

Jace wrote: Great red flag suit. Always go with what shows off the bod.
Thanks Jace! I LOVE the way it looks and anything 2" side or less. I have no problem showing off more skin. ;)

PaSpeedo wrote: Funny. It true...I went to bed last night with a pair of aussiebums on, had a dream that I was at the beach!

Does that count??
PaSpeedo, I suppose so! I always wear my Speedos when I do yoga, or even hearing the ocean waves from my last vacation in Florida. :)

MRspeedoman
United States of America

Post by MRspeedoman » Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:07 am

6feet5 wrote:Definitely amazing abs! Wow!
I agree 6feet5! I was raised in an unhealthy family, with the mentality that getting older equals being more out of shape. I disagree with that statement wholeheartedly, because I feel stronger, healthier, and more in shape at 36!

Here are a few more closer shots of my others Speedos. 8)
Attachments
20170209_130222-800x600.jpg
20170209_130222-800x600.jpg (257.93 KiB) Viewed 7892 times
20170209_121922-800x600.jpg
20170209_121922-800x600.jpg (200.13 KiB) Viewed 7892 times
20170209_121757-800x600.jpg
20170209_121757-800x600.jpg (193.89 KiB) Viewed 7892 times

6feet5

Post by 6feet5 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:58 pm

MR

You look great! And I'm sure you rock everything in your collection. Nice new pics of the gear... btw it's ok to post pics of you wearing them. Certainly would add more interest to an otherwise uninteresting piece of Lycra.

Sir you bring them alive by what you put into them.

shadowmn
United States of America

Post by shadowmn » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:38 am

MRspeedoman wrote:

Btw nice blue on you.
6feet5, you are right, I tend to do that at times; even after all of the indulging I did this past stressful holiday season. Now, I am burning off those extra calories now. Thank you for the profile picture compliment, that was taken last September.

It's a little chilly in South Florida right now. For a lot of the year it's speedo

Thanks Thom! I actually been wearing solars since 2007, I got hooked on them since I first bought one in Miami; the narrow sides (1" - 2") work best in terms of look and movement. How chilly is it down there in the Winter time? Up here in Pittsburgh, usually between 20-50 degrees with snow. Anything above that is a heatwave! :)
Thanks Mitch! That is one of my personal favorites, I have a total of 23. Just for fun, I did this!

Great collection of speedos! How do you like that USA themed TYR? I thought about getting that.
Just a straight guy that enjoys wearing speedos. Life is too short, enjoy wearing what you want.

shadowmn
United States of America

Post by shadowmn » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:44 am

I'm recently getting over gallbladder surgery. It most definitely was not a walk in the park like most people have said. I lost a lot of weight and I am trying to bulk up to get back to a speedo ready body once again. Hanging a speedo up is a great motivator as I have done that many times. I don't do it much anymore because my wife isn't as much of a fan of my speedos as she used to be. She loves my squarecuts, but doesn't care for the briefs. Gotta get back to the gym and start building up my chicken legs....ugh...I was doing so well.
Just a straight guy that enjoys wearing speedos. Life is too short, enjoy wearing what you want.

MRspeedoman
United States of America

Post by MRspeedoman » Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:54 am

shadowmn wrote:I'm recently getting over gallbladder surgery. It most definitely was not a walk in the park like most people have said. I lost a lot of weight and I am trying to bulk up to get back to a speedo ready body once again. Hanging a speedo up is a great motivator as I have done that many times. I don't do it much anymore because my wife isn't as much of a fan of my speedos as she used to be. She loves my squarecuts, but doesn't care for the briefs. Gotta get back to the gym and start building up my chicken legs....ugh...I was doing so well.
I am wishing you a healthy and speedy recovery shadowmn. I hear you on bulking up, my upper body is weaker than my lower body; so getting the right proportion is a real challenge; bodyweight and kettlebells have been helping me out in that department. I hope you achieve your fitness goals.

MRspeedoman
United States of America

Post by MRspeedoman » Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:59 am

shadowmn wrote:
MRspeedoman wrote:

Btw nice blue on you.

Great collection of speedos! How do you like that USA themed TYR? I thought about getting that.
Shadowmn, I LOVE it! It is very comfortable as fabric is a bit looser than the newer solar Speedos, for the boys that is. (Laughs)