G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Rear seam

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

Thom
United States of America

Re: Rear seam

Post by Thom » Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:56 pm

I have four or five suits with a rear seam. Generally speaking, I like the way they look on my smaller sized butt.

A couple of the suits are Asian Arenas (no country of origin--though probably Thailand, judging by the lettering on one of the tags.). These are the type that have a quarter of an inch or so of mesh between two, sewn, butt seams. I also have an Aqux like that. (It's so small, Mr. Johnson has to go sideways. I think the only place I could wear it is in Japan.)

I have a Desmit suit I bought on Amazon with the same feature.

The theory behind (no pun) the narrow mesh butt seam is that they keep the seat of the suit more stream-lined because water can't get caught under the seat of the suit. It's an Asian invention that seems (again, no pun) to work.

I bought a Speedo brand suit that is cut exactly like the Solar with front and rear seams, except it doesn't have the embroidered Speedo logo on it: the logo is a decal. The tag says "Racing," but it's really more for casual swimming. I bought a 32 thinking it would be a comfortable suit for tanning (back when I did that), but it's too big; and there's too much butt coverage. The suit would have to be smaller to give any definition, and even then I think the rise would be too high for me. It's new with tags, so I may sell it some day through my ebay account. I'll post here when I do. It's a conservative navy blue.

I have a couple conventional Asian Arenas with just a single seam. They look and fit okay. It's a style that is anatomically enhancing, but not really extreme.
Last edited by Thom on Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Long time Speedo® lover

BJE
United States of America

Post by BJE » Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:52 pm

electric2010 wrote:Hey BJE, love that suit. It was one of my first buys...
Is mine the same suit as in your avatar?

BJE
United States of America

Post by BJE » Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:57 pm

jace wrote:They look great on my bubble butt.
The problem with my butt is that it has almost no fat to give it a rounded shape. My butt is lean and muscular. When I flex it you can see muscle striations. It's firm and muscular but not necessarily shapely.

fbanks
United States of America

Post by fbanks » Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:28 am

Quite a few of my suits have a rear seam, and that's what I prefer. Most of them are the 'Japanese' style, Asics, Arena and Aqux. They just seem to fit better and I love the way they conform to my butt ... especially when wet. Yes, I am a shameless exhibitionist and don't care what other people think. Some of the Arena's and Aqux have the mesh seam. Swimming in these is awesome. You can feel the water moving through right before the suit grips to you like a second layer of skin.
Check My Collection in Photos ... always adding new pictures! Fletch.

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:15 am

fbanks wrote:Quite a few of my suits have a rear seam, and that's what I prefer. Most of them are the 'Japanese' style, Asics, Arena and Aqux. They just seem to fit better and I love the way they conform to my butt ... especially when wet. Yes, I am a shameless exhibitionist and don't care what other people think. Some of the Arena's and Aqux have the mesh seam. Swimming in these is awesome. You can feel the water moving through right before the suit grips to you like a second layer of skin.
I've found they fit well. And yeah, the mesh seam works.
Long time Speedo® lover

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:24 am

BJE wrote:
ChicagoDan wrote:The rear seam is one reason I love speedo solar suits. That and the fit.
The Speedo Solar has a rear seam but it is not nearly as butt defining as the one posted above.

Below is a Speedo Solar. The lining is cut out but you can see how the pattern disguises my shape.
The Solar just doesn't fit me well. I don't have as muscular a butt as you do, but it's small and the Solar just has too much cloth in back for me. For a lot of guys, the Solar works great, but I've found for myself that the Asian suits are smaller and just fit better.
Long time Speedo® lover

fbanks
United States of America

Post by fbanks » Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:36 pm

I used to be totally into Solar's ... the original one inch side ones, not the current suits that they (Speedo) passes off as being skimpy or revealing. Truth be told, I would go one or two sizes down to get a better, snugger fit and less coverage. I still have half a dozen that I use for tanning at the beach. Small ... but not to small to be inappropriate.
Check My Collection in Photos ... always adding new pictures! Fletch.

electric2010
United States of America

Post by electric2010 » Mon May 01, 2017 4:11 am

BJE, it sure looked like the same suit...

PeterSF

Post by PeterSF » Mon May 01, 2017 6:23 am

Better looking but also less drag in the water, win-win.

Scottiebum
Great Britain

Post by Scottiebum » Thu May 04, 2017 3:54 pm

A couple off the web
Attachments
tumblr_m3s1y0J8a31r3if0mo1_500.jpg
tumblr_m3s1y0J8a31r3if0mo1_500.jpg (73.64 KiB) Viewed 7892 times
tumblr_onannovf7K1ujtvelo1_1280.jpg
tumblr_onannovf7K1ujtvelo1_1280.jpg (114.65 KiB) Viewed 7892 times
Straight
Scottish
Speedo

rozelle
Indonesia

Post by rozelle » Fri May 05, 2017 4:24 pm

I didn't know that rear seam can create that bubble butt effect! I should check them out. I have always thought they won't feel comfortable and it just doesn't look clean.

karlos
Great Britain

Post by karlos » Sat May 06, 2017 1:21 pm

rozelle wrote:I didn't know that rear seam can create that bubble butt effect! I should check them out. I have always thought they won't feel comfortable and it just doesn't look clean.
Jammers and square cuts have a rear seam and are comfortable enough, well apart from the extra coverage on the tights/legs. But speedos with a rear seam, seam quite hard to find.

swimmy

Post by swimmy » Sun May 07, 2017 3:36 pm

Honestly I've never had a rear seam brief. Jammers yes. Maybe I'll try one.

Scottiebum
Great Britain

Post by Scottiebum » Mon May 08, 2017 5:13 am

The rear seam on jammers do not seem to give the definition that they do on speedos. Maybe some speedos tighten the seam to draw it into the crack?
Straight
Scottish
Speedo

gx0100
Wales

Post by gx0100 » Mon May 08, 2017 5:41 am

Personally, not a fan. While the seam can define a bubble butt even more... it sort of looks like a constant wedgie from a distance and I just want to pull the material out of the crack which would be inappropriate to say the least!!

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Mon May 08, 2017 4:59 pm

rozelle wrote:I didn't know that rear seam can create that bubble butt effect! I should check them out. I have always thought they won't feel comfortable and it just doesn't look clean.
Depends on the cut. I have a couple, and they pretty much fit like regular speedos.
Long time Speedo® lover

Scottiebum
Great Britain

Post by Scottiebum » Fri May 12, 2017 3:26 pm

Rear seam
Attachments
tumblr_mbhh5aXGiH1r3if0mo1_500.jpg
tumblr_mbhh5aXGiH1r3if0mo1_500.jpg (38.57 KiB) Viewed 6404 times
Straight
Scottish
Speedo

Scottiebum
Great Britain

Post by Scottiebum » Sat May 13, 2017 5:55 am

No rear seam /rear seam
Attachments
SAM_6730.JPG
SAM_6730.JPG (143.93 KiB) Viewed 6628 times
SAM_6708.JPG
SAM_6708.JPG (122.21 KiB) Viewed 6628 times
Straight
Scottish
Speedo

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Sat May 13, 2017 5:34 pm

Scottiebum wrote:No rear seam /rear seam
The black and orange suit looks the best, Scottie. Awesome, actually.
Long time Speedo® lover

GRSwimmer

Post by GRSwimmer » Mon May 15, 2017 10:23 am

I like Nike's suits for the rear seam. I really dislike front seams like the "newer" Speedo solars.