G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Friends and Family

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

shadowmn
United States of America

Friends and Family

Post by shadowmn » Mon May 01, 2017 3:32 am

How many friends, family members, or coworkers know about your choice to wear speedos? Some of my old coworkers and a few friends know that I wear speedos, but it took me a very long time to reveal that.
Just a straight guy that enjoys wearing speedos. Life is too short, enjoy wearing what you want.

azertyxxx
France

Re: Friends and Family

Post by azertyxxx » Mon May 01, 2017 3:46 am

shadowmn wrote:How many friends, family members, or coworkers know about your choice to wear speedos? Some of my old coworkers and a few friends know that I wear speedos, but it took me a very long time to reveal that.

Around 70% of my friends at the beach and 100% the pool

shadowmn
United States of America

Post by shadowmn » Mon May 01, 2017 4:23 am

Great Nike suit you have there. Where did you get it?
Just a straight guy that enjoys wearing speedos. Life is too short, enjoy wearing what you want.

Scottiebum
Great Britain

Post by Scottiebum » Mon May 01, 2017 4:53 am

Not sure, have not discussed it or hidden it.
Some friends do, I go swimming with them.
Some coworkers do, they are better swimmers than me but I went along because I like swimming. I wore classic navy aussiebum, they all wore jammers but nothing was said then or later.
Straight
Scottish
Speedo

budgybloke
Australia

Post by budgybloke » Mon May 01, 2017 3:07 pm

Everyone. It's really not an issue. Most people who see me would be speedo wearers themselves, as they're also swimmers.

I recently competed in a large triathlon with many of my work colleagues and wore a speedo for the swim instead of a tri-suit. Again, no issue at all. Any jokes about speedos are always good natured and if I changed I'd probably get ridiculed for being weak!

PNWGuy

Post by PNWGuy » Mon May 01, 2017 5:37 pm

Since I haven't worn any swimwear other than a Speedo-type brief in over 40 years there isn't anyone who's seen me in a swimsuit that doesn't know my preference. Ex-wife, in-laws, kids, nephews. It's not a big deal. Remember, it's just a swimsuit. Not every place is appropriate for nude swimming.

diveguy
United States of America

Post by diveguy » Tue May 02, 2017 2:23 am

Not one family member, and none of my male friends and most of my female friends know of my affinity for speedos. Only women that I've dated have ever seen me in one. Or at least, figured out that I wear them due to the tan line.
Underwater and Speedo loving straight guy

...:::sam:::...
Australia

Post by ...:::sam:::... » Tue May 02, 2017 4:32 am

Everyone knows I wear speedos. I've always worn them

Swimbrieffetish

Post by Swimbrieffetish » Tue May 02, 2017 5:36 pm

Mine see it due to my instagram account. But some family don't always like me going out with them when I wear it that is why I go solo

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

zaps
United States of America

Post by zaps » Wed May 03, 2017 6:55 pm

I've worn my square cut around my parents and my sister and a handful of friends.

I always wear my brief with my husband, and just recently, wore the brief to the beach with the in-laws (my first time to the beach with them).

Bostonswimmer
United States of America

Post by Bostonswimmer » Fri May 05, 2017 5:52 am

Yes. Have for years. Although I am respectful of others in if I go to a family style pool party or beach outing I will wear something more conservative. They will be a square cut style speedo but not the bikini briefs.

SpeedoSimone
Germany

Post by SpeedoSimone » Fri May 05, 2017 12:25 pm

For me wearing speedos was never an issue. All my family wears them

Mazda3mps
Australia

Post by Mazda3mps » Fri May 05, 2017 5:21 pm

i actually dont wear them when im with friends and family.. maybe i should start :P

diveguy
United States of America

Post by diveguy » Sat May 06, 2017 2:22 am

SpeedoSimone wrote:For me wearing speedos was never an issue. All my family wears them
A blessing from living in a place that is not the USA.
Underwater and Speedo loving straight guy

Baltspeed
Latvia

Post by Baltspeed » Sat May 06, 2017 1:28 pm

I've ever worn speedos around my family, friends or co-workers. It was never a big deal and most of them did too.

karlos
Great Britain

Post by karlos » Sat May 06, 2017 2:28 pm

Mazda3mps wrote:i actually dont wear them when im with friends and family.. maybe i should start :P
I've never worn mine in front of family or friends, as i really can't be bothered with all the micky taking (not of the light hearted variety) and gay comments. I did wear a pair of jammers once with a 'friend' to the pool. And well lets just say he was so freaked out by his own homophobic fears of being with someone who he thought could be gay I'm no longer friends with. Still, i still take great pleasure in the fact wearing a pair of speedos under a pair of water shorts in the pool never bothered him, not like I ever told him or knew.

Mazda3mps
Australia

Post by Mazda3mps » Sun May 07, 2017 2:35 am

karlos wrote:
Mazda3mps wrote:i actually dont wear them when im with friends and family.. maybe i should start :P
I've never worn mine in front of family or friends, as i really can't be bothered with all the micky taking (not of the light hearted variety) and gay comments. I did wear a pair of jammers once with a 'friend' to the pool. And well lets just say he was so freaked out by his own homophobic fears of being with someone who he thought could be gay I'm no longer friends with. Still, i still take great pleasure in the fact wearing a pair of speedos under a pair of water shorts in the pool never bothered him, not like I ever told him or knew.
Let me guess, he was wearing shorts down to his knees? Haha
I haven't been in swim shorts for a year now. Always speedos and they feel the best

DutchSpeedoLover
Netherlands

Post by DutchSpeedoLover » Sun May 07, 2017 5:08 am

My family knows that I wear Speedos and that's no problem, because Speedos are for them just normal swimwear.
My coworkers don't know that I wear Speedos and I think I will never tell it to them, because I know that they make those boring jokes about guys in Speedos and I don't want to become part of these jokes. Since I don't go swimming with my coworkers that would be no problem.

karlos
Great Britain

Post by karlos » Sun May 07, 2017 12:54 pm

Mazda3mps wrote:
karlos wrote:
Let me guess, he was wearing shorts down to his knees? Haha
I haven't been in swim shorts for a year now. Always speedos and they feel the best
Oh how did you guess lol. As in his words wet board shorts don't show anything and his dicks to big to fit in a pair of speedos. Although despite his opinions, board shorts do cling when wet and if i was him, I would be keeping quiet about the dick being too big issue lol.

Although my limit is the water shorts that finish about mid thigh, but even then they just annoy the hell out of me. Plus despite what the tag says they are in no way fast drying. I left a pair of wet shorts along with a female swimsuit to dry in the bathroom after being wrung out. The swimsuit dried pretty quickly, were as the shorts were still damp a number of hours later.

swimmy

Post by swimmy » Sun May 07, 2017 3:34 pm

One day last summer it got so hot in the shop that I declared it Speedo Day. My coworkers laughed. Came time for the Friday Floor Washing and I mentioned it again so a buddy dared me. Bad Idea. Within moments I was hosing the floor in my tiger striped Dophin Chloroban. Because I keep one handy, never know when I'll be at the lake and need to jump in and cool off. Everybody knows that, everybody who knows me has seen me do it. It's me, I'm a swimmer, I do it all the time, I wear the proper attire.