G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

What is your oldest speedo?

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

shadowmn
United States of America

What is your oldest speedo?

Post by shadowmn » Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:05 am

I still have my very first speedo suit that I wore in public. It's a 3" Speedo brief with a blue design on the front from 2001 and still in good shape. I think my oldest suit that I own though is a Kiniki squarecut that I got in 1999 or 2000. I've had more suits before that, but they're long gone.
Just a straight guy that enjoys wearing speedos. Life is too short, enjoy wearing what you want.

Thom
United States of America

Re: What is your oldest speedo?

Post by Thom » Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:20 pm

I have a Spanish suit made by Meyba. Two inch sides and very thin material, though not see-thru. Meyba is mainly known for soccer gear. I don't think they make brief suits anymore. Anyway, I bought it 25 years ago.
Long time Speedo® lover

ChicagoDan

Post by ChicagoDan » Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:00 pm

I have a green solar from about 1999, I think. Wore it today as a matter of fact. Still looks good and fits well.

diveguy
United States of America

Post by diveguy » Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:54 am

I would still have my first Speedo today if it wasn't packed in luggage that got stolen. I bought it in 1990 or '91 in Hawaii. It was a black, Speedo Solar 1" with actual 1" sides. It was so brief that the cash register receipt rightly called it a "bikini", and that got me even more excited about it when I walked out of the store with it in a little paper bag. I loved that swimsuit so much. And I wore the hell out of it. I'd never throw it away for sentimental reasons. It was my very first Speedo and it took a hell of a lot of nerve to buy it, and even more to wear it, but I'm so damn glad I did.
Underwater and Speedo loving straight guy

diveguy
United States of America

Post by diveguy » Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:59 am

Mitch wrote:How you guys keep the elastic from deteriorating
You don't. It just does over time. That's why you buy new ones, but for me, I just couldn't part with that first black Speedo even though it had gotten too loose to wear.
Underwater and Speedo loving straight guy

electric2010
United States of America

Post by electric2010 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:55 am

It was a Tactics suit I bought from Undergear in the 90's for a business trip to Sweden.
Attachments
20170226_093756 small.jpg
20170226_093756 small.jpg (96.39 KiB) Viewed 6823 times

fbanks
United States of America

Post by fbanks » Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:47 pm

Brilliant little Tanga-style suit I bought in a little shop on my first trip to a Caribbean island in 1998. Shows lots of skin in the rear and is cheeky as all hell. Wore it a lot that week ... and many times since. I keep it in a Ziploc bag and only wear it on vacations on warm sunny beaches far away from home.
20170227_054343.png
20170227_054343.png (605.84 KiB) Viewed 6758 times
Check My Collection in Photos ... always adding new pictures! Fletch.

chicagoswim

Post by chicagoswim » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:39 pm

I have one that looks similar to that cut but in solid red. I think I bought it around the late 90's from eBay. I still have it in one of my Speedo drawers. I'll have to pull it out and snap a picture. It's a tiny little suit and the rio back just rides up into a thong, which is fine by me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
wearing what I want, where I want, when I want...no exceptions! ;-)

packedspeedo
United States of America

Post by packedspeedo » Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:37 am

I have a yellow Buns suit from Undergear that I bought in the mid 90s. I lived wearing that to the pool and beach. Eventually it turned see through, and now it is see through when dry. Chlorinated water would probably melt it if I wore it in a pool now. I wish I had some photos of me in that suit! So sexy, and I like to think I filled it well.

zaps
United States of America

Post by zaps » Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:26 pm

My oldest suit would be a basic 3" blue speedo I bought from a sporting goods store when I was 15. It wasn't until the summer after my freshman year of college that I actually wore it to a pool.

Now years later, I'm packing for a cruise and I have 3 briefs packed and ZERO shorts! Not even a square cut.

navyblackmaroon
United States of America

Post by navyblackmaroon » Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:18 pm

A crimson red Speedo solar I have had since I was an undergraduate in college. It is certainly skimpier than the solars that Speedo makes these days.
Last edited by navyblackmaroon on Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

speedobillyuk
Great Britain

Post by speedobillyuk » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:50 pm

Oldest I have is quite exceptional in my collection - it's the only one from before 2000, and I remeber buying it in 1989. Like a Speedo solar, but not lycra. Like some sort of predecessor to endurance material - which is why it's lasted this long.
speedo purple narrow 3a.jpg
speedo purple narrow 1a.jpg
Love this colour, and the skimpy fit.
Speedos - the only way to swim...

Baltspeed
Latvia

Post by Baltspeed » Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:46 am

The oldest speedo I have is the yellow one I wear in my avatar. It's from the late 1980's and it has a 1 inch side. Today it isn't wearable for it's purpose due to damage on the backside, though it still would fit very well. I only keep it for memory.

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:31 am

navyblackmaroon wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:18 pm
A crimson red Speedo solar I have had since I was an undergraduate in college. It is certainly skimpier than the solars that Speedo makes these days.
I have a maroon solar from back when they had narrow sides. I bought the wrong size, so it was too big for me. It was a final sale, so I couldn't return it. If the lycra is still good, I suppose I should try and sell it.
Long time Speedo® lover

Mazda3mps
Australia

Post by Mazda3mps » Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:58 pm

i still have a couple of pairs from like 20 years ago.. of course they dont fit lol