G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Friends and Family

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

gx0100
Wales

Re: Friends and Family

Post by gx0100 » Mon May 08, 2017 5:13 am

It's not something that comes up into conversation all that often, but if it does I'm not embarrassed to tell my mates that I'm a speedo aficionado! In fact, whenever we have discussed preferences I've proudly declared my extensive collection of brief-style trunks.

Whenever I do go to the pool/beach with friends I wear my speedos and act normally... it's up to me what I wear, after all. Having said that, I find that in Europe - even the UK(!) - people are more accepting of wearing sppedos than over the pond.

navyblackmaroon
United States of America

Post by navyblackmaroon » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:42 pm

Well, my family has seen me wearing speedos for years. I wear speedos during our summer holiday vacations to the beach and there are even trip family pictures in which I am wearing them.

When it comes to friends, I don't really hide the fact I am a speedo wearer. Some of them have seen me in my speedos at the university pool. Others may have noticed I was wearing speedos in some of my travel pictures. Besides, I even publicly joked that I feel like a "Brazilian beach god" when I tan in my speedos at the beach.

ChicagoDan

Post by ChicagoDan » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:51 pm

One of my brothers has seen me in a red speedo, was a bit surprised, made sure to tell others in my family. I have worn speedos a couple of times in front of some friends, on e with about 10 or 1w, when another guy also wore then, once at a state park water skiing. I do have a friend of june that I always wear speedo solars with. I had lent him a pair afetr always seeing him roll his dork shorts upnas far as he could to tan his legs. He eventualoy bought a couple pairs of his own, and we would head to tne beach in Chicago daily, being the only ones wearing them. I must say, he looked damn good in them, too.

52dno98
United States of America

Post by 52dno98 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:54 am

Our babysitter lifeguards at the gym pool, and her mother works at the desk next to mine. I won’t swim when she’s guarding lest my speedo wearing become a hot topic behind my back at the office.

scottishSpeedo
Great Britain

Post by scottishSpeedo » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:32 pm

52dno98 wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:54 am
Our babysitter lifeguards at the gym pool, and her mother works at the desk next to mine. I won’t swim when she’s guarding lest my speedo wearing become a hot topic behind my back at the office.
So what? Let her talk, at worst call her out on her prejudice and body shaming / Ask her what damn business of hers it is, you don't go yabbering about what she wears so she can butt out....people generally take the message when you go on the offensive...

Dfwspeedo
United States of America

Post by Dfwspeedo » Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:38 am

All my former partners and current have seen me and all my family know and various friends over the years. I don't actively tell people at work but my FB account has some pics that if you look closely you can tell.

Never been a big issue for me re friends and. Family and as far as work, not really a subject that would naturally come up. Especially in the USA I have heard many people at work laugh at speedos but also heard some of the same people tell me they liked my holiday snaps.

swimmy

Post by swimmy » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:29 pm

I competed in a great Masters meet today in a city about four hours west of my house. Of course my brother and his wife came to watch and cheer me on. It didn't seem to bother them that I was wearing my new patriotic Speedo. I would estimate that about a third of the guys in the meet were wearing briefs. I won two events even! It was fun, at a really nice pool.

solarguy
United States of America

Post by solarguy » Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:22 am

Congratulations Swimmy!!!

Dfwspeedo
United States of America

Post by Dfwspeedo » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:42 pm

Congrats

swimmy

Post by swimmy » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:40 pm

Thanks guys. Holler if you want a video of the 50 free. Shot from the wall in the shallow end, you get a flash of my butt in my newest stars and stripes speedo endurance as I do my flipturn.

...:::sam:::...
Australia

Post by ...:::sam:::... » Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:36 am

Congrats Swimmy! I'd like to see the video, love to see your stroke too.

BJE
United States of America

Post by BJE » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:38 pm

My friends are much less conservative than my family so I’m much more comfortable wearing speedos around friends than my extended family.

shadowmn
United States of America

Post by shadowmn » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:09 am

It’s really a shame that this topic is even a topic on here. It seems a lot of us are hiding the fact that we wear speedos to certain people or groups. What are your reasons for doing so?

My family doesn’t know because I know that my stepfather would ridicule me and make stupid jokes until the end of days. I’ve let a few of my friends know and my attitude with them is if they can’t handle or be friends with me because I wear a speedo, then they have the issue, not me. It took me a long while to be confident enough to even let anyone know, but one day I just realized, I just gotta be me.
Just a straight guy that enjoys wearing speedos. Life is too short, enjoy wearing what you want.

scottishSpeedo
Great Britain

Post by scottishSpeedo » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:27 am

My father in law would be as bad in Canada...to him speedos are a source of hilarity...

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:21 pm

swimmy wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:29 pm
I competed in a great Masters meet today in a city about four hours west of my house. Of course my brother and his wife came to watch and cheer me on. It didn't seem to bother them that I was wearing my new patriotic Speedo. I would estimate that about a third of the guys in the meet were wearing briefs. I won two events even! It was fun, at a really nice pool.
That's awesome. Congratulations! And post the video.
Long time Speedo® lover