G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Ft. Lauderdale

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

shadowmn
United States of America

Ft. Lauderdale

Post by shadowmn » Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:49 pm

Has anyone been to Ft. Lauderdale Beach recently? I'm thinking about planning a trip there and I'm wondering what the speedo population is there.
Just a straight guy that enjoys wearing speedos. Life is too short, enjoy wearing what you want.

swimmerbud
United States of America

Re: Ft. Lauderdale

Post by swimmerbud » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:05 pm

shadowmn wrote:Has anyone been to Ft. Lauderdale Beach recently? I'm thinking about planning a trip there and I'm wondering what the speedo population is there.

You'll see them but its not like the beach is lined up with guys in speedos. If you're gay, there's also Sebastian Street Beach. You 'may' find more speedos by Hall of Fame Beach - if you get some swimmers hitting the sand at all. Its speedo-friendly, just not speedo over-populated.
Life is short, Speedo on
USA | Mostly Straight

diveguy
United States of America

Post by diveguy » Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:02 am

swimmerbud wrote:
shadowmn wrote:Has anyone been to Ft. Lauderdale Beach recently? I'm thinking about planning a trip there and I'm wondering what the speedo population is there.

You'll see them but its not like the beach is lined up with guys in speedos. If you're gay, there's also Sebastian Street Beach. You 'may' find more speedos by Hall of Fame Beach - if you get some swimmers hitting the sand at all. Its speedo-friendly, just not speedo over-populated.
I notice you identify as being from Ft. Lauderdale, swimmerbud. Is that where you mostly wear that amazing looking suit you have on in your avatar? How is Miami itself for speedo activity? What about the Keys?
Underwater and Speedo loving straight guy

swimmerbud
United States of America

Post by swimmerbud » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:49 pm

I live in Fort Lauderdale but to answer your question, Fort Lauderdale and Miami are 20 miles apart - making them both part of South Florida and accessible to beach life. All beaches in the area are fine with speedos. There are certain beaches which may have more speedos than others. There's a 'gay' beach in Fort Lauderdale as well as South Beach, so you'll see them there. There's Haulover which includes a clothing optional section where many speedos are still worn (including by yours truly). There's the Brazilian beaches - one up by Hillsboro in North Broward, as well as South Beach (2nd st) where sungas are more common. Again - all other areas will have a speedo here and there...depends on the day and what's going on. I've been the only one in eye sight before in a speedo, and definitely not the only one.

The Keys are not as speedo optimal but that's mostly because there are not real beaches in the Keys. Even Key West has a few beaches and you'll find speedos there, but the beaches are not high quality anyway.
Life is short, Speedo on
USA | Mostly Straight

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:49 am

When I was much younger and visited Fort Lauderdale in the 90s, I remember the beaches had lots of speedos and I wore mine without even thinking about it. Now I work full time and have less time to drive down there. My last trip the beaches a few years ago, I wore them easily, though there weren't as many as I remembered from before.

I live north of Fort Lauderdale in Palm Beach County, about forty miles away. It's less speedo-friendly here, though you'll see a few on the beaches of the resort hotels, because they have people from Europe. I've worn them at some of the county beaches without any trouble, but I was the only one. I did get some smiles from some of the babes in bikinis (I think they were smiles. I hope they weren't smirks) as I came out of the surf, which I thought was cool.

Swimmerbud is correct about Key West. The beaches aren't very good there, speedos or not.
Long time Speedo® lover

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:48 am

I have to add that the Fort Lauderdale Aquatic Complex on the intra-coastal waterway just south of Las Olas has serious swimmers doing laps, so it's quite speedo friendly. It's five bucks for non-residents to get in. Looking at their web site, one of the two pools is being resurfaced, so it's closed. The other pool is open and probably crowded. When fully operating, this is a large and well-maintained center. I first swam there 25 years ago. In the summer, they actually cool the water because the sun is so intense it would be too warm for laps.
Long time Speedo® lover

Monvee

Post by Monvee » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:14 pm

swimmerbud wrote:

I've always wanted to go to Ft Lauredale. It's in my bucket list . Maybe this year. Any tips will be appreciated .- Ray

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:06 pm

Monvee wrote: I've always wanted to go to Ft Lauredale. It's in my bucket list . Maybe this year. Any tips will be appreciated .- Ray
Fort Lauderdale starts getting less expensive in April, and the weather starts getting warmer. The last several days it's been cold, for here (South Florida) anyway (high today was in the low seventies--chilly at the beach). So, if you're going to visit, you should wait until it's not only cheaper but when the weather is more tropical. Most gay hotels have secluded, private pools where you can wear speedos...or nothing. I've never stayed overnight at one, but was a day guest of someone I knew in college so I could use the pool. It was awesome spending the whole day in speedos. It's nice when the weather is tropical, when the breezes are warm--even in the shade--and you can be comfortable buck naked if you want. The big, name brand national hotels have larger pools. But I doubt that you'll see many speedos there. Definitely no naked people.
Long time Speedo® lover

FloridaSpeedo
United States of America

Post by FloridaSpeedo » Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:48 pm

Live here and a great place. Wear speedos all the time and Swim at the Aquatic. 90% of the guys wear speedos. Yes some interesting times but very straight.

1tanlinedude
United States of America

Post by 1tanlinedude » Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:28 am

FloridaSpeedo wrote:
Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:48 pm
Live here and a great place. Wear speedos all the time and Swim at the Aquatic. 90% of the guys wear speedos. Yes some interesting times but very straight.
Do tell FS of the interesting times at the aquatic center - I have swam there a few time and a few swim meets there too. We would leave and walk directly over to the beach in our speedos and spend the rest of the day on the beach. No big deal either. Even the lifeguard there (male blonde- little older) wore a red speedo who would be tanning while life guarding and I saw him a few times slide the back of his suit up his butt crack (like a thong) to sun his bum. All while getting paid-wow, what a job to have !!! ;)
Last edited by 1tanlinedude on Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

swimmerbud
United States of America

Post by swimmerbud » Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:10 pm

Monvee - PM me if/when you want to make a visit.
You too, ShadownMN!
Life is short, Speedo on
USA | Mostly Straight

swimmerbud
United States of America

Post by swimmerbud » Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:11 pm

1tanlinedude wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:28 am
FloridaSpeedo wrote:
Do tell FS of the interesting times at the aquatic center - I have swam there a few time and a few swim meets there too. We would leave and walk directly over to the beach in our speedos and spend the rest of the day on the beach. No big deal either. Even the lifeguard there (male blonde- little older) wore a red speedo who would be tanning while life guarding and I saw him a few times slid the back of his suit up his butt crack (like a thong) to sun his bum. All while getting paid-wow, what a job to have !!! ;)
He still life guards!
Life is short, Speedo on
USA | Mostly Straight

1tanlinedude
United States of America

Post by 1tanlinedude » Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:03 am

LOL :-)

Swimbrieffetish

Post by Swimbrieffetish » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:40 pm

Yes this aquatic center is like paradise. All ages and body type in speedos mainly. All colors. Feels so strange that I am only around for a few more days and haven't used here more.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

beachg0y
United States of America

Post by beachg0y » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:39 pm

And I won't be getting back to Fort Lauderdale for a few more days! I'll have to check out the aquatic center!

1tanlinedude
United States of America

Post by 1tanlinedude » Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:37 am

swimmerbud wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:11 pm
1tanlinedude wrote:
FloridaSpeedo wrote:
Do tell FS of the interesting times at the aquatic center - I have swam there a few time and a few swim meets there too. We would leave and walk directly over to the beach in our speedos and spend the rest of the day on the beach. No big deal either. Even the lifeguard there (male blonde- little older) wore a red speedo who would be tanning while life guarding and I saw him a few times slid the back of his suit up his butt crack (like a thong) to sun his bum. All while getting paid-wow, what a job to have !!! ;)
He still life guards!
Swimmerbud - How's Ft Lauderdale? Love the Ft Lauderdale Aquatics Complex & and the beach directly across the street - swim a hard workout then spend the rest of the day in your speedos at the beach ! I need to get back down there ...... :)

81mardel
United States of America

Post by 81mardel » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:59 am

I haven't been to Ft Lauderdale in years. I'm gonna have to check out the aquatic center and the beaches. Both sound great.

swimmerbud
United States of America

Post by swimmerbud » Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:32 pm

It is great - can't complain - except for the intense heat lately - and humidity (though the humidity comes with the territory - nothing new there). But after a bit of rain throughout May we've had some pretty nice days for the most part. LMK if/when coming down next.

[/quote]

He still life guards!
[/quote]

Swimmerbud - How's Ft Lauderdale? Love the Ft Lauderdale Aquatics Complex & and the beach directly across the street - swim a hard workout then spend the rest of the day in your speedos at the beach ! I need to get back down there ...... :)
[/quote]
Life is short, Speedo on
USA | Mostly Straight

swimmerbud
United States of America

Post by swimmerbud » Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:33 pm

You too 81mardel!

81mardel wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:59 am
I haven't been to Ft Lauderdale in years. I'm gonna have to check out the aquatic center and the beaches. Both sound great.
Life is short, Speedo on
USA | Mostly Straight

81mardel
United States of America

Post by 81mardel » Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:57 am

1tanlinedude wrote:
Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:37 am
swimmerbud wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:11 pm
1tanlinedude wrote:

He still life guards!
We should coordinate a trip! :)