G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Restricted Shipping

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

Speedoaddict
Great Britain

Restricted Shipping

Post by Speedoaddict » Mon May 29, 2017 2:35 am

I have recently been on the Nike, Speedo, and TYR websites looking at the glorious Speedo Style Swim Brief.
But the designs offered are so much better than we are offered in the UK or on the European websites.
We tend to get offered black or a limited choice of designs. Nike don't even offer a swim brief for UK customers on the Website only (sorry to mention this) BOARDSHORTS BY HURLEY. If you find a swim brief you like in another country it usually says for eg "US Sales Only".
Has anyone else noticed this?

Nike
http://www.nikeswim.com/products/gender/mens-products/

Speedo
http://www.speedousa.com/SearchDisplay? ... ender=male

TYR
https://www.tyr.com/shop/ssearch/?q=Bri ... ens&page=1
Love speedos, running shorts, rugby shorts, Aussie rules footy shorts.

Norfcountryboy
Great Britain

Re: Restricted Shipping

Post by Norfcountryboy » Mon May 29, 2017 3:32 am

Yup, territorial licencing. Speedo is or was represented in North America by Phillips-Van Heusen Corporation. That kind of arrangement only works well if the licencees agree not to encroach on each other's territory. So selling one of your products to an overseas buyer breaches the licence, even if it's only a one off. That's the Speedo example, I guess other brands have similar arrangements.
Real men wear Speedo's

karlos
Great Britain

Post by karlos » Mon May 29, 2017 8:50 am

I've said the same before. Although, you might find something a bit different from the boring black and navy speedos hear... https://www.simplyswim.com/departments/ ... mwear.aspx
and hear... https://www.decathlon.co.uk/C-781792-mens-swimwear
although the ones in the second link are mostly 100% polyester, so go up a size from your normal size.

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Mon May 29, 2017 9:06 am

Swimoutlet.com ships to the U.K. and some European countries. France and Greece are excluded, as well as many of the former eastern block nations. Going the other way, I recall when Lacoste sold brief style suits in France, you couldn't get them shipped here and their U.S. stores didn't carry them. No surprise on that last part.
Long time Speedo® lover

karlos
Great Britain

Post by karlos » Mon May 29, 2017 11:52 am

It's not that swimoutlet and others ship to the UK, but the issue that the selection that they do is limited or no different to what's available in the UK.

Swimbrieffetish

Post by Swimbrieffetish » Tue May 30, 2017 4:17 pm

Why don't you try www.swiminn.com used them before because someone recommended it from on here was able to find speedos with smaller cut and brighter colors

https://www.swiminn.com/swimming/mens-s ... milia=6009_

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Speedoaddict
Great Britain

Post by Speedoaddict » Tue May 30, 2017 4:34 pm

Hi Swimbrieffetish,

Thanks for the link. I have found a pair I am getting next payday. https://drms3v40st3o6.cloudfront.net/f/ ... swim-5.jpg

Thanks for the site. Spoilt for choice. Lol.
Love speedos, running shorts, rugby shorts, Aussie rules footy shorts.

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Tue May 30, 2017 5:38 pm

karlos wrote:It's not that swimoutlet and others ship to the UK, but the issue that the selection that they do is limited or no different to what's available in the UK.
I tried it myself by switching to their U.K. shipping option. You're right. Couldn't order their own Sporti brand or Nike. I was able to order a TYR racing brief in blue and a cool, but rather expensive, TYR print. The shipping was US$13.00 or so. TYR is a decent suit, so that's something, anyway. But maybe you can buy TYR in the U.K.? Didn't try any other brands.
Long time Speedo® lover

Swimbrieffetish

Post by Swimbrieffetish » Wed May 31, 2017 10:08 am

The link I gave was for an EU company. I think they are base in Netherlands. But they have European cuts with good colors.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

karlos
Great Britain

Post by karlos » Wed May 31, 2017 2:19 pm

Thom wrote:
karlos wrote:It's not that swimoutlet and others ship to the UK, but the issue that the selection that they do is limited or no different to what's available in the UK.
I tried it myself by switching to their U.K. shipping option. You're right. Couldn't order their own Sporti brand or Nike. I was able to order a TYR racing brief in blue and a cool, but rather expensive, TYR print. The shipping was US$13.00 or so. TYR is a decent suit, so that's something, anyway. But maybe you can buy TYR in the U.K.? Didn't try any other brands.
You can buy TYR suits in the uk, but like many other brands, The only ones offered by our retailers are the plain and more conservative designs.

A good example is to look at speedo.com and then look at speedo.co.uk, and see the difference of what's available.

BJE
United States of America

Post by BJE » Wed May 31, 2017 5:31 pm

What I have found even in the US is that the patterned designs are only in the suits with the taller thicker sides rather than the low cut narrower sides. The low cut skimpier suits are usually only available in solid colors. I would not wear a speedo with more than a two inch side. I also would not wear a high waisted speedo, they look like granny panties. It is also a mistake when men pull low cut speedos up to their waist which gives a rather silly look with the leg openings pulled up too high and the butt cheeks peeking out while making the crotch look as though they are going to be singing soprano, but I digress.

I wish I could buy smaller cut suit in a bright pattern print. I ordered two Aronik swimsuits on their Memorial Day sale. I was looking for a yellow suit so I ordered both of these and plan to keep the one I like best and send the other back. I like the bikini better than the brief, but I might find it lacking in coverage.